Aa
A
A
Close
Strange, persisten odor from groin area
For the past several months I've noticed a strange, pungent odor coming from my groin area. It seems to be coming not from the leg fold, but from further back behind the scrotum. It doesn't smell like the sweat odor you would associate with underarm body odor, but more musty. After working all day, the smell transfers to whatever underwear I'd been wearing on that day.

I am overweight, but I shower regularly (typically twice a day) and have tried everything to get rid of it. So far I've had the best success with Gold Bond powder, although after several hours the smell returns. I also did a full course of jock itch medication on the off chance that could be the culprit, but I didn't seem to get any use from that.

As far as I can tell, I have no visible rash, although there is sometimes severe irritation down there (testicles sticking, profuse sweating, etc.), but is usually isn't persistent and goes away on it's own.

I'm really at a loss for answers. I've tried everything I can think of.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
222282 tn?1210168539
its more likely to be fungl caused by sweat in the folds of skin , you need an antifungal cream like clotromidazole or similar .  x
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Would something like that manifest with no vidible rash?

I've noticed when I stop using the Gold Bond there's a more noticable itching, but still no real stinging or rash to speak of.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
It's a long shot, but try a different Laundry Detergent.

It's possible that your unique body discharges and the fragrance from the Detergent are manifesting as the odor you describe.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, Bad smell from scortum was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
2 hrs ago
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
7 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
9 hrs ago
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle
Start Tracking Now
Top Men's Health Answerers
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank
Indore, India
1622896 tn?1448199822
Blank
Somewhere ?, United Kingdom