Strange, persisten odor from groin area
For the past several months I've noticed a strange, pungent odor coming from my groin area. It seems to be coming not from the leg fold, but from further back behind the scrotum. It doesn't smell like the sweat odor you would associate with underarm body odor, but more musty. After working all day, the smell transfers to whatever underwear I'd been wearing on that day.

I am overweight, but I shower regularly (typically twice a day) and have tried everything to get rid of it. So far I've had the best success with Gold Bond powder, although after several hours the smell returns. I also did a full course of jock itch medication on the off chance that could be the culprit, but I didn't seem to get any use from that.

As far as I can tell, I have no visible rash, although there is sometimes severe irritation down there (testicles sticking, profuse sweating, etc.), but is usually isn't persistent and goes away on it's own.

I'm really at a loss for answers. I've tried everything I can think of.
its more likely to be fungl caused by sweat in the folds of skin , you need an antifungal cream like clotromidazole or similar .  x
Would something like that manifest with no vidible rash?

I've noticed when I stop using the Gold Bond there's a more noticable itching, but still no real stinging or rash to speak of.
It's a long shot, but try a different Laundry Detergent.

It's possible that your unique body discharges and the fragrance from the Detergent are manifesting as the odor you describe.
A related discussion, Bad smell from scortum was started.
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Exercise Tracker
Exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle