Men's Health Community
Lump on testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Lump on testicle

I have noticed a big lump on one of my testicles about a month or 2 back, it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, but it may just be progessing slowly. It feels almost exactly like another testicle, same size, but its a little firmer. Could this be cancer? I'm getting pretty worried.
If this helps, i just turned 19 years old and am still going threw puberty (a little behind i guess).
It's probably perfectly harmless but the only way to tell is to get down to your doctor to get it checked out ASAP.  First time I saw my GP about a personal problem came after months of procastinating.  Afterwards I was wondering what all the fuss was about - they really have seen everything before and there's no need to be embarrassed.
Thats the problem. I'm currently un-insured.
to jimmy
my name is garry i live in australia. ihad the same problem ,i sqeezed the lump and sometimes it would discharge small amounts off puss. please do not do this but mine started getting bigger so i got a syring and keep poking it untill i was able to with draw puss and it stank likehell ,alsso put the fear off god into me.anyway it srank a small amount. after that i did not have sex for a long time.then i moved to the country and then it got bigger so i got the embarassement out the way,i mean what a women has to do. so iseen the doctor after a few appoinments,he said make a double appointment.i went back as nervios as well very nervios. the doctor said doun with the pants and up on the bed,this is in his local rooms, the worst was when in a praticing recident and ayoung women at that. he then deadend the pouch ext got the scapel and with some moving around help from his healper and ahalf hour latter it was out the size off a golf ball.and it was only a syset. i am try ing to say for get the pride aand embarrasement and go to the er or what ever they call it in america.
yours sincerly garry.
***@****
I really don't think this is a cyst.
Jimmy,

I am 42 but when I was 35 I had a lump on my right testicle. I notices it when I was 28 but never did anything about it. Sometimes it would feel like a hot spoon was being pressed againist my testicle.
I went to the doctor and had a nurse do a sonagram on it and she said it did not seem to be cancerus but said was not 100%. I had a doctor remove it and he stated that it was a RARE CYST, one of which he never saw in his 30 years of surgery except on a film in MED school. Go figure. I also had a vasectomy at the same time so I was put to sleep. The surgery went well and I recovered in about 3-4 days. Go have it checked and removed if you need to. It's not worth it dude to ignore it.
Probably nothing.  Depends on how big it is really. I went to the doc's for a bb sized lump (I also, have no insurance and only go to the doctor's when I have a good reason) and he told me not to worry about it unless it became large as an olive. A hard lump, even on the testicle itself, is usually nothing and might never go away. However, if it is really large you had better go.

Heh, I currently have found two more lumps...each on the other testicle. They are not even the size of a bb and have been there for years. Just remember, whenever you read about stuff like this, they will never give you a straight answer. they will say "omg you are going to die go to the doctor's". They could be right, but really, unless there is a good reason, such as a golfball on your testicle, why worry about your chances of being hit by a bus?

On the other hand if you did have insurance it would be no sweat to go to the doc's every 5 minutes. I forced myself to deal with the worry for a year until I learned to not fear these things anymore. It is true, you have a better chance of being nailed by a vehicle than your lump being cancer. The doctor I saw told me of a man that had a testicle so large it was like a grapefruit....it was cancer and they removed it. He is fine after years and years. So really, don't panic; but don't be ignorant either. It is a hard balance.