Men's Health Community
Blood in stool, no pain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Blood in stool, no pain.

I am a 32 year old male and I have been having blood in my stool for about 3 months. It started when I began my new job. I had a very easy desk job before, and my only exercise was from 40 minutes a day in the gym. After this job began, a week later I notice a pink stripe down the side of my bowel movement. I began going more regularly too, someone said this was from the increase in activity (constant heavy lifting and running around). This continued (no pain anywhere) until one day when I had unloaded 600lbs of paper by hand (50lbs at a time), then reloaded, unloaded, and stacked it in 6 foot stacks.I felt the normal urge to go and only wound up passing a huge amount of fresh blood (no pain), no stool at all. It was after that day that I began having loose stool regularly, as well as blood in the water and on the paper, as before it was only a single pink/light-red stripe down the stool.

This has been going on for 3 months, I was trying to wait for my insurance to kick in (November 1st) and have a colonscopy scheduled the second week of November. Everything I read online says I probably have cancer, and this worries me. I have trouble containing bowel movements, almost incontinent sometimes. I feel like I have to go urgently and it turns out to be a large fart (sometimes oily) and about a teaspoon/tablespoon of pellet like stool. My job is extrememly stressful and I'm hoping that is causing the diahrrea. I have no pain, just an increased urge to go which only seems to come when I'm standing up or being active.

Any opinions? I had an off the record examination and the doctor said he thinks it's an anal fissure. I had one when I was a kid, and it was extremely bloody, but it healed and didn't last 3 months with changes in my stool composition and bowel movements like this has. If I take an extremely hot Sitz bath and use preparation H the bleeding seems to stop or lessen greatly.

Am I going to be ok to wait another month or am I already screwed (by the sound of it and what I read I feel I am). I was given some type of steroid ointment to apply annaly. It seemed the blood took on a dark jelly appearnce, but didnt subside. My aunt suggested preparation H and that seemed to help, I even had a few days with no blood. If it were a hemmoroid wouldn't it be painful? And hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) don't cause that increased urge to have a bowel movement right?
My insurance finally became active November 1, I had a colonscopy done November 2nd. They found a 30cm (almost 1 foot) section of my colon and intestine were red and inflamed, with lots of pus. The O.P. note listed it as collitis, with some biopsies preformed to determine what the infection was. They said it was not cancerous, I had no polyps, or hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) of any kind either. This is a relief, as the amount of blood that I am/was loosing each day didn't seem to have a positive outcome.

I just recently ended up with an intestinal infection and blockage. At first I had bloody diarhea (diarrhea) and was treated with antibiotics. Two days after that I ended up with constipation and pain. I was not able to  go to the bathroom for more than 5 days.
I had an emergency CT scan which showed nothing significant. I spent the next week in hosptital and was given sever different enemas, oral laxatives as well as oral fleet enemas.
I was in moderate to severe discomfort and was only able to pass small amounts of stool. I got discharged last Wednesday and still had had not significant bowel movement. I continued with the laxatives at home and was able to have some loose stools. Still a small amount of blood in it. Now as of yesterday I have not been having a bowel movement again. Still on the double amount of laxatives. Only eating soups and soft sandwhiches. I'm scheduled for another colonoscopy.
I have had several colonoscopies a few years back and no issues were found. I hope that they will be able to see something this time as I don't want to have a repeat of the last hospitalization. I did at one time have a small ulcer at the duodumum.
I have had an anal fissure, but that was differently. There was a lot more blood involved this time and the blood was mixed in with the stools. Stools also contained some mucus.
I'll give updates after the colonoscopy.

There seemed to be a certain area of the colon higher up that did not seem to clear at all. When I eat I can feel this area filling and then slowly letting the food past. There is a lot of gurgeling involved and at times cramping.

All the best