Men's Health Community
Vibration sensation in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Viewing 201-215 comments:
Chalk another one up, mine started yesterday - I'm 38 and in good health and just 5-10 pounds over ideal weight.  Weird feelings in left testicle, light pressure/pain, and then the vibrating.  Maddening at times, kept me up at times last night.  Common factors with others I've read:  

1.) I had a spinal fusion when I was 22, L5 to S1.  Over the years, it's gone out.  Sometimes it's worse than others.  Yesterday was a bad one, I had to leave work early.  It aches as I sit here.

2.) I've been doing a lot of sitting lately, I'm a software tester approaching a deadline.  

3.) On again/off again with lots of vitamins including saw palmetto and L-argenine and male-centric supplements.  

I've not had sex in over a month, as I'm 'in between' relationships.  So I figured I may have been getting backed up down there.... Aaaand, you know what comes next.  Two goes later, and the buzzing is still there.  Oh well, I tried.  

Weird, not buzzing now as I sit here, but I'm sure it'll come back when I lay on the heating pad (posture, another commonality) in a moment.  

I've had pressure like this in my left testicle before, but this is the first time I've had the vibrating thing going on and I'm glad I'm not alone.  

OK peace out y'all.  If anyone wants to discuss this or compare symptoms directly with me, or has any other related questions, please feel free:  mytreesloth at g mail *******.  

Thanks, and good luck to everyone with this odd issue.  

-Jimbo
It's been 7 months since I posted out here.  The buzzing sensation is back again!  Looks I have quite a few posts to review and catch up with everyone's observations.  Looks like nobody has found THE root cause yet.  
I have been searching the net for information about this condition, and will be watching this post now until someone finds some concrete answers. Hopefully I can find some myself. I am 43/44 and live in upstate PA.
The conditions described by concernedperson3 and stillcurious are EXACTLY the same thing I am experiencing.

HOWEVER, I did notice the buzzing/vibrating feeling intermittetly in my left thigh and knee area several weeks before it tageted you know who, and I estimate that it was affecting that area for about 2 months before it moved. I haven't noticed it in the leg since the shift. I would think it's a pinched nerve somewhere, but I also was diagnosed with arthritis a little over a year ago.
Thanks for your comments concerning the vitamins.  I was getting the vibration/buzzing sensation and after I stopped taking Centrum Performance, the problem was gone within a day or two.
WOW
I feel much better after reading this group.  While at work the buzzing started....kind of freaked me out.  As soon as I got a break I found this forum.

I think I will start off with the ring cushion....
I thought I was going crazy. I'm a 43 male in great shape taking no Vitamins, or Meds. I work out about 4 or 5 times a week. I eat healthy, no fast food and maybe one drink a month. I started feeling this about four days ago and it buzzes for about 2 seconds and stops for 2 seconds. This goes on all day and all night, sitting or standing. I have no pain just this buzzing feeling. After reading this thread from top to bottom, I think I need to ride it out and don't panic. Is that what most of you think?
Day 2, and this vibration continues ever 5 seconds with a duration os a second or 2....its driving me crazy
My question to you all is.....Do or have any of you taken any ED meds?  Viagra, Levitra, Cialis?
Raiderfan868 - Same here buddy.  This has been going on with me for 2 days.  I hate it.  I'm on NO ED meds.
My SYMPTOMS have been GONE for about a week now. I hope for good. The only thing I have done different in my routine is that I stopped keeping my CELL PHONE between my legs while driving. I got one of those "on the dash" holders that lets you use your phone on speaker, or just store it, and a hands free ear-bud microphone gadget.
Anyway, it's not tucked between my legs, and the buzzing has stopped.  

I can't say if this event has been the cause of my dilemma or not, but I would really be curious to see how many of us are unconsciously keeping our cell phone too close to places we would rather not have this kind of trouble in.

Can anyone else in this forum test this theory, or at least give a ya or nay to weather or not you keep your cell phone in your pocket or like I did, on the car seat between my legs?
I would love to think I have discovered the cause of this suffering.
Add me to list!!  maybe with enough post someone will start looking into this issue.  

This happend to me almost 2 years ago, it started at work as a vibration in my left inner thy. As most of you have said.. i thought it was my cell phone. Then one day it moved to the penis and testies,  After a few months it got worse after sex, then the tip of my penis and urethra would have a strong burning sensation. Even the area between my testies and anus vibrated and hurt!  i went to two doctors and a urologist... they found nothing wrong with me. So i decided to ignore it and it went away over time. Well now its back. I dont get it :(    

Im 30 , i smoke and drink, i do eat very healthy.. I have panic disorded and take xanax.         Feel free to email me!      irock_667  @  yahoo
waw thanks 4 updating.
i'm not alone in this planet LOL
i wonder is it alien bio technology to buzz male genital LOL
just joking guys. really i appreciate this discussion.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/FamilyPractice/messages/522.html

this link is useful i think
i had the same sensasion buzzing but no pain. it's started when i feel pain after peeing not long ago. not frequent buzz but annoying. the buzz also accompanied by sore throat and flu. Here is the logical xplanation from the link above.

Tough to say without examination.  Any type of infectionAcute cytomegalovirus (cmv) infection
Acute hiv infection
Asymptomatic hiv infection
Athlete's foot
Breast infection
Cellulitis
Chlamydia infections in women
Common cold
Corneal ulcers and infections
Cystitis - acute bacterial
Ear infection - acute, bleed or penileCancer - penis traumaAcoustic trauma
Amputation - traumatic
Ear barotrauma
Facial trauma
Genital injury
Head injury
Head trauma
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Stomach disease or trauma
Tailbone trauma can leadLead poisoning to the symptoms.

You can consider sending the urineCalcium - urine
Calcium urine test
Chloride - urine
Cortisol - urine
Electrolytes - urine
Glucose test - urine
Hcg in urine
Ketones - urine
Kidney - blood and urine flow
Lh urine test (home test)
Ph urine test off for anaylsis and culture to rule out infectionAcute cytomegalovirus (cmv) infection
Acute hiv infection
Asymptomatic hiv infection
Athlete's foot
Breast infection
Cellulitis
Chlamydia infections in women
Common cold
Corneal ulcers and infections
Cystitis - acute bacterial
Ear infection - acute.  

Regarding a bleed or traumaAcoustic trauma
Amputation - traumatic
Ear barotrauma
Facial trauma
Genital injury
Head injury
Head trauma
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Stomach disease or trauma
Tailbone trauma, you can consider an ultrasound17 week ultrasound
30 week ultrasound
Abdominal ultrasound
Breast ultrasound
Carotid duplex
Doppler ultrasound exam of an arm or leg
Duplex/doppler ultrasound test
Echocardiogram
Eye and orbit ultrasound
Intravascular ultrasound
Pregnancy ultrasound to image these considerations.
hi i have got it to im 21 like some of you it not painfull but pi,, me off  
im strest to
i have one parter but i was think it might be

(thrush) just a thourt
might be wrong but  i was thinking if it help some one  you can get a table from the cemist there is a cheap one and an mover money one
thank
I used to get this vibration when I was younger and in better shape. I used to work out pretty hard and was very phisically active, running, lifting. I seem to recall it would happen if I hadnt had sex for a couple weeks and would go away when I was getting sex more regularly.
It's unlikely that this condition is related to the prostate because I had my prostate removed one year ago (cancer). I started experiencing the vibrations a couple weeks ago.  My urologist thinks "there are nerves still healing" from the robotic prostate surgery and that this could be the explanation.  Similar to others on this forum, I exercise vigorously 4-5 times/week, and I've been drinking more caffeine and taking more vitamins than usual as a precaution against winter colds.  I'm going to cut back on both and see what happens.
Had the same buzzing, vibration sensation at those in this post. I am healthy. Only med is Synthroid 125 mcg per day and Silver Centrum chewable vitamins for the past year or so. After reading some of the posts, I decided to stop the vitamin. After about 10 days the vibration stopped. Just one individual, but the worrisome abnormal sensation has disappeared.
I am a family physician who has had similar symptoms to those described in this forum.   Vibration type sensation at the base and midsection of the penis (now) and in the past more to the right as if it was in the testicle.  No associated symptoms of pain, discharge or any urinary difficulties.  Like almost every other 50 year old I know (that is honest), I use the ED meds (levitra/cialis) intermittently. Onset of symptoms was around a year ago.  Initially mild rhythmic vibrations that seemed to be worse in certain positions.  Spontaneous resolution after several months and then re-occurring about one month ago with more intensity.  I have had a fairly complete evaluation including negative urinalysis, normal routine bloodwork including normal PSA, and a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis two years ago for unrelated symptoms.

I have to admit that I have found all of the comments about the condition very interesting and quite reassuring.  In the past my usual thinking process resulting from weird symptoms such as this has been to conclude that I am going to die.  Hazard of the profession I guess.  In this case the sensation I was having felt like a vascular problem given that it was rhythmic and that I could imagine it to be a turbulence (medical term "thrill") created by blood moving through a narrowed artery.  This did not make a lot of sense since if a simple arterial obstruction was the cause why should I have not heard similar vibration reports from patients with advanced arteriosclerosis (blocked arteries).  I cannot recall symptoms of vibration being described in my patients with carotid artery disease (neck) or iliac (pelvic) or femoral (upper leg) disease.  In addition, I had normal pulses in both legs and groin with no bruits (sounds of turbulence).  Can you see the obsession coming out yet?  

Then I started thinking about other vascular problems such as aneurism (aneurysm) (local enlargement or "dilation" of a blood vessel) and arteriovenous fistula (an abnormal tract from an artery to a vein).  The fact that I do not have hypertension and two years ago had a normal CT of the abdomen and pelvis made the aneurism (aneurysm) unlikely.  As far as the arteriovenous fistula, I have no reason to have one and why did it start one year ago and then stop for an extended duration before starting again?  What about cancer?  Some cancers have significant blood supply and could produce a thrill.  Given that if I had a large cancer in the pelvic region I would have expected other symptoms. Also again a negative CT within the last two years.

The reassuring thing from these posts is that no one has indicated that this symptom was ultimately found to be caused by a life threatening disease process (eg. cancer, aneurism (aneurysm)).  It is also reassuring to see that much younger men and women have had the same symptoms.  They are obviously much less likely to have vascular problems or cancer.

The best explanation I have found on the posts has been the theory that the symptom has been caused by positional factors leading to nerve or muscle dysfunction locally.  Various individuals have talked about excessive sitting, riding motorcycles and stationary bicycles and I have a new one to add.  A year and a half ago I started working towards my private pilot's license.  The position I sit in puts pressure in my perineal (between anus and scrotum) region and lets just say that there are times when I am quite tense.  Recently (in October) I started flying a lot more, just before the symptoms started again.  I had not flown from April to Sept due to a shoulder operation in April.  

As far as the ideas about vitamins and prostatitis causing this symptom my opinion is that anything is possible but these have not been associations I have observed in over twenty years of practice.
It is always worth a trial of removing the potentially causative factor such as the vitamins and seeing if the symptom resolves.  If it does try going back on the vitamins and see if it reoccurs.  The same process should work when you are taking something such as over the counter magnesium or potassium.  If the symptom clears up after taking the medication for awhile stop the medication and see if it recurs after stopping.  Sometimes things just clear up on their own and it may not be associated with what we think has just worked.  There is also the ever present placebo effect.  Do not try experimenting with over the counter products if you are on other medications (such as blood pressure medicines) as it may create problems.

Anyways, I appreciate all of the work that individuals have made to try to understand this bothersome symptom.  It has helped me.

My recommendations are that you should see your physician about the symptoms if they persist for more than two weeks.  If they are associated with any other symptom such as urinary difficulties, pain, discharge etc. you need to be seen urgently.  I do not think that your physician will have seen this complaint much.  I haven't.  It is obviously out there but not something very many people come to the physician for in my area.  Therefore, in my opinion a complete exam including prostate and if female pelvic, urinalysis, CBC, CMP, PSA and in some situations an ultrasound of the lower abdomen and pelvis would be appropriate.  I am going to get an ultrasound of the lower abdomen and pelvis if the symptom persists.  It appears to be getting better just talking about it.

As far as treatment, you will have to try and see what works for you.  I think that trying to alter your sitting position with or without the circular pillow, avoidance of activities that are thought to cause the problem are the only things I can reliably recommend.  I am going to try some stretching exercises for the upper legs and groin region, buttock region and lower abs.  As far as the flying, maybe another cushion but I'm not going to stop.

In the typical medicolegal jargon of the day, see a doctor if it does not get better and don't try anything I have recommended here without talking to your doctor.  Sorry about the length of this post.
Well, I am glad I found this forum...I have had this weird buzzing vibration in my penis for about 5 days.  Lasts for about 2 seconds, EVERY 5-7 seconds and is really hard to ignore at times, especially when just laying around relaxing. No pain, no other symptoms. It actually went away for 1 day and I jumped for joy...but was back the next day and has not stopped now for 2 days.  I cant believe how many have posted here without any reconciliation or hint of a decent diagnosis...?!? Are we to suffer forever with this
" penis vibration syndrome?"

I think i found a CURE!!!!!

Ok.. I have been on this forum and read everything... about 5 weeks ago it started..annyoing the hell out of me.. i cut 5 hour energy drink , i did drive 8 hours prior to that day and that could have triggered it.. who know.. but what i do  know is last night as usuall it was buzzing like it always does (for the last 5 weeeks !!).. so i decided to open a bottle of wine  and  take  a BATH not a shower , but a bath!! .. i had pretty good buzz.. and the water was HOT..now i stress it was borderline  unbearable hot..but i sucked it up and stayed in the bath for 20 minutes.. my Nuts were loose  and i was just relaxing.. anywho.. after the bath..i had sex with my wife (lasted about  25 minutes ) and went to sleep ..woke up this morning.. nothing???? no buzzing nothing!!!!! it has been 9 hours so far and nothing.. i know its premature.. but its completely GONE!!.

Now guys .. is it a coincendence?? i really dont think so!!!  My thought is that the HOT *** WATER..  loosened up or  did something.. to whatever muscle was causing the vibrations!!!

PLEASE IF YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THIS.. TRY THE HOT BATH FOR 20 MINUTES OR SO.. make sure the water is as hot as you can handle without burning yourself!!   and just to eliminate any other doubts.. please either jerk off or have sex with your lady .. im just trying to give you the steps that worked for me!!!

I hope this helps

Hello, you have a call from your pants...

This sensation just started for me last night. I often would get the "Phantom Ring" sensation in my legs muscle and associated it with a cell phone. The ironic thing was I had this random sensation last night and mentioned it to my girlfriend whom also commented on having the sensation from time to time.

After our conversation we converged onto a few bottles of wine and then into sex. She stimulated me through the anus which has never been done to me before. After sex, I noticed that same cell phone feeling only now it was...
...in the tip of my penis, on the left side and has a slight vibration to it. It is constant and last for about 2 seconds and pauses for 5.

I have a great back and no nerve pain. I don't take vitamins and I am a 30 yr. old guy living in AZ.

From what I have read it sounds like there is no known cause and would make a great comedy bit, kind like the **** shiver (when you shake when your done peeing)

I think its related to a swollen prostate pressing on a nerve. Nerves are funny things, I have a number of tattoos and can tell you that the pain associated with them often is felt in other areas of the body. For example, when getting my should tatt'd, I felt the pain in the back of my head at the base of my skull.

I only ramble all this because your nerves travel down your spine and branch out at the base (duh, I know...) so naturally if your prostate was swollen it would apply pressure and cause all kinds of strange sensations.

I am going to try the hot bath thing and stay away from any new stimulation in that region, Ill let you know my results!

Cheers!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum.  I woke up on 1/6/09 with this tingling/vibration on the head of my penis and couldn't figure out what was going on.  This forum allowed me to see that it wasn't serious, it wasn't going to last forever, and that it was probably related to compressed nerves (or something like that).

Personal data:
   I am 60 years old.  Live in Texas.  Take a liquid vitamin/mineral/amino acid/fatty acid supplement every morning.  I exercise 5-7 days per week.  I retired from a desk job one year ago.  I was used to sitting for long stretches of time working on my computer.  I continue to do that at home, but I am sitting in a different chair - lest ergonomic.  I was at my job for 36 years.  I do not ride a motorcycle or bicycle.  I don't have my cell phone in my pockets very often.

Symptoms:
   The vibration duration was 2 seconds with about a 1 second rest period.  It continued all day and all night, I'm sure.  It was fairly faint.  I noticed it most when I was sitting or standing still.  Any activity would take my mind off of it and I wouldn't notice it unless I concentrated on it.

Theory:
   I believe it is a nerve issue that is caused by improper posture, especially when sitting for extended periods of time.  I have no medical training so take it for what it is worth.

Cure:
   I think the best solutions are the hot bath and the donut cushion.  It is possible it will go away by itself.  Having said that, yesterday (1/8/09) I did not take my vitamin/mineral supplement.  I also was on my feet a great deal of the day and did not sit at my computer from 11:00 am until 9:30 pm.  That evening the vibration was gone.  I took my vitamin/mineral supplement this morning.  I also bought a donut cushion yesterday and have used it today while sitting at my computer.  It has been 24 hours since I felt anything unusual down there, so I am hopeful it is gone for good.

I'll let you know if it comes back.  Meanwhile I hope this has been helpful and that everyone has success in their treatment.      
My boyfriend told me about this vibrating sensation last night at dinner.  He said that this happened about a week ago but he didn't think anything of it until today when he excused himself from a patient to take a cell phone call and it turned out to be his penis vibrating.  When I researched his symptoms, it came back with something called "prostatitis" which means inflammation of the prostate and there are a few different kinds (look up prostatitis and you will find them).  The post (from a urologist practicing in the clinical field for 34 years) said that the causes could be from too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, withdraw at the time of ejaculation, aggressive bike or horse back riding, and excessive spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine in the diet can predispose you to this.  Sitting for long periods of time, especially in an automotive vehicle, can put undo pressure on the prostate and aggravate the condition.  Coincidentally, my boyfriend was trying to cut back on masturbating because he hasn't been able to ejaculate while we are having sex only while masturbating...but he also has high blood pressure, eats spicy foods and foods that has a lot of sodium in it, drinks a decent amount of caffeine every day (at least 3 cups of caffeinated coffee or tea), and drives around to see patients nearly half the day.  His easy fix was to increase his masturbation (of course) and not his diet but I thought that it would be foolish to change one factor and not the others.  I wanted him to go see the doctor Does anyone else here have these same symptoms??? Here is the post address that I got this information from

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Urology-Male-issues-989/Vibrating-Senastion-Penis.htm
First I must say, Thank You for all who contributed to the thread. I would still be freaked out by this had I not known others are/have experience(d) this annoying vibration in my groin.

I am a very active (marathon-type) 46yo monogamous(10+ years) HIV+ gay white male in the Midwest. I have Complete Blood Counts regularly, as well have recently had a ct scan and MRI as well PSA and prostrate(family history) exam. Mostly asymptomatic.

This started over a week ago. A few days after it started, I shared the sensation with my partner. Expecting to be humiliated, he too could feel my vibrations. So I knew it wasn't just my imagination. Now he confesses to have had similar sensations since I first shared my knowledge with him. He's confident it will go away sometime.Obviously it isn't as annoying to him as me. It bugs the Hell out of me.

I am so sorry for all of you who have had this problem! I hope we can figure this out soon! Thanks again for reassuring me so I don't go out and get all those expensive tests done again! Particularly, thanks to all the Dr's that have contributed.
Hey it's nice to be here just vibrating for the first time and all! Just started vibtating today after walk in breezy sunshine 45 degrees F. The vibration is in the little muscle on the "top" of the penis between the meatus and less sensitive shaft area, under the wrinkly part. I too just today lifted a heavier than usual object (luckily the tote full of liquid containers has handles.) I have screwed up my feet too and today twisted the wrong way while exiting the job and I was in a hurry. I have a muscle spasm in the left foot's seperate big toe arches area. I've had very painful back pain in the past with drugs and excercise and chiropractic therapy without end in sight. I had a nap today on my lunch time at work when; I was actually meditating seated in a chair and fell into a nap with my head drooping towards the lap three seperate times. I don't use any over the counter medication if at all possible. I take supplements; magnesium for muscle spasm help, a multivitamin, an seperate all herbal multivitamin, fiber, and vitamin "c."  I will follow up any comments here and BTW this thread is a hell of a good thing to have! And by god if this discussion isn't working things out so the vibration just quit! Praise God!
LOL. Funny, I never commented that before, but it seems these vibrations are very common by the amount of guys talking here. I had the same. I just noticed that they occur more often when I practice biking for long periods. Probably only muscle spams. But you are right, the sensation is exaclty as a cell phone on Vibracall in your pocket.
I noticed a lot of you guys talking about biking, that might be it, only spams from the sport.
Let me know if some other diagnose comes up. I live in Brazil.
Okay, so I am really not crazy.  I remember first hearing about this while listening to "Supersize Me" by Morgan Spurlock, and laughing like crazy because I thought it was ridiculous...  buzzing in penis, haha.  Anyway, I started experiencing the same thing.  it went on for a couple of months for perhaps 3 or 4 seconds at a time.  Annoying but not really something I worried about.  I have since started going back to the gym, watching what I eat, and doing mma.  Problem solved.  Anyway, I bought some bagels yesterday at Panera Bread, as well as two tubs of cream cheese (sundried tomatoe is great).  I had a bagel last night, and one this morning, each with a very large amount of cream cheese.  Driving to work this morning, buzzing came back.  I have no idea what it could be but I am thinking that it might have something to do with the "large" consumption of fat, or something in the cream cheese.  Or I could just be reaching and it is something else.  However, in "Supersize Me", Spurlock did mention a correlation between fat and the buzzing.  What do you think?
Nice to find this. This vibration thing just started with me today and I was really worried.
The strangest thing was it wasn't painful. Just annoying.  Buzz for 6 seconds. Stop for 20 seconds. Repeat. I take Centrum Cardio twice daily. I noticed a few of you mentioned that you took a centrum product as well. I hadn't for a while, but I recently began riding my exercise bike again. I have been feeling a lot of stress at work as well, lately. I have been working to control my blood pressure by changing my diet in about January, and really fell off of it in the last couple of weeks. I just started back on my diet this week. Monday to be specific.
I was really relieved to, 1) find this discussion I see that I'm not alone, and 2) find that the condition seems to go away on it's own.
Looks like I have new motivation to keep to my diet.
I sent my doctor an e-mail about the sensations. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.
This place was definitely a godsend for me.
Interesting forum! Weird that there isn't more medical information about this! I just discovered the buzzing the last couple days. If it is a posture thing maybe stretching and/or yoga could help. I go in and out of doing yoga, so I might try that as well as the hot bath. I have been having some back pain due to sleeping on my stomach. That too could be a culprit....

Thanks!
I'm 33 years old and I too have the buzzing penis syndrome.  Maybe lack of use...  just kidding.  I started running, biking and lifting on a regular basis recently to try to get into shape for my divorce.  I've been taking vitamins and eating a lot of protein.  I hope this is the source of this aggravation.  
I have read a lot of the comments on vitamins.
I can tell you i have experienced this for a while, on and off now.
I take NO pills of any kind.
I  think its a lower spine issue. read some things on getting a sacrum adjustment and people said it solved it,I'm going to a chriorpractor soon and will update.
I had this sensation 2 years ago and subsequently it went away after a double hernia procedure. It was difficult to describe it to others but this thread is very accurate. Recently it has returned but not as noticeable a vibration. The first thing that I thought about was another hernia - but it does not appear that I have another one. Has anyone else connected it to hernias - tearing of the tissue??? The cell phone ideas are interesting but where else does a man carry his cell phone??? The L4 L5 problems could be accurate for me since I am in constant care for those areas of the spine. Sitting long periods seems to bring it on also. Prostate issues could be connected also since I have had a recent 3/4 months ago biopsy (25 samples!) that was negative. Thanks for all of the sharing. This is definitely a topic not researched or discussed much.
Holy cow, we could start our own support group. Thank God for Google, huh?

I am 32 years old, monogamous and married. I am also an avid heavy-weight lifter and slightly neurotic about my diet (on the good side). I am very physically active, take plenty of supplements (multi-vitamin included), train in Krav Maga and MMA, and drink plenty of water. I have had back pain for about 6 years. A year ago I had both a Lumbar and a Thoracic MRI and the results came back negative for any nerve impingement. I see a chiropractor fairly regularly.

My buzzing started about a month ago. Intermittent buzzing is what I get. On-again-off-again lasting about 1 second each. Carries on for a good amount of time. Very annoying. I might go to a doctor this week to see if I can get something figured out.

Have any of you guys experienced an increase in your frequency of urination? I ask because any water I drink seems to literally go right through me. I was wondering if it could be kidney related.

Thank you to everyone for posting.
Ahh.  The buzzing is now gone!  Haven't had it in months.  I realize now that the sensation occurred shortly after I fell very hard onto my sacrum while walking on the ice at a skating rink!  I truly believe that all who have blamed lower back issues were right on the money.  My bruised sacrum has since healed and I have no more buzzing sensation!  Good luck to all of your dancing penises out there and may all of them get the love and attention they deserve!
I'm a 20 year old male and I've been experiencing this vibration sensation for the last 3 days too! It doesn't happen very often though.. I only notice it when I'm focusing on it, and it isn't constant. At the beginning, I thought it was all in my head but the feeling is too real!

I'm healthy, I don't have any history of medical problems. I'm not sexually active at the moment. I don't have any back pains, and I haven't been stressed lately.. I'm enjoying my summer relaxing.

However, this problem first occurred after masturbating, and it's been there ever since. I notice it considerably more after I masturbate. Could it be? I don't really masturbate too much, but lately.. I have been doing it more than usual..

Anybody have any advice? Thanks.
Can other people feel if your penise vibrates
Could these vibrations be related to all the wireless signals in the air?  If you're familiar with the TV buzzing just before your cell phone rings, I would say the duration and effect is similar.
A related discussion, Tingling-buzzing in penis was started.
Muscle spasm would be your culprit. This us very common in sexually active men. Monitor the level of strain during sex, you could easily pull muscles in the groin.
Dr. Wageman
This is a horrible cliffhanger....where's the post MD visit follow-up? I am nurse whose husband works lifting heavy parcel items. Back pain and muscle strain seem like a common thread in all of your posts and a seemingly likely cause for his symptoms as well. I am very thankful for all the descriptive posts thus far. It helps me to put him at ease especially as we have a high medical deductible with my jobs crappy insurance.
A related discussion, Groin vibrations was started.
This vibration thing just started happening today 05 19 12.  In my case it feels more deep in the groin like at the base of the penis or the prostate area.  I have Hypertension, a history of kidney stones AND some lower back discomfort depending on shoes and how much time standing / sitting.  I'm in my early forties and have been trying to stand more recently to avoid too much time sedentary at the computer.  I do take a generic multivitamin everyday with an occasional switch on the brand if I forgot to take it at home.   Fearing a kidney problem with no insurance, working 40 hours per week in the greatest country in the world, I started drinking water.  After 3 brisk twenty minute walks the vibration increased from 2 seconds with a 5-7 second pause to a 2 second vibration to a two second pause.  Very grateful to find this forum.  The vibrating stopped shorty after the third walk for about one hour.  What I have in common with some others here is high blood pressure, history of kidney stones and possible recent back strain after yard work the previous day.  The vibration is returning slightly, depending on my position.
well, you have someone who agrees with you here. maybe it is a coincidence, the same thing has happened to me. I am a fitness trainer and much concerned about my health. i started taking vitamins that i hadnt takin in a long time because i had this about eight years ago. now it started up again since i have started taking the vitamins. maybe we got something here,as we may all know, vitamins are always what they crack up to be. got to look around for the good stuff.
I have been experiencing this vabration feeling in the tip of my penis for about two months now.  Not constant but getting more frequent.  For quite some time I thought that my cell phone was in my pocket or my pants were rubbing the head of my penis somehow, I would adjust and go on. (Of course it would just keep vibrating)

My wife hates sex (I think anyway) We rarely have sex but she does perform fallacio on my 1 or 2 times a week. My ejaculations are always incomplete and there is a lot of semen that comes out long after she has done her great deed for the week.

I can't masturbate as I have no privacy, I frequently have erections and usually just have to let them go away.

I think there is some truth to princessinny's post above.

Has anyone found an answer to this? I too am experiencing this but have no clue what it is I can only feel it internally (if I place my fingers on penis I can not feel it in my fingers).  It is irritating it doesn't hurt at all.  I have been having some I tense lower back pain on my right side recently...
I am glad to be not alone with that problem and to see a honest discussion on this forum. I am 40, overweight, no drugs, no STDs, erectile dysfunction. It just started 3 days ago: A slight buzz, not at the very top, but close to it. It is really faint and irregular. Besides making me check for my cell phone it is no bother really. I remember I played tennis on hard concrete the day it started. Coincidence?
The vibration/s in/around your penis are the new energies emanating from 'source' in to the earth. The vibration(light/positive energy) cleans out the dark/negative sexual energies you have created in your life experiences that is blocking your spiritual growth. It happens(vibrations) in many different parts of the body not just penis. Alot of people are experiencing these changes, soon, ALL will notice something is going on!! It is nothing to fear/worry about, just relax and let the new energies flow!
Viewing 201-215 comments: