Biliary Dyskinesia & Cholesterolosis
I was diagnosed with Biliary Dyskinesia & Cholesterolosis in Mar 2009 and had a cholecystectomy in May 2009. Is it possible that I had this issue for a number of years before it finally took its toll.  If that is the case, in what other ways could this issue have masked itself? Testing showed that my gallbladder was only functioning at 10% prior to surgery. I can remember in 2007 having some sharp pinpointing pains in my lower right quadrant that would come and go.  
I also had to have my gallbladder removed a few years ago. Like you, I only had some pain a couple of times before I had a huge attack and had to have surgery. Yes, you could have been having this issue for years. Not all people will have lots of pain. Some, like us will only have a little pain. I hope your feeling much better now.
A related discussion, Gas at night only. was started.
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle