Menopause Community
iTCHY VAGINA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

iTCHY VAGINA

I am 48 years old (married) going through menopause (for about 1 year now)  For nearly 2 months I have been suffering from external vagina itchiness in the direction of the anus as well,  its only when I wash I find I need to really scrub the area so will be the itch, after washing I am ok, do not itch during the day, only if I wee and do not wipe dry dry, have never ever had any diseases of any nature eg STDs I have no discharge or anything like that. It used to happen before I used to get my period or when I used to ovulate they go away..now that I am not getting a period it seems to be permanently there..I have not had a period for 3 whole months..prior to that my period was on and off and very light some months..
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
334400_tn?1276897913
This could be a vaginal infection or fungus. Yeast will react in this way, especially if you eat foods with sugar. I would check with my OB Gyn to make sure it is nothing critical. Your husband may be giving it to you also. Check in with your Dr.
Blank
I'm 52 and I have had exactly the same problem for seven months.  I do not have a discharge and there is no unpleasant odour.  It's extremely irritating, mostly at night.  I use vagisil but it does little to help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...