Menopause Expert Forum
stress and menapause
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

stress and menapause

I am 52 and am struggling with hot flashes and anxiety brought on by stress.  I own a restaurant and stress is high even when I'm "off".  I have never felt anxiety or have ever had any mental problems in the past but I am surprised how all this is affecting me.  What is the longest time anyone has had hot flashes.  I need to see a light at the end of this dark tunnel.
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
A. Owning a business is a very important cause of stress.  So is menopause.  And hot flashes certainly make it worse.  

Hot flashes last on average about 3 years but can last only one year or rarely as long as 10 years.  If the hot flashes are keeping you up at night, then they can be contributing to your stress because you can
2 Comments
Blank
Stell I had hot flashes for 2yrs from thyroid probs??? I was changing my nightshirt four times a night. Way down below in this thread is is a reply from the doc to  pegdave.  Take a read it may help you until the doc replies. Good luck! Don't give up we are all women doing great things and going through many. Hot flashes are part of it. hugs rusalka
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979