Men's Health Community
Pain in testicles and groin

A community for people with Men's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Pain in testicles and groin

I'm hoping someone can lend some insight to a problem I've been experiencing for a few years. I am a 24 year old male, in relatively good shape. I exercise three to four times a week and have no history of major illness. I am not sexually active, and would have no possibility of an STD.

About two years ago, while giving myself a testicular exam I noticed a tiny bump under the skin in my scrotum to left of and behind my left testicle. Alarmed, I checked my scrotum and testicles closer and found a similar and slightly larger (pea-size) bump of similar texture at the base of my scrotum behind my right testicle near my perineum. Since discovering these bumps, I have been more cognizant of a dull, numb pain localized to my left testicle and extending up to my lymph node in my left groin area. I also have chronic, dull lower back pain that can feels related to my groin pain.

I visited a family physician concerning my enlarged lymph node (which I originally thought was a hernia because the swollen node was so pronounced) and was told it was a swollen node and it would disappear eventually. I was not prescribed antibiotics. I then visited a urologist concerning my node issue (on my own accord, to get a second opinion) and to seek advice on the bumps. I was told the bumps were calcification and nothing to be concerned about. The swollen node diagnosis was also confirmed. I was not prescribed antibiotics by the urologist, but was ordered to take a blood test and a testicular ultrasound.

On my follow-up visit, the urologist assured me nothing was wrong (no issues in the blood or ultrasound) and that we would schedule a 6 month tentative appointment if the symptoms persisted or new symptoms arose.

Yesterday while giving myself a testicular examination I noticed another small bump in the same region as the bump in my left testicle area from before. It is closer to the perineum and smaller. I am worried that more bumps mean something is wrong. My lymph node remains swollen and my dull pain in the groin, testicle, and lower back persists (about four months after my visit to the urologist). I am hoping the urologist was correct in assuring me that the swollen node and calcified bumps were harmless, but I am wondering if other men have had experience with this situation. Any advice, perspective, or thoughts would be a big help. Thank you.
1 Comment
   Normally swollen lymph nodes should get reduced in size after the infection goes away in a matter of two to three weeks. Continued swelling of lymph has to be examined for its cause and I suggest you to consult a general physician with all test data for an opinion. The pain in the testicle, groin and back may be related to the traction effect on the groin muscles by the swelling.
There may be different reasons, but one of the possibilities could be filarial cyst in the lymph, but if the ultrasound covered the cystic area, it would have got diagnosed. Are you coming from a filarial endemic area or have you been to such regions sometime before you got these symptoms?, if so, it could be a possibility. A standard test for filarial worms is to do a blood test of the peripheral blood drawn during night to look for microfilaria in the blood sample.

In any case I would advise you to do further teats to find out why the swollen lymph is not reducing size. What was your ESR readings from  the blood test?  

Solace  
redheadaussie Back in Good old Aus. Soooo... Comment
Aug 28
redheadaussie commented on redheadaussie's status
Aug 28
cnote is good! :) Comment
Aug 26
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle