Men's Health Community
Vibration sensation in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to men's health, cancer, circumcision, erectile dysfunction (ED), hair loss, impotence, infertility, parenting, penis disorders, prostate, relationships, STD's, testicular disorders, and vasectomy.

Vibration sensation in penis

For a couple of weeks, I have a vibrating sensation in the penis area.  I first thought my cell phone may have started it since I have had it attached to my belt, on the vibrate status.  I stopped doing this and still feel it.  It is either a vibration or a sensation of filling up with liquid.  No other symptoms are there.  No pain in urination, no pain in sex, have been married for many years with one partner, and no urge to go to the bathroom.  It happens randomly, and lasts for 3-6 seconds then goes away.  It is irritating but not painful.

Any thoughts on this issue would be helpful.
Tags: penis, Health
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I noticed you posted a comment in the thread that I started on 7/29 entitled "faint vibrating/buzzing/spasm in penis"...  It seems we have been dealing with similar symptoms for about the same amount of time.  Do you mind if I ask what region you are located in and how old you are, and when it started?  I am 29, located in Texas, and first noticed it 7/24/06.

Anyway, I do not yet have an answer as to what this might be, and as of now I am still experiencing this strange sensation.  I went to my family doctor, who didnt have a clue, but thought it might be a muscle strain from bike riding or bowling.  He prescribed muscle relaxers which did nothing for me.  I then went to a Urologist, who said he also didnt know what it was, but wasn't concerned, as he himself had gone through the same thing around my age.  He said it will clear up on its own in a few weeks, and as long as it isn't painful and no other symptoms develop, just try not to worry about it, and if symptoms persist, he will order a full workup on me (I have a followup appointment in a couple weeks).  In my previous post, I referenced some other discussion boards where other men with the same symptom mostly report that it does indeed go away in 4 - 6 weeks.

As a side note, my urologist found "trace" amounts of blood and protein in my urine, which he felt were not related, and not substantial enough to cause alarm.  As a precaution, however, he put me on a two week course of Doxycycline.

I know this can be irritating, and I am sorry for you that you have to deal with this, but at the same time, I appreciate having someone to talk to about it that knows what I am dealing with as well.  Please let me know what you find out, and I will do my best to post my findings as well.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  I am 40 and sensations started about a month ago, I am located in Pennsy.  I have an appt with my reg doctor on 8/8 and today I am going to call a Urologist.  My cousin married a man who became a urologist, so I hope to get some insight as he is very bright and has his own practice.  He has been on vacation last week, so it may be difficult to reach him in the next few days.  I am going to read him your description, since it is just like mine and see what he says.  I'm very glad to here that both your doc's don't think it is too serious, but I'm still not confident yet.  I will keep you posted on what I find out, if you can do the same it would be appreciated.
Thank you
How did your appointment go?  I had an appointment on 8/8 as well...  got full blood and urine analysis and everything checked out completely normal.  not even the "trace" amounts of blood and protein that the urologist found showed up in my urine this time.  This was all comforting, since I have been developing a lot of other symptoms lately, and being the research junkie that I am, I was finding conditions matching my symptoms ranging from diabetes to cancer, and many things in between.

Happily, the tests ruled out any of these conditions, and it is likely that just the anxiety from this one condition is causing all these other symptoms, each one compounding the anxiety, mimicking even more conditions.  I did have high pulse and blood pressure, but those may have been anxiety related as well.  But whatever it is, it seems that it is not anything serious at all.

I have now been experiencing this strange sensation for 2 1/2 weeks.  It seems that stress has something to do with it, like the times when I can genuinely ignore it, the frequency decreases.  It also seems at times that some postures are more likely to produce the vibrations than others.  Like if I am sitting normally, I may not feel anything, but leaning forward and bowing my head will almost guarantee to start the vibrations.  It also seems like this problem has decreased slightly in the past couple days, but I cannot be sure.

For now, it seems the best I can do is just not let it bother me.  Sometimes that is easy, and sometimes not so much.  Of course, if there are any more developments I will post them as well.
I had a full blood work-up and also went to get an xray of lower spine.  I don't have any results back yet, however my blood pressure was normal, and the entire physical was normal.

My doctor thinks it is somehow related to my spine.  I definitely have noticed that it has almost gone away (again like you say, maybe I am not so worried about it, so I don't think about it, therefore it is less of a nuisance.)  But I have the same feelings, when I stand up quickly and bend forward that is when I would notice it the most (thus he thinks it is spinal related) and the other day, I thought I felt the buzzing in my right thigh.  I play a lot of tennis and ride a stationary bike everyday, but I don't recall ever having spinal trouble.

I am waiting a couple of days to get results of xray and blood/urine test results, and bring everything to my cousin/urologist.  He does not think it is of any concern, and he even said, he thinks his cell phone is on, and he feels a slight vibration in that area as well.

I'm glad things are going well, and I hope this all will pass, but once I have my results, I will also post them.  It is good to read your posting again, as it seems our issues are very similar and hopefully we both will end up with good results.
Keep posting, Thank you.
Any results back from the xray and other tests yet?  Are you having any associated back pain?  I have noticed some back pain coming on slowly over the past couple weeks, though I never noticed any before this thing started.  I wonder if whatever is causing this sensation is leading to my back pain as well, or if I am just driving myself to back pain trying to find and hold postures that don't produce the vibrations.

Anyway, I have a followup appointment with the urologist this week and another with my family doctor the week after.  I am guessing if it does not start to die away, I will be referred to a neurologist or something like that.  I am starting to think mine is nerve related, though I cannot be sure.

By the way, in my searches, I have come across something referred to as "phantom vibrations", which is where you think your phone is vibrating, and the sensation originates from where you usually keep your phone (typically the pocket region).  Mine has always seemed to originate from the urethra rather than my pocket, but in your last message, you said you feel it sometimes in your right thigh.  Do you keep your cell phone in that pocket?  It seems to be a very common complaint, and although it doesn't fit my case exactly, I wonder if there are similarities there worth exploring.
I got the results back today, and there is absolutley nothing wrong with spine, PSA, cholesterol and all other things tested.  My problem has seemed to subside, but I noticed it again last night at a phillies game.

One thing I wanted to ask you, do you take any vitamins, such as One a day for men?  or Centrum?  I just started taking a multivitamin and when I stopped for a few days it subsided, but I started taking it again and conicidentally felt feeling again, could be my imagination.  That phantom ringing sounds like a good possibility, what website did you read that on?

Since I went to doctor, I don't know if there is anything else to do at this point, I'll keep you posted and watch for your updates.  Good Luck
That is interesting that you mention vitamins.  I actually do take Centrum Performance, have been taking it for a couple years probably, but I have never been very consistent.  I will usually take it for a few days and then forget about it for a few weeks.  The last time I took it was probably a week or so ago.  It seems like the buzzing has gotten lighter and less frequent in the past couple days.  I had considered a link between the two briefly (I have pretty much considered everything, LOL), but I figured the chance of a link there was a long shot.  Makes me think a little more about it though, since you mentioned it.  Once this thing subsides, I might try them again and see if the vibrations return; might be an interesting experiment.  But I will probably not want to press my luck.  I might have to add it to the growing list of suspicious activities that I will never try again :) I am still convincing myself I will not have to add sex to that list! LOL

The phantom ringing thing...  I did a search and found LOTS of results... nothing really scholarly or anything, just a bunch of people who have been noticing the same thing.  Type phantom vibrations in a google search, and you will find a wealth of information.

I have a followup with the urologist this Friday, which I fully expect to be completely uneventful, but of course, I will keep you posted.

Take care, and please keep the updates coming.
Hey guys, 23 year old male here living in Philly, PA. I just started getting this last night and freaked out because i didnt know what it was. About 9 months ago I had sypmtoms of pain in the urethra but not when i was peeing and two weird bumps that showed up out of nowhere. I had a med resident tell me I had herpes and I obviously had a panic attack. After I got tested twice (at two month intervals) and also told I (and the resident) were crazy about the diagnosis by another doctor. I went to a urologist to see what was up and he told me I had prostatitis. I was on cipro for 4 weeks but in two different times. Problem slightly subsided but I still get pain in the urethra every once in awhile. But I must say since the herpes psuedodiagnosis I have become quite a hyperchondriac. Anything and everything I see i attribute to an STD. As with this new buzzing feeling, it is the same. It is good to see that it doesnt seem to be related. I am also a gay man. I also have gotten back to working out this summer. (I dont know how much of this matters but it seems with more info we might find a common thread)I get slight back pain when i am sitting in my car but other than that not really. I wont go to my urologist because ive seen him way too much in the past 8 months. I think I will wait it out.
How did the urologist visit go today?
Urologist visit went exactly like expected: no sign of anything wrong and no clue from the doctor.  I asked him a little more about his own condition, and he said that for him it cleared up "for the most part" over several weeks, but that he still feels it occassionally even now, some 10 years later.

As for myself, my symptoms had seemed to be calming down until a couple days ago.  After ejaculation, I noticed the buzzing came back, almost as bad as when it first started.  Yesterday and today have both had some increased buzzing from the days before.  This Monday will mark the end of the 4th week that I have been dealing with this.

The doc said he will give me a couple more weeks, and if there is still no improvement, we will get a consult with a neurologist and an MRI of my spine.  I don't know if I will really take it that far, but we'll see.

Is your buzzing still fading away?  Did you ever notice that sometimes during the day, especially if there had been some buzzing, a faint soreness around the base of the head of the penis (glans (glands))?  i notice that sometimes, but also sometimes i think i might just be paranoid.

uhoh3844, welcome to the discussion.  i am sorry to hear about your experiences, but happy to have another sympathetic person to discuss this with.  keep us updated on how things are going, and like you said, perhaps we can be lucky enough to find a common thread.
Hey, guys.  Glad to see this discussion. Have been having the same buzzing sensation the last couple of weeks, especially when sitting or lying down.  I especially notice it when on the toilet.  The vibration comes and goes, lasting from less than a minute to a couple of minutes.  I'm eager to learn what is causing it.  Here are my stats in case there is some common link that could be causing it.
53, excellent health, have enlarge prostate (take Flomax).  Also take Centrum Silver, Zocor, Nexium and a baby aspirin.  But, have taken all these for a long, long time and doubt any of them are the cause.  I started a new job where I sit in an office chair 8 hours+ each day.  The vibration started a few days after I started this job, though I've had office type jobs my entire life.
i guess i could post a little history about me too.  29, uncircumcised, excellent health, married for 5 years, 1 sex partner in lifetime (wife).  i dont have the greatest diet in the world (high sodium and fat in proportion to other nutrients).  have been supplementing with centrum performance off and on for a couple years.  i also have a job where i sit for long periods of time (i am a computer programmer).  i am not very active away from work either.  been experiencing the buzzing for 4 weeks now.  today seems to have been a calmer day.  it seems the less i think about it, the calmer it gets.  no real change in lifestyle prior to onset of symptoms.  i had been bike riding a couple days before, which is not a typical activity for me, but i am not convinced that had an impact.  had also been bowling the day before onset of symptoms.  for the past couple days, i had noticed some urethral soreness along with the buzzing, but that has been calmer today as well.  i am hoping that as i start my 5th week, i am rounding the corner toward decreased symptoms.

as i said, it seems the less i think about it, the calmer it gets, and i have almost even come to the point where i decide to stop posting here so i dont have to think about it, but there is comfort in knowing what others are dealing with.  it helped me in the beginning to be able to see how others are dealing with it, and i hope that this conversation can bring about some comfort to others as well, and maybe if we are lucky, find some causes or treatments too.  so i will try to continue posting my updates, and i appreciate reading everyone else's stories as well.

take care everyone, and keep the updates coming
Hi.  I am yet another guy who has recently had this odd sensation, and who is happy to have found this thread.  You have to love the web...

I first noticed it on Tues of this week (Tues 8/22/06).  I was driving home from work and I had a sensation just like a cell phone vibrating, except the sensation was located at the superior (dorsal) aspect of the base of my penis.  I am not sure if the sensation was located on the body or on (in) the penis at this location.  It lasted about 5 seconds.  There was no pain or other associated symptom.  It has been happening several times per day since then, especially when I am sitting.  Sexual function is normal.  I am in my early 40's.

I have been thinking back over my last few days/weeks to find an etiology for this problem.  Here is the list of everything that is new in my experience:

1.)  About 15 weeks ago I started a diet and exercise program.  (I have lost 14 pounds.)  For exercise I do stairmaster stepmill for 30 minutes almost every day.  I take the steps two-at-a-time for at least 5 of those minutes (so there is a lot of stretching going on in the perineal area.)

2.)  About 2 weeks ago I had a sore throat and cough, took Azithromycin (Z-pac).

3.)  About 2 weeks ago I strained my lower (sacral) back while lifting something.  There was mild pain and stiffness which resolved over the course of 3-4 days.  No neuropathic sysmptoms (radiating pain/numbness/tingling/weakness).

4.)  Last weekend I went on a long motorcycle ride, 900 miles (425 miles Saturday, 475 miles Sunday) after not having ridden a motorcycle in 8 years!

5.)  Today (Thursday) when I was operating I got the sensation.  (I am an MD, but not a Urologist).  In the OR I sit on a small stool with firm padding.  I usually scoot toward the forward edge of the stool to reach the microscope, with both feet on control pedals, so the position ends up being a lot like the motorcycle seat, with a lot of pressure on the perineal area.

I am very glad to have found this forum.  I really dreaded the  idea of going to a Urologist with this chief complaint.

So here's what I think:

I think it is some kind of neuropathy due to pressure on, or entrapment or inflammation of a nerve in the perineal area.  In my case, the motorcycle ride has to be the culprit.  Two other posters here have mentioned bicycling (one daily on a stationary bike, the other took an uncharacteristic bike ride one day.)

I saw the links to info on Pudendal Nerve Entrapment.  I am hoping it is some mild and temporary form of this.

I do not think it is attributable to the back strain.  For this to be the cause I would need to have a prolapsed disk in the sacral spine, but with this being the only symptom.  Also, I think that the central location speaks against it being from a pinched spinal nerve root.

So what am I going to do about it?

Not much.  If I go to a Urologist he will be obligated to do some tests which will come back normal, in my case.  I doubt that there is a curative surgery or steroid treatment or something that I am missing out on.  (Would I want to do this if there were?)  So I am going to avoid sitting too long, take ibuprofen, and hope for the best.  (And monitor this forum.)

I would welcome the opinion of a Urologist on this forum.

Medicolegal disclaimer: Please do not take my experience and my personal decisions as medical advice to you.  If YOU are having a new and troubling symptom, then YOU should go to a doctor to be checked.  I had considered not posting at all, but I was so glad to find this forum when I had this disturbingly odd symptom, that I felt I should share my experience so that others won't feel like an oddball, as I did.
Its good to know I am not the only one experiancing this sensation. I would say that the discription of a cell phone vibrating is the most accurate. I first noticed it about 5 day ago. It felt like my clothes were vibrating around my penis head and top portion of shaft.I am under the impression that it is do to medication. I take Zocor, nexium, benicar regularly. I just had some dentistry done (cap that went bad) and was in severe pain. The dentist perscribed Amoxicillin for infection, and half doses of 7.5mg Hydrocodone for pain along with 2 Advil plus sleeping pills at night. I took the pain med with Advil for a day and it made me sick. Since then I have just been using 2 Advil 4 times a day. I noticed that one of the other post listed Nexium, Zocor as meds the take. I am wondering if there is a common denominator here? Could this concauction of meds be causing this feeling? I cant wait for my perscription from dentist runs its coarse so I can test my theory. It seems strange that everyone posting seems to have just recently gotten this. Strange. I hope it is something simple IE: perscription drugs not playing well together. I mentioned this feeling to a friend and he said that he has gotten it before and feels its do to his cell phone being in his pocket. I do carry mine in my front pocket at time but do not believe that is the cause. I also where dress pants and briefs most of the time. I hope that this info is helpfull in finding common denominator.
Well, I have been hesitating to post in the past couple days to give myself time to see how this thing progresses.  It has now been 4 1/2 weeks since my symptoms started (one month to the day, actually).  I was not on any medication at the time.  currently, I have been pracitcally...  dare I say it?...

VIBRATION FREE!!

for the past 3 days or so.  I say "practically" because there are rare moments during the day when I feel a slight hint of the buzzing...  mostly when I am driving.  But my car has very stiff suspension and it could just be the car vibrating things down there and reminding me of the sensation.  I also woke up in the middle of the night last night and thought I had felt it, but couldn't be sure.  Anyway, as I have stated before, when the buzzing started to decline, it was replaced with a slight dull soreness in the urethra that also is almost gone now.  I am still not sure if it ever really was sore, or if I was just obsessing over it too much.

The weird thing is now that the buzzing seems to be leaving my penis, I feel it occassionally in other areas.  not as much as when it was in my penis, but just for a few seconds or a couple minutes, then goes away.  This usually happens in my right jawline (just under my ear), or in my right elbow or on the top of my left foot.  These sensations do not last as long as they did in my penis, and are generally less concerning to me.

I have another followup with my family doctor on monday, and if my symptoms comtinue their decline, I may just decide to be done with it.  I mentioned before that bowing my head and bending forward could make the vibrations start (that hasn't worked these past couple days).  I have been able to find that that sounds a little like "L'Hermitte's sign", which can be a marker for Multiple Sclerosis, along with other conditions, and sometimes no cause can be found at all.  So for now, I am not too concerned about it because I don't have any other MS symptoms, but since it is part of the research we all seem to be doing, I thought I might throw it in.

And I am happy to report I have not had to add sex to the list of things that I have to avoid now.  I have had sex twice in the last 3 days, and it does not seem to be having any effect on the buzzing at all (it has helped tremendously to have a wife who is caring and supportive).  I have also been wearing briefs instead of boxers lately because I feel that the less I am flopping around, the less opportunity I have to stimulate whatever is inside their that starts buzzing.

But more than anything else, I have to say the best advice I can offer is to just do your best to keep your mind off of it.  This is the only thing I have found that seemed to make the buzzing decrease.  Find activities to consume your attention.  I would say check with you doctor, and do all you can there, but aside from that, just live your life as normal.  For me, the obsessing has been the worst part about it, and I think I have needlessly worried myself into other symptoms, causing even more alarm.  As long as everything continues to work, just accept it and keep your mind off of it.  Continue your daily routine, and don't let it stop you from doing something you otherwise would have done.  I have also made a conscious effort to stop my obsessive researching about it, as it seems everything I read about, I think I have.  And if I read about someone's symptom that is different from mine, tomorrow I will have their symptoms too.  I think I have decided to let the doctors be the doctors, and just keep my nose out of it for awhile.

But of course, I will continue to keep you guys updated, and I hope you will do the same.  I know when this started for me, I just wanted to hear from anyone who had gone through it, if for nothing else than to just tell me that it does get better and give me an idea of how long I would have to wait.
I am so relieved to have found this post. I am not sure if this will help anyone else, but I have had the same vibration, lasts 2-3 seconds every couple of minutes. It started when I got home from a long (2500 mile) motorcycle trip. I have ridden longer distances before and never noticed it. I am sure it is related as there are no new events in my life. I am 50, pretty healthy, do take prostate vitamins every day for last 2 years. My vibration fells like it is at the base of the penis, but also the testicals. I would say it is a faint feeling, more annoying than anything else, like a faint cell phone vibration muffled through clothing. I also only notice it when sitting at the computer. I guess it is related to sitting on a vibrating Harley for 5 days, and am guessing it will go away, it is VERY strange to say the least, thanks Frank
Was so glad I came across this forum. I have been experiencing the exact same thing. Made me freak completely. It started a few weeks ago and lasted for about a week and then went away for two weeks. Now it
It has been a few days since I have posted, so I thought I might give an update for those who might be dealing with the same thing and wondering what they might expect.  Today marks 6 weeks since I first noticed the buzzing.  In my last post I mentioned that I had been without buzzing for 3 days.  Today, I must report that the buzzing does not seem to be completely gone yet.  I still notice it (usually very faintly) on rare occassions a few times a day (probably few enough to count on one hand), but they tend to be isolated and short lived instead of a constant irritation as they were in the beginning.  They also seem to be getting better with each passing day.  Some days I don't notice them at all.  Exercise seems to be able to trigger the vibrations, but they go away soon after ceasing exercising.  I continue to be experiencing full function in terms of sexual performance, urination, etc., and have noticed no decline in any abilities whatsoever.

I had my last scheduled appointment with my urologist, who thinks the issue is probably neurological, and although he does not think it is serious at all, has suggested if it gets worse that a neuro consult and MRI may be in order.  But since my symptoms have been getting much better, I am going to hold off on seeking any further treatment unless it starts getting worse again.  As it stands right now, I am content with my progress, and really feeling no real anxiety anymore, and I think that is really the key to dealing with this minor annoyance.

Well that is all I have for now...  I will try to continue to keep everyone posted...  Take care!
Just an update on myself.  The vibration has mostly subsided, but there are times when it comes back with a vengence.  I can't pinpoint what may bring it back, but sometimes just laying in bed at a particular angle or getting up suddenly from my desk chair will bring it on.

I work out everyday for 30 minutes on stationary bike and sit at my computer/chair desk for most of the day.  Although my xray showed a perfect lower spine, this sitting/positioning does seem to be the common occurence on this thread.

I guess we'll all keep posting until someone's doctor/specialist has a definitive answer.

Keep posting-on.
I've had this same issue in the past few weeks. Glad to see this thread.

Info on me: 34, Austin, TX, good health, no STDs ever, my fiancee is my only sexual partner.

Just had a very detailed physical exam a couple of months ago. Clean bill of health.

The sensation started a few weeks ago. Also thought my cell phone was vibrating in my pocket - actually reached into an empty pocket.

I also notice several people have mentioned antibiotics - I went on Doxycycline for a short period prior to this manifesting. Perhaps a link?

I may go to a doc to just be sure. Will let you know if I come up with anything different.
It's been about 3+ weeks now and still not vibration free. I did have a week or so period where the symptoms seemed to be less intense and frequent. I originally thought this was do to the prescription meds I was on but now am thinking it has something to do with sitting for long periods of time. I have been a Harley rider for years and also have been spending hours sitting in front of a computor at work. I think that the constant pressure on lower spine etc... may be causing a neurological problem. I am not a MD nor have I been advised by a MD that this could be the problem, simply just an observation. If there are any Doctors out there that could help explain this condition/symptoms we are having please comment.

Well my penis buzzing seems to be following the same course as concernedperson3.  It is less severe than before, and not usually constant anymore, but I will still feel it if I move a certain way or flex too much at the hip.  It also has shown that it can come back at full force sometimes, but so far has not lasted much longer than a day doing that.  Also, my L'Hermitte sign which I mentioned earlier (a feeling of electricity pulsing through extremities when bending the neck forward) does not trigger the penis buzzing as much anymore.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that i have now started feeling the buzzing sensation in my feet as well.  And bending my head forward triggers the buzzing in my feet more than in my penis now.  I decided to go ahead and set up an appointment with a neurologist.  My appointment is this Monday (9.18.06).  I will keep you all posted.

Since we are all trying to find a common link, I thought I would mention cell phones.  What are you all using?  Mine is a Sanyo 8300 through Sprint.  Has anyone considered a link there?
Hey guys, I've got some similar symptoms that occured about a week ago following sex.  At the time I was pressing against my gf, however there was no popping/excruciating pain or loss of sexual function.  Most of the time I don't even notice it, but occasionally I'll touch just the right spot to feel it.  It bascially feels numb/sensitive (kinda tingly I guess) but just in one spot.  Do you guys feel it all through your penis or concentrated in one small spot?  For me its just under the head.  As some of you have mentioned, I also work with computers and spend a lot of time sitting down, but it seems strange that it would be focused in one spot if that was part of the cause.  Any help or suggestions u could give me would be greatly appreciated as the only info I can find for penile injuries is penile fracture which I'm sure its not, and I'm unable to see a doctor at the moment.
Hi, I'm a 31 year old male, I live in Central New Jersey, I have asthma and hypothyroidism.  I ride my bicycle and lift weights.  I have been experiencing a buzzing sensation in my penis the last week and a half.  I have SO glad to have found this site!  Thanks go out to everyone who have posted here and I have very happy with the guys who posted their doctor evaluations here because that helps calm me down.  I have been under some stress the last few weeks, but I'm not sure if that started it because I've been under stress, worse stress, in the past, like when I thought I may have had Thyroid Cancer but it came back malignant.  I have a feeling it might be from masterbation (masturbation), but if that was the case I should have had this a long time ago.  I have been having faint vibrations down there for a while, but they were so subtle as to not warrant much attention but over the last two weeks they have been bad.  Sometimes it feels like I'm peeing my pants but nothing is coming out.  I have going to my doctor tomorrow and I have a feeling I am going to tread the path taken by the other guys here but I'll have to see what happens.  Keep posting!  Everyone!
hey, I had a thought today...  Could this perhaps be related to Aspartame consumption?  I remember reading awhile back that a lot of people were blaming Aspartame (found in sweetner substitutes) for a wide range of symptoms, especially neurological symptoms.  I myself drink a lot of Diet Dr Pepper, which contains Aspartame (I have decided to try getting off the diet drinks for awhile to see what happens).

Anyone else consume a lot of diet soft drinks or foods with sugar substitutes, particularly those containing Aspartame?  The weirdest thing to me about this whole thing is how no one seems to have heard or know anything about it, but it happened to so many of us around the same time.  With this amount of prevalence, there should be some knowledge out there somewhere about it.
I consume alot of Diet Coke and Fresca (4-8 12 oz cans) on a daily basis. Both contain Aspartame. Im sure I consume other products containing aspartame as well.The concerns of consuming products containing aspartame have been brought to my attention, however I ignored them. This may have something to do with our condition. I will also stop drinking and eating products with aspartame and see if my condition changes. I will say that I have been drinking these product for years and am curious as to why  this would be happening now. Thank for all the posts. Still wondering if there are any Physicians out there that could help clairify/diagnose our condition.
I went to the doctor yesterday and he put me on doxycycline for ten days to see if my condition improves.  Signs are pointing towards an infection, but from what?  I didn't do anything out of the ordinary before this stuff happend, nothing that I'm aware of.  I have no sores and my penis looks like a normal healthy unit.  The vibration/convulsing feeling seems confinded to the bottom of the tip of the penis near the urethra now.  I may have gotten something in there but I don't know what.  It doesn't hurt to pee either.  The only wierd thing going on health-wise is that feeling down there.  It does feel like it is SLOWLY getting better.  I'll have to see if the antibiotics work to speed up the healing process.

I'm not sure if aspartame is to blame here.  Aspartame is an amino acid and those people with an allergy to it must be careful not to consume it.  I used to drink lots of diet soda but have cut back over the past month and a half or so, that was before these symptoms started happening.  But I'd say give it a shot, give them up for a while and see what happens.

Does anyone here use any sort of cream or ointment down there on a regular basis?  Maybe that is to blame.  I think I might be allergic to KY lubricant because I remember months ago I used it down there and I think some of it went into my urethra and it burned for a little more than a day.  When I urinated it seemed to help clear it out.  But now the vibrations and strange burning pain felt around the tip of the penis gets worse after I ****, but it doesn't hurt WHILE I ****.  I wish a doctor who knows what is going on would find this site.  I told my doc about it.

I am glad to find this thread.  I felt the same symptoms (buzzing similar to a cell phone in vibrating mode in my penis) for the first time sometime this week
I hope some of the guys who were on this forum come back soon to give us an update.  I've been on the doxycycline for a few days now and the vibrations and some sharp pains (almost like a needle touching your skin) have eased off.  They seem to be getting better each day.  Maybe it was in infection?  I checked inside my urethral opening and noticed a small cut on the inside and it looked like some liquid (possibly blood) coming from it.  I do realize that I didn't start feeling this until I had some intimacy with my girlfriend so I think it stems from that.  Maybe it was infected at one point and now the antibiotics seems to be taking care of it.  I got tested for Genital Herpes a few weeks ago and it came back negative.  I'm going for a followup a few more months to see if it the number stay the same.  I'm sure they will, I haven't had any symptoms of that.  I always wash up and pee when I'm done having sex too.  I don't have any burning feelings or obstructions when I pee so I know it isn't genital herpes.  I'll keep everyone updating!  Keep posting!
Well my visit to the Neurologist went about like expected.  No answers, other than he feels certain it is nothing serious.  No MS, cancer, etc.  He did all kinds of reflex, sensory tests, and everything came back completely normal.  He said we could spend all the money in the world and perform all the tests known to neurology and it will still not lead to an answer.  Basically, that neurology is not a perfect science, and is not advanced enough to be able to track down something like this; the best we can do is rule out the major known conditions, and he feels we have done that.  So unfortunately, I am no closer to knowing what is causing it or how long it will last.  He compared the nervous system to an extremely complex system of electrical wiring and said it isn't uncommon for some "static" to develop every once in awhile.  My symptoms are still there (today is the 8 week mark), but are not usually as frequent or prominent as in the beginning.

I have also been having other, probably unrelated issues (digestion problems and weight loss), which along with the buzzing and some life and career issues have been sending my anxiety levels through the roof.  The neuro feels strongly that the anxiety contributes to the buzzing, which in turn raises anxiety, and creates a sort of spiral effect.  If things don't calm down soon, I may have to start taking something for anxiety.

Will keep you all posted, and everyone else, please continue to do the same.
The symptoms are still there but it seems to gradually ease off each day.  Today they came back a little bit, more slight pain and a continuous low order vibrating today.  Maybe it's somewhat mental because when I'm not thinking about it I don't notice it.  I do know something is wrong down there so I do think about it.  I'm going to see a urologist in the next couple weeks.  I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.  I seem to be going down the path of stillcurious but I'll keep posting none the less.

Not sure if I should post here, seeing as I am female, but I am experiencing a similar problem and found no where else to discuss it.  I am a female, age 43 and have been feeling a vibrating sensation in the groin or pelvic area, for quite some time, off and on.  I was beginning to think that I was going crazy.  I am so glad to hear that there are other people out there going through the same thing.  
  I first noticed this when I was at the store, and I thought my cell phone was going off in my purse when my purse bumped up against me (needless to say, it wasn't).  The feeling was that of a constant vibration that felt like an internal organ was vibrating.  Sounds crazy...but that is what it feels like.  It goes away sometimes, but comes back.  Currently I notice it mostly at night when I lay down.  I do sit at a desk all day, working at the computer.  I don't ride a bike or motorcycle, and I don't take any vitamins.
  I mentioned it to my doctor, but no ideas, tests or answers.  This has been going on for several months, possibly a year.  I have high blood pressure, and seasonal allergies.  I take Zyrtec daily for my allergies, and have just started on a high blood pressure med.  I don't take any other meds.
  I know I'm not crazy...so what the heck is this vibration?!
Thanks for posting, similarproblem.  I think we all feel your frustration, as it seems there are plenty of us that are feeling the same thing. The mystery it seems to me, is that the only people who dont know what we are talking about are the medical professionals that should know the most.  Anyway, I am sorry to hear of your experience.  From what you have said, you have probably been dealing with it longer than any of us.  I get some anxiety sometimes when I feel like this is never going to go away and I start wondering what kind of effect it will have on my life.

I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say as far as coping and dealing with it.  I find myself not wanting to move, think, or do anything when I am experiencing the buzzing, and anything I do, whether it is performing my job at work or having a conversation with my wife, ends up being a forced effort on my part with my attention divided to say the least (although I feel like I have been getting better about this lately).  Of course with us guys, we have the added dimension of this being an area that is already prone to performance-anxiety (if you know what I mean), so that will be something that I would imagine would make a fairly big difference in our perspectives.  Also, I have read that pregnancy/childbirth can sometimes damage perineal and pudendal nerves, but they usually heal in the months after delivery.  Have you perhaps given birth recently?

As for myself, I have good days and bad.  Sometimes it feels like it is going away, and then it can return with all the fury of when it first started.  Tomorrow will be 9 weeks since onset.

Anyway, I thought I would share another thought that I had.  I have been considering lately that this is related to pressure on the perineum.  I had not been willing to buy into this theory previously because I rarely ride a bike (I had been riding 2 days before onset of symptoms), and I don't really do much that puts pressure on my perineum.  Or at least that's what I thought.  But a few days ago, a certain habit that I have occured to me.  Awhile back, I had problems going to the bathroom (#2), and eventually realized that if I push upward on my perineum, I could better align things down there to push things out easier.  This eventually became a normal part of defecation for me.  I had forgotten that I even do this until a few days ago when I was pressing up on my perineum once again, and suddenly felt the familiar buzzing, which made me think there might be a link.

Subsequent research verified that the perineal nerves innervate (supply nerves to) the ventral penis, which is where my buzzing was coming from.  I even found an article where researchers found that when they would stimulate the nerves in the perineum they could sometimes get a response from the ventral penis... kinda like referred pain.  So I think I may have compressed or irritated some nerves in my perineum, and not knowing what was causing it, I may have been re-aggravating it this whole time.

So the question now is: if my thoughts are correct, will my breaking that habit cease the buzzing?  It may take awhile to know, since it can take weeks to months for nerves to heal from such an injury.  Also, a couple people I have read about seem to have been dealing with this on a long-term basis (a year or more).  Are they possibly involved in activities like me that seem harmless as well, but are unwittingly reinjuring themselves repeatedly?

As always, there are more questions than answers, but hopefully if we keep asking questions and sharing our experiences, some answers will come.
Last week, after a bike ride and yoga class I too noticed a vibration feeling in the groin area.  Directly between the two functinal areas.  When it occurs, it happens every 3 -10 seconds and lasts 1 - 2 seconds.  Sounds simailar to those previously described.  It's not at all painful, just a little annoying.  Sounds like what is described previoulsy.  Any thought, comments or ideas would be appreciated.

Peter
Any word yet?
Hello all.

Has anyone noticed that these 'vibration' symptoms all seemed to start; with some exceptions, on or around July and August of 2006 ???

My symptoms started about 4 weeks ago.  I'm a 58 year old male, in good health.

I was wondering if there might be some sort of common causality here.  I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out if I'm doing anything physically different, or eating something different, to no avail.

The only thing I can come up with is that about a month ago I started to use Benzoyl Peroxide in an ointment.  Has anyone else been using this ???
Hey all... I'm glad to see I'm not alone. This vibration started a couple nights ago for me. It's exactly what you all are explaining. It gets kind of annoying.
It seems like it's happening to a lot of people recently and through all ages. Kind of strange. I figure since it's only been going on for a few days, I'll wait a while and see what happens. Hopefully it goes away.

Also, I'm a healthy guy, I eat right, excercise, etc. But I do spend a lot of my time sitting in front of a computer since I'm currently in college to get my AS in Network Administration.
Like somebody else said, maybe it has something to do with sitting a lot?

By the way, I'm almost 18.
Hi Everyone,  I'd like to add my experience. I'm a 40 yrs old.  I've got the intermittent vibrating sensation on the tip/head of my penis. Like others, I sit at a computer quite a bit .. and notice it more when I'm sitting at the computer chair. I also have began exercising on a recumbent bike for 30 min intervals every 2nd/3rd day and just changed my eating habits.  

I suspect it might have something to do with the nerves since all of the "usual suspects" have been eliminated by everyone else in the thread. Maybe the constant rubbing from underwear on the tip when riding the bike damaged some nerves?? This started about 4 days ago and I'll be going to the Doctor to run through the medical steps. I'll update as I know more.
After 1 week the sensation has totally stopped.  No residual issues at all.  Hopefully this continues.

Thanks to all and good luck!

Peter
Guys,

I'm 37, in decent shape, no STDs and have had an intermittent twitching (or buzzing) going on for about 6 weeks now.  Having read through all the posts there are a few things I have in common with someone of you:

- I sit at a desk all day every day but have been doing this for 8   years + / -.
- I was diagnosed with prostatitis and treated with some form of antibiotic about 6 weeks before the twitching started
- I started taking a Zinc supplement about 6 weeks ago

I am going to make an appointment with a urologist but, looking at the similarities, the only thing I'm doing differently than before it started, which most of us have in common, is the Zinc!

I'm going to stop taking it for the weekend and will report back Monday.

Take care

Hi all,

This started about a month ago (today sept06). I was stung by an hornet mid august (last month) about 2cm from my groin. I was treated by a doctor within 2 hours as after being stung I came out with  rash all over my body. I am hoping to see my doctor monday 02 oct06. Thanks for all your comments.
I am having the same "cellphone vibration" sensation everyone else is describing. It has been alsost three weeks now. I'm pretty sure it is somewhat related to my lower back because it acts up more when I sit in certain postions too long, stand and walk too suddenly, or experience high levels of stress.
It is difficult to trace the cause, but I did help set up a banquet hall, moving many tables and chairs, right around the time it began.
As of yesterday I started taking magnesium pills and eating bananas as this is what the doctor recommended to ease my wife's menstual-related muscles spasms. I will let you know if it helps.
"I suspect it might have something to do with the nerves since all of the "usual suspects" have been eliminated by everyone else in the thread. Maybe the constant rubbing from underwear on the tip when riding the bike damaged some nerves?? This started about 4 days ago and I'll be going to the Doctor to run through the medical steps. I'll update as I know more."

update - -

This sensation has pretty much disappeared for me after having it for 1 week. I stopped riding the bike and didn't sit at the computer for longer than 20 mins at a time the last couple of days.

So that you know, I too had that going for a while, starting about 8 months ago, February-March timeframe. I too am a computer engineer, sit in front of my computer 10 hours a day, and on weekends I was doing a lot of reserach and/or computer based training. In addition, I do a lot of driving back and forth to and from work, about 3 or 4 hours a day. I was taking the same vitamins people talked about, multi-vitamins, but I stopped taking those. I also went to see my family doctor, then a Urologist and found no STD's. I must say that I have been vibration-free for about 3 months now, and about the only thing that changed, aside from stop taking the vitamins, is that I took on another job, where I hardly ever drive, and do not sit in front of a computer nearly as much, maybe a few hours a day and on weekends I do a little more walking and exercising. I hope this helps guys - thanks for all of your postings.
Thank you similarproblem for posting! I am so grateful to have found your post! Believe it or not, I am ALSO a 43 year old female & have been experiencing this weird buzzing, vibrating feeling for about a week now ~ off and on and with no logical explanation. I do not carry a cell phone at all. I thought yesterday that it seemed to happen when I picked up my cordless phone, and then stopped when I put it down. But it's happened frequently since then without a phone in hand, etc etc. So that may have been coincidence? It happens very frequently throughout the day - but I can't seem to find a common denominator. Happens moreso, I find, when I am walking & then stop - that's when I'll feel it & it subsides within seconds. What the heck!!!!??? I guess we can find relief in knowing it happens to others - but I'm sure you'll agree that it would be nice to know WHY it's happening, what's causing it & how does one make it GO AWAY!? Very weird. Like a tiny electrical current. I am on the computer many hours a day, exercise very little but active with 2 kids, no vitamins. I did just start Zoloft about 2 weeks ago. Personally, I highly doubt this med has anything to do with this weird feeling, especially if none of the posters seem to be on antidep's. If you could email me, similarproblem, I would LOVE to keep in touch and see if you, we or ANYONE comes up with any solutions. At the very least, thank you for sharing! michelle :-)
After three days taking 250 mg of magnesium oxide and eating a banana with each meal, I experienced my first vibration-free day in three weeks. However, my lower back is still causing me periodic bouts of discomfort.
As I had mentioned in my first post, my wife's doctor recommended magnesium and bananas(potassium) for her menstrual-related muscle spasms. I did some research on my own and found that some doctors also recommend magnesium for back pain and muscle spasms. As I understand, magnesium and potassium are natural muscle relaxants. So far the combination has seemed to help in my case. I have not had the vibrating sensation for almost two days. My lower back pain has eased up somewhat too.
what prompted you to take magnesium oxide and eat bananas?
I just started experiencing this condition about a week ago. I found this forum (and started eating bananas) yesterday. I'm 30. I am not on any drugs. I take a centrum one-a-day vitamin very occasionally. I sit at a computer all day. My only workout (aside from subwaycarrying around my seven month old baby girl)is a 13 block walk to the subway each morning and evening.
I started having this vibration symptom about 3 days ago. Like everyone says, it is not painful, just annoying.

I am 42, recently married, and I have been having trouble keeping up with my wife in the sack, so I started taking Centrum One-a-Day about 2 weeks ago because a close friend told me to take lead, zinc, and selenium and it would "put lead in my pencil"...

Centrum has all of these.

I am a computer admin but I do not think that has anything to do with it because I have had the same job for 14 years.

I also recently started exercising again, but I don't think that is it because I was exercising a lot a few months ago and had no tingle/vibration then.

I recently started drinking more Dr Pepper than I used to because I thought it would be ok since I am getting so much more exercise now. ( I used to drink a LOT of Dr Pepper and never had this symptom then either)

So I think it is the Centrum, it is the only thing I have started recently that I have never done before..(well, besides the sex 2-3 times a day every day)(ha ha)

I am going to stop taking the centrum , keep exercising and drinking DP and see if it goes away.
I am so glad to have found this forum.  Just to seek clarification, the buzzing feeling feels like there is a factory down there.  Slight vbration in the penis correct?  I just started experiencing this 2 weeks ago, but I have been under a lot of stress, so i am hoping that is the cuase. Please reply.
Same vibrating symptoms generally. Frequency picked up just a week ago after nearly a year or more of not vibrating.

About three years ago the female advice "nurse/screener" howled and probably fell on the floor with the other advisors when I described what seemed to be a vibrator in my penis. . It comes and goes, standing or sitting  and my primary care phys is calling it possible bladder muscle related. I believe its either back pain or the path of sperm regeneration related as uneducated guesses. I walk 45 minutes daily after 30 minutes stretching and walk and stand most of my busy days.No sexual dysfunction to speak of at 50 y.o. Back strains  are common yet not debilitating for someone that does much more physical work daily than the average American.

My chiropractor seems to have aggravated my lower back on the last few visits (one about a week ago and may be contributing to this condition.)  I'm considering not going for a couple of months since stretching and walking are knocking down strees significantly and relieving most day to day pain(s).

Yep I've had prostate testing, etc and nada. Will probably call the prime phys and ask for urology to give me a friendly call  me since nothing seems to hit as an exact diagnosis or treatment. There may be something being talked about in the urological professional realm now that it seems to be a growing complaint.

Does anyone know how to post this forum to major research hospitals/ individuals? Maybe there's another discussion going on.
Hello all.

I love the internet.  I have started having these sensations about 2 days ago.  It is driving me nut.  It is the slight vibration of a cell phone that is about 1.5 sec in duration and occures about every 3 10 seconds and will go on for hours at a time. There is no pain at all  and the vibration are seem to be located in or around the head of the penis and to the underside.  I am a 44 year old male in decent health.  I weight lift 4 to 5 days a week and have recently lost 23 lbs.  I drink about 1.5 cans of diet soda a day and take One A Day Weight Smart vitamins.  I sit a me desk about 2 hours a day but other than that am active.  I did notice a couple of months ago that I had these sensation in my right thigh.  They were much less frequent and seems to go away on there own.  I do go to a chiropractor about once a month.   She has really helped much of the lower back pain that I had.  That pain was in the lower back buy just off to the left side.  All x rays showed everything aokay.  I will update with any new symptoms and or remidies.
Nice to here this maybe comman.  I to have the 1-3 sec vibration on the left side of my penis.  They sensations repeats itself about every 10 sec.  I am on high blood pressure and heart medication.. I am 38 years old and semi active, started running a month or so ago.  I do take a form of Viagra when needed from time to time and noticed this after the last time I took a pill.  I am reassured that this does not seem t be serious and I will let it buzz away until when or if it stops but I can see how it will be annoying.  

As other who have posted before I do sit at the computer 10 plus hours a day.
I started having the vibration sensations yesterday in the tip of the penis. Initially is was only a couple times yesterday. Today they have increased to a constant sensation that last 1 to 2 seconds and repeats every 10 to 15 seconds.  I do recall having these sensations over the past couple of years but it happened only a couple times and stopped. I have become concerned now because it hasn't stopped. There is no pain but it is very annoying, to the point where I have to get up to move around to mask the sensation.

I am 42 years old in good shape and have been in the military for 22 years. Semi active and work out couple times a week. I do have knee (had a few injections) and lower back issues that have progressed over the last 15 years. Do not normally take pain meds. I do see a chiropractor once a week for a numbness in my middle right back below my shoulder blade that started about 3 months ago. The only recent issue is that I had my appendix removed two weeks ago, and have had no problems with the recovery.

Do have a lot of stress. No sexual dysfunctions. Prostrate is o.k. ( father has prostrate cancer so i get checked yearly)

Rather weird condition and thought I would post a comment.
This is a relief to see I am not the only person who is experiencing this unusal vibrating sensation. I am 29 years old and the symtoms (symptoms) started about 2 weeks ago. It started while lying on the couch while watching TV. It feels just like a cell phone on vibration as described above in previous posts. It was rather bothersome the first night as the vibrations pulsated into the tip of my penis almost in rythm with my heart beat. The pulsating lasted for about 5 mins and I would seem to experice the sensation when ever I would move or bend in a certain position. It also seemed to happen when I took in a deep breath. The following day the vibrating sensation was at random times throught the day again being more noticable when moving or taking a deep breath. Over the past week the vibrating has decreased, yet I still experience it every once and awhile.

I have had another symptom since I first noticed the vibrating. The new symtom is the urge to urinate. I have been urinating much more frequently than normal. I went to the walk in clinic a week ago because of the vibrating and the frequent urinating. The doctor checked my prostrate (o.k), checked my urine for bacteria (o.k.), checked my blood sugar (o.k) and felt and looked at my genital and lower adominal (abdominal) area (o.k). He had no explination for the sudden frequent urination and vibrating in the penis. He especially could not pinpoint a cause for the vibrating sensation.

Last Friday I followed up with my primary care physican and once again I had the same diagnosis. No explanation for the vibration or frequent urination. He has suggested I see a urologist. I am planning on visting the urologist this week as the frequent urination has not diminished however, the vibrating sensation has reduced in its frequency. I will post any findings after my urologist visit.    
please ask yourselves, do I masterbate or have sex more than one should? I have read all the posts and I mean ALL THE POSTS, it seems there is no explaination other than masterbating (masturbating)/sex to much, maybe some nerve damage??
ok, went to doc's office and urologist, found NOTHING wrong, it's driving my crazy. you would think with todays medical advances they could figure something out!!  still have the same buzzing/vibration/sensation in the tip, good luck everybody! hope SOMEBODY can get this **** figured out
I have had this same buzzing sensation in the upper portion of my penis.  After reading the thread so far, here are some personal facts that seem to correlate to many of the posters:

- Age:  43
- Activities:  sitting at computer most/all day
- Exercise:   lots of biking.  I ride between 50-150 miles a week on a road bike
- Health:  healthy, active, no STDs, last blood work looked fine
- Stress:  recent increase in stress (wife's health, my job) that would be worse if not for my increased riding, which seems to help balance it all out for the most part.
- Length of sensation:  1-6 seconds or so.  Can get it to happen by bending way down while sitting.
- diet drinks (aspertame):  an obscene amount of Diet Coke each day.  (Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, evening)  (though, I'm fine with drinking caffeine-free, so there are times when I have no caffeine for long periods of time, since I don't drink tea or coffee).
- sex:  buzzing doesn't affect in any way.  

Strange, and will monitor and report from time to time.
Damn Alien Probes, sending signals through vibratory oscillations using the penis as an antenna, when will it ever end?

On a serious note I have also had these same sensations, and until now thought it might just be residual nerve damage.
Well, nice to know I'm not alone.  45 years old, good health.  Started out of the blue a few weeks ago and has been pretty constant.  Annoying, but feel fine otherwise.  Hope someone can shed some light on this problem soon!
About 2 weeks ago while I was urinating i felt what could be described as a ping or twitch.  Immediately my pennis started with the vibrations. Same symptoms as most have written.  Feels like a cell phone, last for seconds, then repeats for about an hour. No pain in urinating, no loss of sexual function, just annoying.  I've noticed that it happens, without exception,  after I shower, and lasts for about an hour afterwards.
I believe that it was some sort of strain from urinating. Also the fact that temperature changes from the shower exaggerate it, lead me to believe it is muscle related.  Certain body positions seem to help or make worse, and applying pressure to the groin area sometimes helps subdue the vibrations.
I'm 31 yr old male.
Avid mountain biker
Avid motorcycle rider
Quite active
Pretty sure I have a hernia as well, not sure if the two are related.  I will update as I have new experiences.  I'm keeping a close watch on what triggers, subdues,  or just in general if anything helps.  I'm so glad to find this thread, my girlfriend thought I was insane when I told her about my symptoms, and am sure most doctors would dismiss it , as it seems "phantomish".  Happy that I'm not alone.
I'm 45, have posted before, same as all of you, have been taking Cipro for about a week now and vibrations are still there but are not as bad as they were, still last about 7 to 9 seconds about every 30 seconds or so, I ride a motorcycle about everyday and my sensations started about 2 weeks after a 600 mile trip on the bike.  As far as if anything helps the feeling/vibration, if I want to keep my hand on my **** all damn day, that works but other than that, nothing helps. I am continueing with the cipro for another 3 weeks and will be checking back in.
I found this forum last week. I'd like to say having this forum does make me feel better, but I'm still freaked out. It started of an on about a month ago would be my best guess. But sins last night it's become rather persistent and almost rhythmic.

It's like someone has hit a tuning fork a every 15 seconds or so holds it against my penis for a period of 3 seconds. It's driving me nuts and it's hard to concentrate!!!

I have a desk-job and while I used to be an avid cyclist I haven't ridden in many many years.

I'm off to the doctor, the only thing I've found is the possibility of Prostatitis.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Urology-Male-issues-989/Vibrating-Senastion-Penis.htm

I'll let you guys know.
please check out this link, , this guy may have something here! at this point I'm ready to try Anything!
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/183898
Hi all.  Longtime lurker on this thread but I finally decided to add in my own experience to the thread.  I've had the same buzzing issue you've all described for the last ten years or so.  Unfortunately, it has resulted in the almost total lack of sexual sensation and sense when it's time to urinate or deficate.  I've done just about every test there is and the only thing found is a problem in my lower lumbar disk that the neuro said couldn't be the problem.  I'd given up on searching for an answer for the last five years but am getting concern at the gradual sensation loss.  I'm about ready to do the doctor route again, but I don't really know who the best choice to go to is, urologist was no help and neither was neurologist.  Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
I have had the same problem recently same common factors as most of the posts:

1. started uping my zinc in take and take One a day...zinc has an influence in sperm production in the testicles

2. lower back problems, mainly left side

3. alot lot of sitting recently

I put more credence on the Zink or vitamins though
Thnaks for all the posts
im also picking up penis vibrations. the vibrations have been going on for a month or so. i am in my early 40's.
the only thing i have done differently is that i have not worked out in a few months. i have no pain, in fact i think my penis is working better than ever
how many have had this condition prior to being diagnosed with  Peyronie's Disease either in a small form or severe form, i told my doc i would ask on this fourm,
yo im 17 ..18 soon and i thought i was da only guy ever to experience it but im sure no one has had it like this lol. well i was at my girls n she was sittin on top o me n we was talking about general stuff but then u know us guys. ur mind wonders off sometimes lol thinkin about what u could do in dat position n b4 u know it mr happy is awake but it was up for time. then came the odd vibrations i thought it was ma phone, but it was on da floor. hmm maybe its her phone...nooo on da floor as well. DID i **** ma self...HELL NO...W8 is she pissin on me..nope thank god lol. then i just kept quiet hoping it was just me. then she stops talkin and asks what is dat. i said I DUNNO lol then we both freaked out lol. u got da message. the thing is WHY DA HELL DID IT DO DAT
Hi there, just came across this forum and in the nick of time too (it was driving me crazy!)  Yes it seems that I too have the same vibrating sensations in my penis.  Quick intro; I'm just turned 27, and work with computers so am sat at a desk for 8hrs a day.  I walk to and from work and lift weights 2 times a wk.  My diet is pretty ordinary, dont drink to excess and try and stay away from fizzy drinks!  

This is the second day I have had this sensation now and it was beginning to freak me out, I was stressing at how I would describe it to my doctor??? But it's comforting to know that i'm not the only one that is experiencing this!!!  

I dont take multi-vitamins, but had been prescribed omeprazole for my stomach which i recently stopped taking ( maybe thats whats caused it) but I doubt thats the cause.
Something 'stillcurious' posted on 24th Sept 06 about pushing to pee? I never really noticed I was, but now I think of it I do normally strain a little to pee, so will start my own little experiments and keep you posted!  

Thanks for all the posts
I've got pretty much the same symptoms as everyone else that has posted, now for a few days.  It comes and goes during the day, and is kind of like my cell phone, on for a few seconds, then off for a few seconds.  I first thought it might be related to my kidney draining into my bladder, but I haven't found anything in the Internet that supports that Idea.  What I've heard in this discussion group that I hadn't thought of is some kind of nerve problem, and no one has indicated anything serious.

I've carried a cell phone set to vibrate for many years, usually on my hip or in my pocket.  For years, I've been getting phantom vibrations, usually more mild than my cell phone, but very close in sensatin.  It only last for a few seconds, or is so mild I may not even be sure, but I'm oftening having to reach for my cell phone to make sure that it is not vibrating.  This new vibration is persistent and fairly obvious, and I don't recall every having it before.  It is above the base of my penis and if I press in on that area and inch or two, it goes away..

Anyway, I'm tempted to get a highly sensitive microphone and see if I can pick it up directly.  That would confirm a physical phenomenia.  My guess is it is real, and it is something akin to a twitch.  I must say, after reading all of your posts, I now have very little concern that it is serious.  For me, it is just annoying, and only mildly so.

If I can find a way to do amicrophone test, I'll post my results.

Thanks all
same symptoms... but not nearly as strong as a cell phone vibration.  I recently ran out of my multivitamin and that is coincidentally when I noticed it.  Someone above had mentioned that as well.  Im 33, in good health and no STDs or other illnesses.  
I have had this buzzing sensation since August 2006 since I switched cell phone models and it is slowly making its way up to my brain. Likely this is caused by the use of a head set instead of the belt pocket version. I have just strapped the phone around my left ankle and will keep track of any sensation in my lower left leg. I am a healthy amputee with a history of phantom pain.
Wow.. funny to find this site. I first experinced this three nights ago and like everyone, thought it was my cellphone. I do keep mine in my pocket so maybe there is some connection.  I noticed it for past two nights when i tried to masturbate (yeah, no big sex life right now..lol).  Then today at work when I inadvertently got hard!  I'm 50, do have slight enlarged prostate (which I take flomax for but am not very compliant with it) am in pretty good shape and health.  I did notice that orgasm felt weird and not as strong as usual.  Hope its not being of the end for my sex life! (what little of it is there)
I've experienced the same thing over the past week.  It seems as though someone is flipping on an off a light switch.  No external vibrations.  On for a second, off for five. Over the past two days, the intensity seemed to lessen as did the frequency.  I was hoping it was clearing itself up. Woke up this morning, it's back...

Going to both the Chiropractor and PCP - hopefully between the two of them, I can find a remedy.

This is driving me nuts, and I'm having trouble sleeping.
Wow - there's an article on yahoo about phantom vibrations in the body due to cell phone usage.  Pretty relevant to this topic I think.  They don't discuss any penis problems in the article, of course.  

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071010/ap_on_hi_te/phantom_vibrations
i've been having the same problems over the last few days:  a pulsing vibration at the very tip of my penis.  its so annoying because i can feel it all day.  i keep my cell phone in my left pocket.  is that an issue?  i guess i dont have to worry since all of you seem to have it, but i'm only in my mid-20s.  if i have to deal with this for the rest of my life, ill go crazy!
I too am having a vibrating sensation at the base of my penis - although I'd describe it more as a gurgling feelin. It lasts very briefly, a second or so, almost in 'spurts'. The episodes lasts a few minutes usually. I am a healthy, sexually active, 22 yr old student who spends 10+ hours on the computer a day. I feel it mostly when sitting, I've noticed it after sex also.
Hey, Thank You Guys!

man, this was making me crazy.  I described it exactly the same (like a cell phone vibration)... I drive a lot so I used to put my cell phone between my legs (on vibrate) so I could rock out with the radio and still know when I was being called.    well, when this started, it was so similar in sensation that I would keep grabbing for the phone.   It has been going on a couple of weeks now.  I am a very healthy 57 year old, had tons of STD's in the 60's and early 70's, but somehow missed aids and herpes.   have been happily monogamous now for 28 years, with no problems at all.  I am in fairly good physical shape, and I almost never see doctors, but went for this reason.   I did not have any infections or blood in urine after testing - all things looked good.  She (yes, an attractive young woman doctor - I squirmed a bit at explaining my symptoms to her) gave me 500 mg CIPRO, just in case, but it is not having any effect on the vibrations.  I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, and have not been near a bicycle or a motorcycle for quite a long time.  I spend a lot of time on computer, but always have, so no difference in life style.    I am just happy to see from your reports that it does not seem to be very serious at all, more of a curiosity and a distraction than a debilitating condition.  I appreciate the humor about this, too, guys.   I told my wife about it.   now when it happens I tell her my phone is ringing.   she just said, "so long as you don't answer it in public!"    Best to You All.
glad to read all these posts, as I'm experiencing the famous "cell phone buzz , or pager like buzz in my penis"  is there a doctor on here?  who i thought by now would share their thoughts on this subject. As it's looking like a harmless thing, I've never heard of this before. so any help or feedback from a professional would be great..  thanks
May be related to a new form of allergies to man-made chemicals for human consumption and possible time of year when you/we first experienced “Vibration Sensation in Penis”.  I’m 48 and I too have this issue. I first noticed V.S.I.P in 8/07 and during this frame I had changed my eating habits, which resulted in losing weight, 15 lbs. to date. I stopped soda intake (diet) for several weeks. V.S.I.P seemed to disappear – though I had basically had forgotten about it. Recently (within last 2 weeks) I started drinking diet soda. Today I had a diet Dr. Pepper and sat in a theater watching a movie, after a serious work in yard day. By the time I got home I had a case of B.P. (Buzzing Penis)

After reading your postings I think I will stop with the sodas who knows what “Those” chemicals are doing to my body.
update... the buzzing... it's stopped after only 4 days.... weird?  but thought i'd update ya.. thanks
i would also like to update my progress.  I posted on oct 11 and about 1-2 weeks after, the vibrations have stopped.  I never went to see a doctor or anything.  I just waited it out.  My guess is that a vessel popped or something like that.  I'm sorry to those who are dealing with it now.  I know how annoying it is.  But I would like to let you know that it will stop eventually.  Well, it did for me at least.  Good luck gentlemen.  
Glad to find this site!  I thought I was crazy.  I am 42 years old.  I recently started having this sensation a couple of days ago.  It occurs in the groin area next to the base of the penis on the upper left side.  That is the same area that I had hernia surgery about a year ago.  I thought that is was a nerve acting up from the surgery.  It does feel a lot like a cell phone set on vibrate, ringing in my front pocket.  When I first felt the sensation I thought I was leaning against somthing that was vibrating.  It sort of reminds me of having an eyelid spasm or twtich, if you have ever had that occur for part of a day or so.  It only lasts a few seconds and occurs several times an hour.  It is annoying more than anything.  

I do not smoke. I am a social drinker .  I have a new job that requires a lot of sittng.  I routinley  go to the urologist and have had full tests done for trace amounts of blood in the urine.  Nothing has ever been found.  I do not have high blood pressure.  I have gained  weight due to inactivity of my new job.

Good Luck all!
Hi you Guys

Could your vibration be originating in the area between your scrotum and your anus? When I was younger I used to get this regular if I was feeling horny and for a while after good sex etc.

Now at 55 I can get the vibration to start if I take various `stuff` which raise my testosterone level and at the same time take `stuff` to make plenty of semen.

I am convinced that my `vibration` is my prostate working (healthily) because after several days of the vibration I get loads of precum (clear sticky fluid) and ... if I have no vibration for ages then little precum.

Also my vibration is strongest at the highest point of my `daily testosterone cycle` (11.00, 14.00, 17.00, 20.00, 23.00, 02.00, 05.00, 08.00).  You may not know you had `a cycle` but now you can monitor it ... it is the times of the day you feel most horny! When `younger` (to 40 ish) I used to get a `spontaneous erection` (even when  fixing the car etc).

Hope that Helps

G

Hey guys,

I had this problem about a week ago. I immediately searched the web for some insight and found this thread. The biggest commonality seemed to be in how many people sat for long periods of time. I too sat for many hours in a computer chair per day, and I might add that the cushion is long since worn out, nay, I was literally sitting on a sheet of steel. Anyhow, the vibrations were intense for the rest of that day. The following morning I had no issues until I sat in my chair again (this time with a cushion). I immediately postioned myself so that my right foot was under the left side of my seat...thereby taking all pressure of the prostate area and putting most weight to the left side. When I got tired I shifted to the right. The vibrations were less intense for that day.

The following day I had no symptoms and it has been almost a week. I still sit in an ungainly position at the moment, but I want to be sure I am healed. This solution may present problems for those with back pain however, as it does strain the lower back. The best thing is to get the best cushioning possible.keep all wieght off of the center of your bottom until the symptoms go away (if they ever do).

Hope this helps some people at least. It seems I was quick enough to discover my problem and apply a solution before it got too bad.
Just to clear up some obscurities, I meant that my right foot was on top of the left side of my seat, and I sat upon it, therby putting all weight to the right, and vice versa.
Hi, just an update.   has now been 6 weeks, and the vibrations have diminished in intensity to barely noticeable - not even a bother now.   Did switch from artificial sweeteners (splenda, equal, etc) to Stevia, and am getting a little more excersize.   Also have been changing positions while working on the computer and have been sitting with a better posture.

Think mostly, though, it just needed to run it's course.  Take care.
I had this issue about 6 months ago and it went away. It lasted about 2 weeks. I just recently got it again. Vibration in the penis. Very mild if I don't concentrate on it I don't even notice it.  Very annoying. Had it now for a week was less after 4 days and now back again. It vibrates then stops for about 10 seconds and starts again. I have a bad back and my doctor seems to feel it may be that. Had psa done it came back negative and there is no other symptoms.  This issue seems to be a mystery to all. If  the vibration doesn't stop soon I will go to a urologist.
Same as you guys.  Buzzing, head of penis, cell phone, etc....

What's really strange is how "rhythmic" it is .  It will "buzz" for 8-10 seconds, go away for 30 seconds, buzz for another 8 seconds, repeat.

I hope this goes away, because it's driving me crazy.  I'm going to cut back on artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Diet Dr. Pepper, etc..), get away from the computer more, increase exercise, increase potassium intake, etc...

Out of curiosity, what model of cell phone do you have?  Mine is Samsung.

Guys what you are suffering from is Prostatitis.. This is another sign of either bacterial or non bacterial prostatitis
What dacon is saying doesn't fit the symptom. I'm going to my doctor in two weeks and knowing him he will send me for the works including a urologist. I'll let you know how I make out.
I think we can rule out splenda, sucrolose, and other artifical sweetners. I only take in raw sugar and honey--I'm an avid health-hut.

I'm going to up my cranberry juice intake in case it's related to the bladder. The vibration feels to be at the base of the bladder just above the penis. My sensation is ~2 seconds of vibration and 2 seconds gone.

I'm 37 y/o and this just started last night after sex, but I also ran 4 miles yesterday, so I may have had it before sex and hadn't noticed. Now it's continuing non-stop.
Hey again everyone. I though I would update you on my research. As I stated in my first post, my symptoms went away after I stopped sitting on hard chairs and on my legs instead. I had to stop this practice after two weeks because of the strain on my knees, and no more than two days passed before my symptoms began again. I say BEGAN, because I immediately stooped sitting that way again and the symptoms went away. After much research, I am convnced that I have what is called perineal trauma; and causes prostatitis. Sitting on hard surfaces or on bikes causes this problem in many, many people. Check out this page:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6125486-description.html

Now, the solution for us is ring cushions; you can put a pillowcase over them if you are worried about looks from others. It is a small investment and will probably save you a trip to the docs. I never go to the doctor and always end up fine. I don' worry about these things. Ultimately, we are all dead eventually hehe. Anyhow, for those of you who are in a panic, try to force your mind away fromt he problem AFTER you have resolved to either go to the doctor or wait a few months. Make a decision and forget...that is the key to your peace. Otherwise, you get fake symptoms. Anyhow, I urge all to try the cushion and see if it works for them.

Obviously it will not work for infections, but for those of us who sit all the time, the solution is probably this.

If you need more info....google "prostatitis" "ring cushion" "donut cushion" "perineal trauma" etc....

Good luck all.
Followup: Got the cushion when I posted that last post. I must say I was right. This was the solution to my problem; not only is the vibration not returning, but all discomfort has gone. I can sit in this chair all day every day and would never have a problem again. The fact is that abuse from sitting or other intense activity caused the prostate to swell, leading to the vibration sensation and what is called prostatitis; women have a similar problem, as the same area of trauma is affected in them; only the specifics are different.

I strongly urge any of you who have been knowingly sitting in bad chairs for hours on end to try this. You can get one at your local evil WalMart or get one online; hell you could make one yourself. When I was in the movie theater, I made one out of my coat ;)
I haven't gone to my doctor yet but I think I know what is causing my vibration. It has been two weeks now since I started feeling this again. I have a back problem( surgery 12 years ago) The vibration is almost gone hardly noticeable. For the past 2 days no vibration at all. I got up this morning and walked on the treed mill for 30 minutes something I do 3 times a week. When I got done I sat down and very mild noticed the vibration. I had talked to my chiropractor about this and he agrees that my back may be causing this. I'm seeing my neurologist on Wednesday and will discuss this with him.  In this forum there was a post about a nerve causing this I really feel that this is the problem.      
Wow!  It is amazing that there are this many people with this problem.  I'll add some of my own thoughts and details here as well.  I'm a computer programmer and sit in a chair way too much.  I strained my back a few weeks ago and these symptoms started around the same time.  I strained it again this week and the symptoms increased in frequency.  I'm now having them every 5 seconds or so.  I've had a lot of stress in my life lately as well between work, building a house and a 13 year old daughter.  I've also had troubles over the last two years with iritable bowels and a mild case of ulcerative colitus.  I've definitely noticed a correlation between the symptoms and the position of my back or how I'm sitting.  I'm beginning to suspect that it is indeed related to the prostate but have not yet been to the doctor.  I'm going in the morning and will be back to post again tomorrow and see what else pops up on this forum.
update. Well I've seen my neurologist and my family MD. I got a complete checkup for this issue including an ultra sound on my testacials.  Everything normal. My Neurologist says it a a nerve that is causing the vibration. Hope this will put all at ease about this issue. It has been a week now and my vibration is completely gone. I'm going to resume exercise this week.
I was sitting watching TV tonight when I started getting this vibration sensation in my penis, it has been going for about 2 hours without stopping, went for a walk to see if it helped but id did'nt.

I have a feeling that it may be caused by nerve problems, I am 64 yrs old but still very sexually active, sadly my Wife is not very interested in sex any more so I have to relieve my self, over the last week I have done it about five times, (no I am not a dirty old man).

Only thing is I have been doing a lot of work on the computer over the past few days, this is not unusual for me, I have masturbated all my life but never felt this before, however I do think I have been over doing it lately, this leads me to think it is caused by by nerve damage in the penis.

I am on blood pressure tablets "Atenolol", also take Glucosamine for arthritis in the back, I am not realy concerned with this sensation, as I have gotten older I have learned that things come and go, I think a waste of time seeing the local GP, not realy interesting in talking to him about my penis anyway.

Had a thorough check up with a Urologist 12 months ago, he told me I had the prostrate of a 35 yr old, no I am certain it is caused by masturbating to often and to hard.
That is strange. Same problem here while I was reaching puberty and I was so scared that something was wrong with me. Just putting my leg up while sitting down I felt a vibrating sensation and at times it felt good too. I did not like this and went for a checkup but nothing was wrong. After a month or two it went away and it has not happen to me ever since.
Hey all

Glad to have found this forum. I am 34, male and generally in good health - although lately I have had high blood pressure and have been put on meds for it. I get the vibrating feeling on the outside of my left thigh. It has been on going for close to a year now and its frequency and "strength" has been gradually increasing. Now i feel it every 30 or so seconds and last about 3-5 secs. It is starting to freak me out!
WOW,

I am not alone with this problem. I am 31 year of age and I have had many panic attacks during the year. I am taking Wellbutrin as a result.  
Yesterday I started feeling these vibrating sensations and I didn't know where they were coming from. I though it was my clothes...nothing.

Today the vibrations continue, I got scared thought it was cancer or diabetes so I got a bad panic attack that made my legs weak.

We also had a bad snow storm, I had to shovel quite a bit of snow. Could I have pulled something?

I am scared, called my doctor that told me probably stress related and not to worry.

Any comments?

I posted my experience re vibrating sensation in the penis a couple of days ago, it doesnt seem to be anything to worry about, as yet I havent read anything on this thread that has caused me to start worrying, also those that have been to see their doctors havent realy come up with an answer.

I have found that my vibration seems to occur when I have been sitting for a long time, it gets worse when I lounge in my reclining chair, extra presure on my tail bone, I also masturbate about 3 times a week, maybe it is some kind of nerve damage in the penis.

After reading most of the many replies to this thread I have noticed that many people suffer from lower back Arthritis, I have had lower back problems for 18 years, the pain in my spine seems to have flared up at the moment, maybe that has something to do with it.

Either way I guess a vibrating feeling is better in the penis than in the scrotum, I realy dont think it is anything to get stressed about, I would imagine in time when the body has fixed whatever the problem is it will stop.

By the way my vibration is continual but I only feel it when I am sitting or standing doing nothing physical, it did stop for quite a few hours, in a test to see if masturbation caused it I masturbated, sure enough it came back after a couple of hours.no way am I going to become a frustrated maniac by not relieving myself, vibration or no vibration.
Thanks,

I am calmer now that my doctor reassured me. Its still vibrating. More annoyng then anything.
I will wait I guess ;(
Still another guy with the same problem.  I'm 48 and very healthy.  My Doctor has given me a clean bill of health, but this problem goes and comes.  Right now it is vibrating the tip every other second and last for about 2 seconds.  I'm not imagining it because I can feel it with my fingers.  I believe there is a connection between sex and the cell phone.  If I change my cell phone from vibrate to ringer the vibration goes away after a few weeks, but returns if I switch it back and comes back with several back to back days of sex.  I'm going to test my theory again and see what happens.  So glad I found the site; I thought I must be the only weirdo in the world with this problem.
I have the problem vibration but no Cell Phone, bit scary to think that someones Willy may be acting as an Antenna, always thought a penis would be good for something else.
Funny you should mention sitting as a cause.  I suffered from a cold all weekend and because of it I did a whole lot of sitting.  The was soft, but maybe the length of time and the fact that I have an office job is the could be the cause of the problem.  I will try the cushion and report back.  You may be on to something.
Aye; It certainly cannot hurt, and besides, this cushion is so darn comfortable that I don't sit flat on my butt at all anymore. When I am at work on break I just lay on my back. Sitting on the prostate feels so unnatural now.

You mentioned back to back days of sexual activity as well. It might be good to try going to once or (if you cannot do that) twice per week; at least until a few months symptom free have gone by. Up to you. I was never a very sexual thinker, but like I said I sat on a steel plate for hours and hours and this for months. Quite stupid. If the vibration happens after sex, after sitting, or a difficult bowel movement, than you can be pretty certain it is swelling. Like any other body part, minimize the strain and it should go away.
Has anyone been diagnosed with, the vibration feeling inside penis, or does it go away.
Im an healthy 33 year old. The vibration just started around a week ago. I have pain when urinating or with sex, i recently hurt my back, -back herniation. Its driving me nuts. Was wondering if anyone has had my symptoms not go away yet?
dont have pain when urinating
dont have pain when urinating
I got the vibrations about a week ago, it lasted two days, like everyone else my penis felt like it had a cell phone tied to it, shame it was annoying could have been of some benifit, anyhow its been gone for a few days now.

Seems folks on this forum have been and talked to urologists and MDs, no one realy knows what causes it, I myself think its related to sitting down to long and maybe slouching, eg watching TV or sitting on some of the cheap and nasty computer chairs that are floating around, my other theory is to much masturbation, as previously stated my Wife is not interested in sex much these days so I have to help myself, darn it I am sure it will fall off one day.

I am not worried about being a mastubator, those that say the havent done it are liars, those that say the do it are like me crazy, eiter way my friend dont be worried about it, you will find as you go through life that we get some strange things happen to our bodies.

If I went to the doc every time I got a pain or funny feeling they would have put me in a straight jacket years ago, dont worry just enjoy life, we aint here that long.
I think this forum was a very good idea. My symptoms started a week ago today (or there about). It is 12-29-07. I have felt these vibrations minutely a few times through the years, but ignored them, figuring it was just mild bladder infection and they went away in 1-2 days sometimes, only feeling it once. So when It started last sunday, i didnt think much of it.It's got more intense and frequent until yesterday morning it was so strong I was feeling it on the inside of my legs, and even in my stomach a little bit. Since my doctor is going to be available again until after the first of the year, I went to an ER and the asked the standard questions about STDs or injuries. No, and i dont think so. I did masturbate for a prolonged time last weekend, but I dont think that was what this was. I also started a walking regiment to lose some weight, and my legs were like lead, but the ER doc said that wouldnt be it. I, like another poster had high stress over it, and they put me on blood pressure medicine. I went again last night to anotehr ER because it wasnt sitting pretty with me that they did NOTHING for my condition. She couldnt find anything either, but when I came in my blood pressure was very high for my age (almost 34). When they got me calmed, the blood pressure wasnt too bad for my age, and instead of checking furtehr, she assumed that this was a condition from high anxiety, and prescribed me Ativan. I have only been taking it 24 hrs, but so far it hasnt helped. I am seeing that some of the same thoughts people have of the origins, apply to me. I have been unemployed for months (starting school soon tho), and sit on the computer a lot. Some people are saying 2-6 weeks, and I am going to go nuts if thats the case! Its only been a week, and its disrupted my life! Can anyone tell me what they did to change it, or how it changed? Did it taper slowly, or end abruptly? One final note: There was one time I tried to have sex, and I was unable to get hard, but I dont know if that was due to stress, the vibration too distracting  or what.
My first ER visit they did take urine for a culture because they found a trace of blood (and the culture will be ready tomorrow). So heres opening its nothing but nerves!
Hey man,

First about the erectile (sp?) thing, it has happened to me on occasion were I was afraid of it not working...you see the mind-body connection is crazy like that, and such is how anxiety works...it literally causes pain and such where there is none if you are worried enough. I get it all the time when I have a new symptom, but I know how to control my mind well and it goes away. I am getting off topic here...

To answer the questions, I've only gotten the vobrations once since the last incident, after drinking heavily the night before and holding the urine for many hours; but for the most when I stopped sitting on that area it stopped completely. It is my guess that you should agian minimize strain ont he prostate area. Blood in urine is also a sign of such. On the bright side, you will not die....you may have an infection worst case scenario, but probably you have chronic prostatitis, which comes and goes with many men, and requires maintenance (that is, stopping whatever abuse caused it) so that it does not get worse, and then gradually gets better. Read some of my earlier posts for suggestions if you wish.

I am no expert but it sounds like you have just been wearing it out over time and now it is pissed. Sitting in chairs is unnatural....having sex too much is unnatural, drinking too much is unnatural....all these confound the situation, but usually sitting in my best guess is the worst abuse. If you have insurance I would keep at the docs till they give you an answer to ease your mind. This case is not mild if it's in your stomach, but still no big probably. Some peope have it so bad they cannot pee at all.
My symptoms have all subsided.  There is hope.
Hello fellow Freaks!

I too have a imaginary phone vibrating in between the penis & anus. It started about 1 week ago, again, no pain or other symptoms. It lasts seconds.
I do remember a couple of months ago whilst sat at the P.C. experiencing a weird sensation in that area, but no vibrating. It was enough for me to quickly stand up & check it out within a nano second! I thought maybe I had Hemorrhoids (piles), no symptoms - thought no more of it.

I am 35 yr old from England, vitamins are almost non-existant culture over here, so that counts out the vitamin link.

I smoke.

Not overweight (slim), not very active.

I do sit at a P.C. all day, & recently evenings too.

I also have a little back pain - doesn't everyone?

After reading this thread, I am convinced it is due to been sat all day, it's happening now whilst sat. It could be somehow affecting the Prostate, I'm not sure.

Is this a male thing? I noticed postings from a couple of our lady couterparts, but from what I've researched, the vibrating is more near the uteris & may be a Menopause symptom, but don't quote me on that!

Are they any manual workers out there whom don't sit behind a desk, who also suffers/suffered? I was thinking maybe most office based workers, have more of an oppurtunity to be able to trawl & post such a message on the internet.

This thing don't seem to even have a name, even my daughters dolls got them. If the quacks don't know what it is, maybe us sufferers should compile our symptoms, lifestyle, ages etc and present to an neurology research centre/organisation.
I started having the same problems about 2 months ago. Went to the doctor and he thought the prostate felt a little mushy so prescribed me cipro for 2 weeks. problems came back so i went back to the doctors. In his words, prostate still felt a little boggy. I have what is called Chronic Prostatist.He prescribed me 30 days of a drug called Leviquin.
The vibrations are caused from the interaction with the bacteria and the sensory nerve in your penis.

If you look back on this thread on dec 31 2007 by a person named Soliloquy he is 100% correct. Chronic Prostatist is caused from multitude of things primarily what you put in your body. Caffine,Alchol,Nicotine and even spicy foods.If you decide to over indulge in any of these things,including sex,you must pay the price for pissing your prostate off. If you still have concerns google chronic prostate and you will find alot of info on it.
Pleased to say the vibration sensation I had in my penis has now stopped, funny thing realy it only lasted about a week, that was a couple of months ago, still think its tied in with lower back/tailbone pain from sitting to long.
I have read many of these posts and while I have some similar traits as many of these comments, I want to add mine.  A couple of years ago my wife bought for my pleasure a pyrex anal dildo.  She used to use her fingers occasionally to stimulate my prostate to give me the most wonderful orgasms.  Since the purchase she will use the dildo instead of her fingers and I can't describe how intense the orgasms are.  To explain  a little further she does this while we are still having intercourse.  In any case I noticed the penile vibrations only since Saturday evening after one of these fantastic dildo enhanced orgasms.  I have masterbated twice since and the vibrations do not change, increase or decrease the vibrations.  They come and go.  I was diagnosed with Herpes 2 last year.  I had never been tested before last year, so I do not know how long I have had Herpes.  I don't get blisters, but I do take Valtrex since last year.
I too have had this irritating vibration for what is now the 8th day approximately...I have been horny now for days and am longing to ***...but I digress...I am at a computer all day too. I asked my Chiropractor about this and she said that she thinks it is neuorlogical, meaning nerve related. She said to give it another week and if it is still there then to see my doctor. I wonder if my girlfriend can feel it when my **** is in her mouth....Oh yeah it hasn't been in her mouth so I can't ask her!!!I wouldn't mind testing it out though to see if I could feel another guy's **** vibrating in MY mouth....could be very fun...:)
I am 37 years old, in reasonably good health little over weight and I take a multi vitamin. I do not ride a bike so that is out....Sex drive has increased to the point where I want to bang anything and everything. I am even willing to go down on a guy(not that I wouldn't do that anyway but...)
So glad to have found this forum.  Very interesting to hear everyone's symptoms and various profiles.  I just started feeling this sensation yesterday.  It increases when I lean forward while sitting down and when I lower my head. I have many of the same similar lifestyle stuff.  Some things about me that I have not seen listed.  
I suffered a mild tailbone injury a few weeks ago sledding with my kids.  Came right down on it.  Have had some discomfort getting up from sitting down.  Never thought it was bad enough to need a donut to sit on, but maybe now I do?

Yes! :)

It can't hurt. Just sit on the donut while at the computer or if you have to sit on hard surfaces; otherwise you can sit normal on couches and stuff. Whenever you have the option to sit on a hard surface but lack a cushion, lay down instead; at least for a few months. after the symptoms go away and you feel adventurous you might try to return to normal behavior, but it would not be wise. I never sit on hard surfaces anymore. Humans are made to move around and not sit all day on hard chairs staring through electromagnetic fields, but unfortunately we live in a fake world where we must do the unnatural on a daily basis. Try to balance it as best you can.
Oh my God.I thought i was crazy to have this symptom.I have been experienceing the same thing for at least 2 days now and its freaking annoys me especially during night time when its time to sleep.I cant sleep properly today at its 5am in the morning and I tired googling and didnt know what to type and who knew the keyword" vibration penis" returned this forum!

I am a student here in the UK and yes,i spend alot of time infront of my laptop and these few nights I have to admit i spent more as assignmnents are due.And when Im stressed out, like most guys sometimes,i watch *orn and *ank.But unfortunately a day after that ,i started to feel the sensation.Could this be a factor too?

I tried drinking  more water but no avail.At first i thought it was the nescafe that i just bought from poundland because i never bought one from there before( added with coffemate and  of course sugar).I am also on vitamins but all are herbs-based.

I just need this to go away.its botherning me!
I went to see my doctor asbout this and he too said it is neurological and quite common as you can see by htis thread.....It will go away not to worry. In fact mine has subsided considerably to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.....
It seems that there is a vertabrae I believe it is S5 and S6 that are directly attached or directly aligned to the penis and if something is out of whack it will cause this buzzing feeling. My chiropractor after hearing this agreed and said that there is something that the spine is working on in your body so it will take care of it......As you know the spine is our "center' or core and everything operates through the spine. So not to worry, it is common and not thratening in any way.....
Gotta love the net....started having the vibration/buzzing sensation a couple of days ago...found this thread and now not as worried......vibration is mostly at the base of the shaft where the base and scrotem are connected...comes and goes, the last day or so has been pretty constant....no pain just annoying......

has anyone come up with a real cause or is this another medical mystery??
R
What's funny is I was worried as all hell about this.  Mine is between my anus and scrotum area.  I read the first few posts and noticed the people said they were taking vitamins...I just started taking vitamins (Centrum) a few days ago!  Definitely going to stop taking those and see what happens.

It doesn't hurt or anything at all...just feels weird and uncomfortable.  It's definitely very annoying.
Huh, the vibrating sensation has disappeared for the past few days.  Coincidentally, the discomfort I've been experiencing from my tailbone injury has subsided considerably.  Perhaps this neurological symptom is simply part of the healing process.  Perhaps the nervous system is sending out signals to see if everything is working OK.  
Regarding this symptom, I'm thankful everything is still "working OK".  
Will continue monitoring, good luck to the rest of you!
My husband has had this vibration off and on for about 4 months.  Does anyone have a rash at the same time?  Not on penis but buttocks?  I felt it on my right thigh one time.  Wierd.  We both are late 50's and bike quite a bit.  He has a special bench seat because the regular one was bothering him.  The rash is strange and may be totally unrelated..  Thanks
Hi im 23 m. just wondered if anyone else experiences strange genital nervous twitch in the company of others. Scary I know. Thanks
One more healthy 43 year old who thought his cel phone was buzzing and perplexed to find it was his penis. At first I've attributed to using a high powered sander and chainsaw, working out, also sitting at a computer in the evenings. Thinking it has to be some kind of nerve trauma. Glad to find I'm not alone and that doesn't appear to be serious - thanks all
This is absolutely amazing.  I'm a very healthy 43 year old who had this very same condition start about two weeks ago or so.  The comment that really struck me was the mention of the vitamins.  I thought back and my condition seems to have coincided with when I began taking One-A-Day Men's Health Formula.  I'm going to discontinue taking the vitamins and see if the condition goes away.  I'll update on the results.  Thanks to everyone for reporting their experiences.
I am a very healthy 46 y.o. asian man.  I started to have similar problem like most if not all of you on this site.  Few weeks ago, when it first started, my automatic reaction was to reach inside my pant pocket to grab the cell phone, thinking it was vibrating because of an incoming call.  I realized my cell phone was not in the pant pocket, and I did not reallize until two days ago, when the vibration sensation coming from the penis head area.  I am reading everyone else's comment on this site, and trying to find some common pattern that may shed some light to the cause.
I wanted to get in shape. So about 4 months ago, I started to go the gym to do some running on the tread mill, lifting weight.  I have also started to take Glucosamine and some Chinese herb tea.  

I saw a similar pattern of a range of activities including exercise and motorcycle riding, bicyle riding or some sort of physical activities AND consumption some sort of vitamins. In my case, I am taking Glucosamine and Chinese herb tea (which is chemical as well) I also notices that this problem is indenpendent of age. I saw people at age as yung as 18 all the way up to high 50s.

If you go back and read Motorcyle_MD's previous comment earlier in this forum, you will see that the MD stated that this vibration sensation is related to some nerve twitching!  I agree somewhat to what he was saying.  The sensation is caused by either muscular spasm or nerves reacting.  If it was muscular spasm, you would see the muscle twitching externally as well. But it is not the case here. It is internally, and I believe it is nerve related.

I suggest maybe we all can collectively try an experiment. I will stop taking Glucosamine and Chinese tea for two months and see how it goes.   Someone else whio has the vibration condition, can try stop exercise for one or two weeks and see if any of this similar problem can be controlled or lessened.

After one week of conducting this experiment,  please report back whether you still have that problem or not. \
PLEase please reply by sending email or telephone.

Thanky ou very much fro having this website on line.
Please

Harris

If you go back to a comment posted by
I just started having the symptoms, buzzing or vibration on tip of penis just started in the last few days. I also recently started to work from home and have been sitting on a cheap chair in front of my computer for 9 or more hours and think this has had something to do with this buzzing.  Also have been under a lot of additional stress recently. Also  I have been doing heavy coffee last few weeks. I also am taking Metabolife tabs, wonder if has something to do with it. I think tthink it is nuerological. I plan on waiting to the end of the week, increasing potasium, mentioned earlier on thread, getting new chair tomorrow, also scaling down on diet sodas and sweetners. Will check back in.    
You people need to read my post in the thread below:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/182966
I posted back on March 7th that I had been taking One-A-Day Men's Health Formula up until roughly a week before I posted.  For various reasons for about a week or so before that post I had just forgotten to take them.  I also do not keep a cell phone in my pocket for more than about 30 minutes a day, here and there.  I had ruled that out as a significant factor in my case.  I started suspecting the vitamins, because it came to my attention that I had started taking those roughly the same time these symptoms started.  At the time of my previous post I had not had the vitamins since late February, and I noticed that the symptoms had pretty much stopped about the time I was making that post, but it still concerned me enough to do the internet search.  I continued to have had no symptoms for a few days after that post on the 7th, so I decided to test the vitamin theory by starting to take them again on Tuesday the 11th.  Well sure enough, last night, the 15th, the symptoms started up again just like clockwork.  In my case, I feel it is the vitamins.  Also, I just had a physical on March 10th, and my prostate checked out fine, both by the physical check and the blood test.  I'm going to test this vitamin theory further by discontinuing them a second time to see if the symptoms stop again.  I'll let you all know.
HAHAHA..... PHEW!!!!! I was freaked out about this and now after reading the posts am not worried....BUT.... I too have been taking a "mens health" one-a-day..... stopped it after reading this thread.

Funny thing is my wife is an Emergency Doc (and a very good one) and she has NEVER heard of this. I guess I'm her first "patient" with this complaint.

Anyway...... I'm going to relax and wait to feel what happens/doesn't.

BTW  46, on the heavy side,... vibration is in head of penis...... feels to me like blood flowing into/out of head..... best description is like so many others....my phone on vibrate against my penis.

WONDERING if this is some new condition? I see that most people who have talked with a urologist say that Dr. hasn't heard of this....weird that a specialty trained Dr. didn't learn or hear about this in residency.... COULD THIS BE A NEW CONDITION??????
You all do need to read osteodoc10's post, as he makes a very good observation. Again for those of you who sit all day you must stop this practice in this case. I know in the case of prostatitis that you actually prevent healthy bloodflow to the area when you sit, and sitting is the #1 cause of non-bacterial prostatitis. There was a time period for me when my prostate actually started to scream in pain; I mean it hurt badly, and the vibration increased for that time as well. It happened about 5 times a few days apart and especially when I drank too much. The donut cushion helped much, as it took off the direct pressure, but ultimately the best thing was to stand for at least 10 hours per day and get those veins pumping again.

It takes a while to hurt yourself from sitting all the time, so it takes a while to get back to normal.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one.  This began about a month or so ago when I started running again.  I do sit down more now at work than before, but it's definitely coincidental with the running.

So what are we supposed to do?
Okay- just read the WHOLE thread.  I don't drink caffiene, alcohol, do drugs, I'm not stressed at work (I absolutely love my job).

The two things I have been doing differently since the vibrating started is that I have started running again and I do seem to sit longer at work than I did a month or so ago.  Based on that on other information above, I have to believe it is back- or sitting-related.

Love the forum-  thanks gentlemen.  Feeling more at ease.
OK this is too crazy I have had the exact same feeling for about two days. I notice it more after I urinate and ejaculate.  I thought that maybe there was some blood flow obstruction or that I had nerve damage, because it was almost like twitching but to "fuzzy" to be twitching.  I am looking to go to a doctor next week.  I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate several years ago.  I am 29 years old now.
I am glad I found this thread! :)

I had this same vibrating sensation at the tip of penis and it's only when I am sitting or when the tip is rubbing clothes!

I do take multi-vitamins but not commercial ones...been taking them for years!

I had this vibration for 1h a few months ago but it went away.
Now it started again last night, but it went away after 1h!
This morning it started again and it's been going on non-stop fror 2h!

I did started to do some biking 1 week ago and I am 8h/day sitting!

I did notice that this symptom started twice after ejaculation and this morning...so it's related to my "hornyness" level!

I do take alcohol and caffeine on a daily basis, I will stop both for a few days to see.

I will try the potassium/magnesium and report back!
Wow.  Glad I'm not alone.

34 Male

I, too, am having the buzz/vibration in the tip of my penis for the past 6 days.  About every 30 seconds, it will vibrate for about three seconds.  And it's driving me nuts (no pun intended)!  I do have a bad back, but mostly upper towards the neck and shoulders.  I do sit a lot for work, but I always have.  I am not on any new medication.  I am, however, under A LOT of stress right now.  I know, everyone is under some stress, but I've never been under this much before.  

I know there have been posts about prostitis, but I'm not really sold on that.  There are no other symptoms, and it seems like there are some young people affected.  Also, in doing a search, at webmd, there is a very large thread for WOMEN that are having this sensation in their areas.

Has anyone received any hard evidence provided by their health care professional that would point to what this is?  Does this seem to be a new phenominon?  I just want this to go away.  It's very hard to fall asleep and very annoying when I'm sitting at work.
Wow... I am 37 and I have the vibrating sensation. It does feel like its more towards the head. I was worried as hell, but its comforting not to be alone on this. I have heard this could be linked to the prostate and I have been known to have prostate problems. I dont undertsand, because I thought an enlarged prostate makes you have to urinate frequently. I dont have that symptom.. This has been going on for about four months now and I cant get it to trigger by doing anything special. It seems as if I sit a long time and get up for a minute, I feel it... It doesnt happen every time, but it does feel exactly like my cell phone. This is insane... By reading this, it seems this is pretty common, but no one really has gotten a straight answer. Does any one have other symptoms that may be also realted?
RELATED... sorry
Well, mine went away.  Lasted for about 7 days.

Although, I did experience some buzzing on my right jaw/cheek area for a day after that.  That has now gone away as well.
My ear nose throat Dr. said that you can get pulsing or twitching in different parts of your body such as the ear or eye or jaw etc that coincides with an infection or cold of some type . Not sure if the penis would be included.
I had the buzzing in my penis two years ago for a about a day. I actually answered my cell phone!  My general practitioner laughed out loud when I told him about my vibrations and had no advise.  I'm 53, have had an asymmetric prostate gland for 10 years and get checked annually. I had a prostate biopsy last year with no bad news. PSA tests are always good. This morning when I awoke guess what was back? Say hello to my little friend... Buzzy McWilly.  It has been doing the same rhythmic buzzing ,that most of you have experienced, all day today.  Coincidentally, I do have a weak back but it isn't very bad at this time. I have been spending more time than usual on the couch these past two weeks with my legs up.  I've been one week on doxycycline for possible lyme infection after a tic bite too.  Thanks for all your info.  Let's just NOT get little blue ribbons to wear on our lapel!  Let's blame our wives!

I'm 32 years old.  I have the same buzzing issue going on with my penis.  It started about 8 months ago.  At first, I only felt it when I would sit down on the toilet to poop.  As soon as the "first wave" of poop was gone and I had taken the initial ****, I would get the buzzing feeling.  It was so unique that if I was reading a magazine or newspaper and wasn't paying attention to what was going on in the toilet, I would think I was peeing, but would look down and see nothing was coming out.  This went on for about 6 months until this past April.  It started to get worse and more pronouced and happening randomly thorughout the day.  It seems to really get bad if I have to poop or pee really bad; almost like pressure on the prostate may be the cause.  For instance, in the morning when I get the urge to go to bathroom, I can guarantee the buzzing feeling is going to start up.  In April 2008 it started getting worse when I started running more regularly again.  It's almost as if the running (bouncing) made it flare up.  About a month ago, I went to see my General Practitioner about the issue.  They did a blood test and urine test; both came back normal.  My blood pressure was was perfect.  He did a prosate exam and found no enlargement.  He told me that it was probably an inflammation of the prostate.  He gave me a 10 day supply of Cipro (anitbiotic); taking 2 each 500mg pills a day.  After being on the pills for 5 days, the buzzing went completely away fro the remainder of the cycle; plus a couple of days after.  Three days after the Cipro cycle ended, the buzzing gradually started coming back.  Eventually, it came back full force and this week I had an appointment to see my urologist.  When I told him about my issues, he looked at me like I was crazy.  Obviously, he hadn't heard of a "buzzing penis" before.  I told him about the Cipro and that it went away; so he has given me another prescription for 30 days taking 1 each- 500mg pills per day.  This issue is really annoying as I am sure the rest of you will agree.  It seems to flare up when I am either sitting or standing; hardly ever when I am laying down.  Like many of you, I do get "the buzz" after sex or masterbation (masturbation).  This may sound bad...but it's comforting to find that others are experiencing these same issues.    
Yep, me too. It started a couple days ago. 34 YO male. Its about 5 secs at irregular intervals. No vitamins for a couple weeks, played golf on Sunday when I first noticed it, lower back was killing me. I also fell on my keister Saturday night. I did think it was my cell phone the first time it happened. Oh well, sounds like its not uncommon and nothing to be worried about.
I have the same problems as everyone else in this formum and its driving me crazy. i just want it to stop. i think mine started after a 25 min tanning session. i think the uv tanning bulbs started this or something...but i've tanned for years and years and its never been a problem before...its like it just started outta nowhere...its puzzling to see so many people in here with the same exact symptoms...there has to be a common factor....i am 26 male, work in an office but very active outside the office...i thought it was the cell phone too like so many others...i dont even feel like going to the doctors to deal with this because so many people said they already went...DOES IT EVER GO AWAY!?

thanks
Well, I'm relieved to find that this is apparently harmless.  I started getting the buzzing penis three days ago.  It appears to be mostly the head of my penis that buzzes.  It comes and goes.  The longest it has lasted has been about 3 hours.  It may go away for a few minutes or for several hours, but keeps coming back.  Here is some information about me in hopes of finding commonalities with others:

- 48 years old
- Married
- mild arthritis in neck/upper back
- on high blood pressure meds
- taking fish oil capsules and and plant sterol tablets to combat hight cholesterol (couldn't tolerate medications)
- walk at least 30 minutes per day (started 2 months ago)
- yoga twice per week for past 5 years
- I sit at my desk in front of my laptop computer 8 - 10 hour/day

I think it may be related to sitting and walking, but I first noticed it after urinating.  It felt like I was still going, but when I looked down nothing was coming out.  Sometimes urinating will start the buzzing, sometimes not.  I had the whole urologist / prostate workup three month before this started and everything was fine.

I'll keep you posted.
Buzzing in Albuquerque

Glad to have found this site.....I have recently started feeling the vibrations as described above but NOT in the penis.  Mine are in the scrotum/testical area.  All the rest of the comments are the same.  No pain etc...just annoying and it does feel like a nerve or something.  I am just glad to read all the posts and I at least feel that it is nothing serious after reading everything above...so I will keep returning to this site to see if anything else shows up.  I am  64 , fairly active non smoker but I have been sitting alot since I retired...way too much.  The first time I felt this was right after I sat down in a car and the briefs I wear kinda wedgied my testicals when I sat down....I noticed the feeling later that day and actually thought that had caused the problem.  So I paid attention over the next few days...it would come and go but dont think the briefs had anything to do with it.  I will return and read often.  Anyone else felt the vibrations in the scrotum/testical area?
Hi guys,

I've had this problem for 16 months.

I have symptoms of prostatitis but no antibiotics has done anything.
When I took doxycyline though i noticed the TWITCHING to increase a lot more resulting in me having NOCTURNAL emissions almost every night until I had pains in lower right abdomen so strong I couldn't
stand (felt like appendix).

When I stopped that antibiotics I was fine again and the twitching
went down again to what it originally was.

Sometimes I think it might be BLADDER related - I am unddergoing
treatment for prostatitis right now at a chinese doctor which
involves electrolysis stimulation to the area.

I've had a SCOPE put through my penis and they found nothing.
No stricture.

I read someone was taking magnesium it would be intresting to try.

If this doctor doesn't fix it im considering goign to see osteopath
to look at the spine...

The only other thing i can think of is taking some sort of
chinese herbs for bladder control - its hard to say if its the
prostate which is twitching (as it wraps around the urethra)
or if its the bladder opening closing and opening at the start
of the urethra.

It is a fact that by twitching that by exercising that muscle
by stopping and starting urination in certain positions you can
prolong sex - but the way it feels now is like that same area
is twitching constantly thus weakening the entire urogenital area.

I am really hoping to see someone here who has FIXED their issue.

But so far no one has written of that.

If I find an answer or cure i will definitely share it. :)

Wow, glad to find this forum.

Twenty nine years old, healthy, married, one sex partner for 8 years, baby on the way in 6 months.. Sat down this morning at my desk at work, and my left testicle feels like a cell phone vibrating. On for two seconds, off for two seeconds.  
Had some quick sex bofore work, and live an hour from work. Did not have the sensation while driving to work. I thought it was my enviornment at first, but it's not. I don't usually use my vibrate on my cell phone, so I don't think that it is phantom anything. I have a long trip to leave on tonight after work, and I'm a little nervous. After reading this forum I feel a bit better about things, but then again I don't. Doesn't look like there is a solid remedy. I

don't have any pain, but I also don't think that I need my left testicle notifying me of incoming messages, etc. Will continue to read the posts, and send any pertinant information...may have to find a doc when I reach destination.
Heya, I've been having similar problems for a good few weeks now.  All started with a bladder infection which I've been on anti biotics for, that seems to have cleared up with the odd reoccurance.  I found that my penis seems to throb, not in a painful way, but in an annoying way (although sometimes it feels quite pleasant...).  Urination is usually the trigger, although ejeculation triggers it too.  I can get it for hours, none stop, then it'll go away for similar periods.

The infection seems to have triggered it as everything was fine up until that reared it's ugly head (pardon the pun).  I'm due an ultra sound this Friday in that area so kind of hoping they find something, and kinda hoping they don't.  I'll post again when I have had the scan.

Finding this forum showed me how common this is, so it's nice to not be alone in the vibrating nob department.

I have no STDs as I'm not sexually active and never have been due to mental health problems.  
22yo married male, no history of medical problems...

I noticed the buzz at work yesterday. It feels like it is right on top of the head. I stand all day (I work at a bank), and since yesterday after lunch it hasn't really stopped. I can't sit still or keep from moving around, because it's so annoying. I feel like a mental patient. After a couple YEARS of these posts, no one has found any medical sites/journals relating to this? Most of us are obviously experiencing the same thing.
Also, I'm having real trouble falling asleep. I wish this would STOP!
I am a 41 year old female experiencing this same vibration sensation by my clitoris, at the top of my crotch. It started when the day I was using a miter saw to do some trim work.  That was Friday, and today is Monday.  I did fall last week, so maybe it is related to the spine and nerves?  In addition, I have been lifting heavy bricks and doing some work around the house that is maybe too straining for me, but I live with my mom and there is no man around to help.  So, the moral of the story is that it can occur in females also.  
Like so many others have stated, I am glad I found this site.
I too have had a "buzzing" on the tip of penis for about a week now; and like so many have stated I thought it was my cell phone at first. I am a 26 yr old male, with high blood pressure and a history of kidney stones, and only one sexual partner (my wife). My first fear was that another stone was preparing to pass, but after a week I am pretty sure it is not related. I have been working a lot on a new home, installing a porch and laying a brick walkway. My back has felt tight in the mornings so I could see that being connected. It is more a nuance than anything else. I have had sex this week and had no problems or irritations. I just would like to know what it is.  
With so many postings on this site and such a long history (2years now) of being here, I too am surprised that there is not research or medical journals reporting on this. I hope to keep searching.
I'm following up on my previous post from 03/16/08, where I was zeroing in on the One-A-Day Men's Health Formula vitamins as the culprit in my particular case.  Obviously this would not apply to all cases here, but in my particular case it was something about those vitamins.  I stopped taking them again in late March, and several days later the vibration/buzzing completely stopped.  That was the second time it completely stopped after discontinuing those vitamins.  I also experienced on two occasions that the vibration/buzzing started several days after starting to take those vitamins.  Strange, but I haven't had any problem with this since stopping the vitamins.
Chalk another one up, mine started yesterday - I'm 38 and in good health and just 5-10 pounds over ideal weight.  Weird feelings in left testicle, light pressure/pain, and then the vibrating.  Maddening at times, kept me up at times last night.  Common factors with others I've read:  

1.) I had a spinal fusion when I was 22, L5 to S1.  Over the years, it's gone out.  Sometimes it's worse than others.  Yesterday was a bad one, I had to leave work early.  It aches as I sit here.

2.) I've been doing a lot of sitting lately, I'm a software tester approaching a deadline.  

3.) On again/off again with lots of vitamins including saw palmetto and L-argenine and male-centric supplements.  

I've not had sex in over a month, as I'm 'in between' relationships.  So I figured I may have been getting backed up down there.... Aaaand, you know what comes next.  Two goes later, and the buzzing is still there.  Oh well, I tried.  

Weird, not buzzing now as I sit here, but I'm sure it'll come back when I lay on the heating pad (posture, another commonality) in a moment.  

I've had pressure like this in my left testicle before, but this is the first time I've had the vibrating thing going on and I'm glad I'm not alone.  

OK peace out y'all.  If anyone wants to discuss this or compare symptoms directly with me, or has any other related questions, please feel free:  mytreesloth at g mail *******.  

Thanks, and good luck to everyone with this odd issue.  

-Jimbo
It's been 7 months since I posted out here.  The buzzing sensation is back again!  Looks I have quite a few posts to review and catch up with everyone's observations.  Looks like nobody has found THE root cause yet.  
I have been searching the net for information about this condition, and will be watching this post now until someone finds some concrete answers. Hopefully I can find some myself. I am 43/44 and live in upstate PA.
The conditions described by concernedperson3 and stillcurious are EXACTLY the same thing I am experiencing.

HOWEVER, I did notice the buzzing/vibrating feeling intermittetly in my left thigh and knee area several weeks before it tageted you know who, and I estimate that it was affecting that area for about 2 months before it moved. I haven't noticed it in the leg since the shift. I would think it's a pinched nerve somewhere, but I also was diagnosed with arthritis a little over a year ago.
Thanks for your comments concerning the vitamins.  I was getting the vibration/buzzing sensation and after I stopped taking Centrum Performance, the problem was gone within a day or two.
WOW
I feel much better after reading this group.  While at work the buzzing started....kind of freaked me out.  As soon as I got a break I found this forum.

I think I will start off with the ring cushion....
I thought I was going crazy. I'm a 43 male in great shape taking no Vitamins, or Meds. I work out about 4 or 5 times a week. I eat healthy, no fast food and maybe one drink a month. I started feeling this about four days ago and it buzzes for about 2 seconds and stops for 2 seconds. This goes on all day and all night, sitting or standing. I have no pain just this buzzing feeling. After reading this thread from top to bottom, I think I need to ride it out and don't panic. Is that what most of you think?
Day 2, and this vibration continues ever 5 seconds with a duration os a second or 2....its driving me crazy
My question to you all is.....Do or have any of you taken any ED meds?  Viagra, Levitra, Cialis?
Raiderfan868 - Same here buddy.  This has been going on with me for 2 days.  I hate it.  I'm on NO ED meds.
My SYMPTOMS have been GONE for about a week now. I hope for good. The only thing I have done different in my routine is that I stopped keeping my CELL PHONE between my legs while driving. I got one of those "on the dash" holders that lets you use your phone on speaker, or just store it, and a hands free ear-bud microphone gadget.
Anyway, it's not tucked between my legs, and the buzzing has stopped.  

I can't say if this event has been the cause of my dilemma or not, but I would really be curious to see how many of us are unconsciously keeping our cell phone too close to places we would rather not have this kind of trouble in.

Can anyone else in this forum test this theory, or at least give a ya or nay to weather or not you keep your cell phone in your pocket or like I did, on the car seat between my legs?
I would love to think I have discovered the cause of this suffering.
Add me to list!!  maybe with enough post someone will start looking into this issue.  

This happend to me almost 2 years ago, it started at work as a vibration in my left inner thy. As most of you have said.. i thought it was my cell phone. Then one day it moved to the penis and testies,  After a few months it got worse after sex, then the tip of my penis and urethra would have a strong burning sensation. Even the area between my testies and anus vibrated and hurt!  i went to two doctors and a urologist... they found nothing wrong with me. So i decided to ignore it and it went away over time. Well now its back. I dont get it :(    

Im 30 , i smoke and drink, i do eat very healthy.. I have panic disorded and take xanax.         Feel free to email me!      irock_667  @  yahoo
waw thanks 4 updating.
i'm not alone in this planet LOL
i wonder is it alien bio technology to buzz male genital LOL
just joking guys. really i appreciate this discussion.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/FamilyPractice/messages/522.html

this link is useful i think
i had the same sensasion buzzing but no pain. it's started when i feel pain after peeing not long ago. not frequent buzz but annoying. the buzz also accompanied by sore throat and flu. Here is the logical xplanation from the link above.

Tough to say without examination.  Any type of infectionAcute cytomegalovirus (cmv) infection
Acute hiv infection
Asymptomatic hiv infection
Athlete's foot
Breast infection
Cellulitis
Chlamydia infections in women
Common cold
Corneal ulcers and infections
Cystitis - acute bacterial
Ear infection - acute, bleed or penileCancer - penis traumaAcoustic trauma
Amputation - traumatic
Ear barotrauma
Facial trauma
Genital injury
Head injury
Head trauma
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Stomach disease or trauma
Tailbone trauma can leadLead poisoning to the symptoms.

You can consider sending the urineCalcium - urine
Calcium urine test
Chloride - urine
Cortisol - urine
Electrolytes - urine
Glucose test - urine
Hcg in urine
Ketones - urine
Kidney - blood and urine flow
Lh urine test (home test)
Ph urine test off for anaylsis and culture to rule out infectionAcute cytomegalovirus (cmv) infection
Acute hiv infection
Asymptomatic hiv infection
Athlete's foot
Breast infection
Cellulitis
Chlamydia infections in women
Common cold
Corneal ulcers and infections
Cystitis - acute bacterial
Ear infection - acute.  

Regarding a bleed or traumaAcoustic trauma
Amputation - traumatic
Ear barotrauma
Facial trauma
Genital injury
Head injury
Head trauma
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Stomach disease or trauma
Tailbone trauma, you can consider an ultrasound17 week ultrasound
30 week ultrasound
Abdominal ultrasound
Breast ultrasound
Carotid duplex
Doppler ultrasound exam of an arm or leg
Duplex/doppler ultrasound test
Echocardiogram
Eye and orbit ultrasound
Intravascular ultrasound
Pregnancy ultrasound to image these considerations.
hi i have got it to im 21 like some of you it not painfull but pi,, me off  
im strest to
i have one parter but i was think it might be

(thrush) just a thourt
might be wrong but  i was thinking if it help some one  you can get a table from the cemist there is a cheap one and an mover money one
thank
I used to get this vibration when I was younger and in better shape. I used to work out pretty hard and was very phisically active, running, lifting. I seem to recall it would happen if I hadnt had sex for a couple weeks and would go away when I was getting sex more regularly.
It's unlikely that this condition is related to the prostate because I had my prostate removed one year ago (cancer). I started experiencing the vibrations a couple weeks ago.  My urologist thinks "there are nerves still healing" from the robotic prostate surgery and that this could be the explanation.  Similar to others on this forum, I exercise vigorously 4-5 times/week, and I've been drinking more caffeine and taking more vitamins than usual as a precaution against winter colds.  I'm going to cut back on both and see what happens.
Had the same buzzing, vibration sensation at those in this post. I am healthy. Only med is Synthroid 125 mcg per day and Silver Centrum chewable vitamins for the past year or so. After reading some of the posts, I decided to stop the vitamin. After about 10 days the vibration stopped. Just one individual, but the worrisome abnormal sensation has disappeared.
I am a family physician who has had similar symptoms to those described in this forum.   Vibration type sensation at the base and midsection of the penis (now) and in the past more to the right as if it was in the testicle.  No associated symptoms of pain, discharge or any urinary difficulties.  Like almost every other 50 year old I know (that is honest), I use the ED meds (levitra/cialis) intermittently. Onset of symptoms was around a year ago.  Initially mild rhythmic vibrations that seemed to be worse in certain positions.  Spontaneous resolution after several months and then re-occurring about one month ago with more intensity.  I have had a fairly complete evaluation including negative urinalysis, normal routine bloodwork including normal PSA, and a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis two years ago for unrelated symptoms.

I have to admit that I have found all of the comments about the condition very interesting and quite reassuring.  In the past my usual thinking process resulting from weird symptoms such as this has been to conclude that I am going to die.  Hazard of the profession I guess.  In this case the sensation I was having felt like a vascular problem given that it was rhythmic and that I could imagine it to be a turbulence (medical term "thrill") created by blood moving through a narrowed artery.  This did not make a lot of sense since if a simple arterial obstruction was the cause why should I have not heard similar vibration reports from patients with advanced arteriosclerosis (blocked arteries).  I cannot recall symptoms of vibration being described in my patients with carotid artery disease (neck) or iliac (pelvic) or femoral (upper leg) disease.  In addition, I had normal pulses in both legs and groin with no bruits (sounds of turbulence).  Can you see the obsession coming out yet?  

Then I started thinking about other vascular problems such as aneurism (aneurysm) (local enlargement or "dilation" of a blood vessel) and arteriovenous fistula (an abnormal tract from an artery to a vein).  The fact that I do not have hypertension and two years ago had a normal CT of the abdomen and pelvis made the aneurism (aneurysm) unlikely.  As far as the arteriovenous fistula, I have no reason to have one and why did it start one year ago and then stop for an extended duration before starting again?  What about cancer?  Some cancers have significant blood supply and could produce a thrill.  Given that if I had a large cancer in the pelvic region I would have expected other symptoms. Also again a negative CT within the last two years.

The reassuring thing from these posts is that no one has indicated that this symptom was ultimately found to be caused by a life threatening disease process (eg. cancer, aneurism (aneurysm)).  It is also reassuring to see that much younger men and women have had the same symptoms.  They are obviously much less likely to have vascular problems or cancer.

The best explanation I have found on the posts has been the theory that the symptom has been caused by positional factors leading to nerve or muscle dysfunction locally.  Various individuals have talked about excessive sitting, riding motorcycles and stationary bicycles and I have a new one to add.  A year and a half ago I started working towards my private pilot's license.  The position I sit in puts pressure in my perineal (between anus and scrotum) region and lets just say that there are times when I am quite tense.  Recently (in October) I started flying a lot more, just before the symptoms started again.  I had not flown from April to Sept due to a shoulder operation in April.  

As far as the ideas about vitamins and prostatitis causing this symptom my opinion is that anything is possible but these have not been associations I have observed in over twenty years of practice.
It is always worth a trial of removing the potentially causative factor such as the vitamins and seeing if the symptom resolves.  If it does try going back on the vitamins and see if it reoccurs.  The same process should work when you are taking something such as over the counter magnesium or potassium.  If the symptom clears up after taking the medication for awhile stop the medication and see if it recurs after stopping.  Sometimes things just clear up on their own and it may not be associated with what we think has just worked.  There is also the ever present placebo effect.  Do not try experimenting with over the counter products if you are on other medications (such as blood pressure medicines) as it may create problems.

Anyways, I appreciate all of the work that individuals have made to try to understand this bothersome symptom.  It has helped me.

My recommendations are that you should see your physician about the symptoms if they persist for more than two weeks.  If they are associated with any other symptom such as urinary difficulties, pain, discharge etc. you need to be seen urgently.  I do not think that your physician will have seen this complaint much.  I haven't.  It is obviously out there but not something very many people come to the physician for in my area.  Therefore, in my opinion a complete exam including prostate and if female pelvic, urinalysis, CBC, CMP, PSA and in some situations an ultrasound of the lower abdomen and pelvis would be appropriate.  I am going to get an ultrasound of the lower abdomen and pelvis if the symptom persists.  It appears to be getting better just talking about it.

As far as treatment, you will have to try and see what works for you.  I think that trying to alter your sitting position with or without the circular pillow, avoidance of activities that are thought to cause the problem are the only things I can reliably recommend.  I am going to try some stretching exercises for the upper legs and groin region, buttock region and lower abs.  As far as the flying, maybe another cushion but I'm not going to stop.

In the typical medicolegal jargon of the day, see a doctor if it does not get better and don't try anything I have recommended here without talking to your doctor.  Sorry about the length of this post.
Well, I am glad I found this forum...I have had this weird buzzing vibration in my penis for about 5 days.  Lasts for about 2 seconds, EVERY 5-7 seconds and is really hard to ignore at times, especially when just laying around relaxing. No pain, no other symptoms. It actually went away for 1 day and I jumped for joy...but was back the next day and has not stopped now for 2 days.  I cant believe how many have posted here without any reconciliation or hint of a decent diagnosis...?!? Are we to suffer forever with this
" penis vibration syndrome?"

I think i found a CURE!!!!!

Ok.. I have been on this forum and read everything... about 5 weeks ago it started..annyoing the hell out of me.. i cut 5 hour energy drink , i did drive 8 hours prior to that day and that could have triggered it.. who know.. but what i do  know is last night as usuall it was buzzing like it always does (for the last 5 weeeks !!).. so i decided to open a bottle of wine  and  take  a BATH not a shower , but a bath!! .. i had pretty good buzz.. and the water was HOT..now i stress it was borderline  unbearable hot..but i sucked it up and stayed in the bath for 20 minutes.. my Nuts were loose  and i was just relaxing.. anywho.. after the bath..i had sex with my wife (lasted about  25 minutes ) and went to sleep ..woke up this morning.. nothing???? no buzzing nothing!!!!! it has been 9 hours so far and nothing.. i know its premature.. but its completely GONE!!.

Now guys .. is it a coincendence?? i really dont think so!!!  My thought is that the HOT *** WATER..  loosened up or  did something.. to whatever muscle was causing the vibrations!!!

PLEASE IF YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THIS.. TRY THE HOT BATH FOR 20 MINUTES OR SO.. make sure the water is as hot as you can handle without burning yourself!!   and just to eliminate any other doubts.. please either jerk off or have sex with your lady .. im just trying to give you the steps that worked for me!!!

I hope this helps

Hello, you have a call from your pants...

This sensation just started for me last night. I often would get the "Phantom Ring" sensation in my legs muscle and associated it with a cell phone. The ironic thing was I had this random sensation last night and mentioned it to my girlfriend whom also commented on having the sensation from time to time.

After our conversation we converged onto a few bottles of wine and then into sex. She stimulated me through the anus which has never been done to me before. After sex, I noticed that same cell phone feeling only now it was...
...in the tip of my penis, on the left side and has a slight vibration to it. It is constant and last for about 2 seconds and pauses for 5.

I have a great back and no nerve pain. I don't take vitamins and I am a 30 yr. old guy living in AZ.

From what I have read it sounds like there is no known cause and would make a great comedy bit, kind like the **** shiver (when you shake when your done peeing)

I think its related to a swollen prostate pressing on a nerve. Nerves are funny things, I have a number of tattoos and can tell you that the pain associated with them often is felt in other areas of the body. For example, when getting my should tatt'd, I felt the pain in the back of my head at the base of my skull.

I only ramble all this because your nerves travel down your spine and branch out at the base (duh, I know...) so naturally if your prostate was swollen it would apply pressure and cause all kinds of strange sensations.

I am going to try the hot bath thing and stay away from any new stimulation in that region, Ill let you know my results!

Cheers!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum.  I woke up on 1/6/09 with this tingling/vibration on the head of my penis and couldn't figure out what was going on.  This forum allowed me to see that it wasn't serious, it wasn't going to last forever, and that it was probably related to compressed nerves (or something like that).

Personal data:
   I am 60 years old.  Live in Texas.  Take a liquid vitamin/mineral/amino acid/fatty acid supplement every morning.  I exercise 5-7 days per week.  I retired from a desk job one year ago.  I was used to sitting for long stretches of time working on my computer.  I continue to do that at home, but I am sitting in a different chair - lest ergonomic.  I was at my job for 36 years.  I do not ride a motorcycle or bicycle.  I don't have my cell phone in my pockets very often.

Symptoms:
   The vibration duration was 2 seconds with about a 1 second rest period.  It continued all day and all night, I'm sure.  It was fairly faint.  I noticed it most when I was sitting or standing still.  Any activity would take my mind off of it and I wouldn't notice it unless I concentrated on it.

Theory:
   I believe it is a nerve issue that is caused by improper posture, especially when sitting for extended periods of time.  I have no medical training so take it for what it is worth.

Cure:
   I think the best solutions are the hot bath and the donut cushion.  It is possible it will go away by itself.  Having said that, yesterday (1/8/09) I did not take my vitamin/mineral supplement.  I also was on my feet a great deal of the day and did not sit at my computer from 11:00 am until 9:30 pm.  That evening the vibration was gone.  I took my vitamin/mineral supplement this morning.  I also bought a donut cushion yesterday and have used it today while sitting at my computer.  It has been 24 hours since I felt anything unusual down there, so I am hopeful it is gone for good.

I'll let you know if it comes back.  Meanwhile I hope this has been helpful and that everyone has success in their treatment.      
My boyfriend told me about this vibrating sensation last night at dinner.  He said that this happened about a week ago but he didn't think anything of it until today when he excused himself from a patient to take a cell phone call and it turned out to be his penis vibrating.  When I researched his symptoms, it came back with something called "prostatitis" which means inflammation of the prostate and there are a few different kinds (look up prostatitis and you will find them).  The post (from a urologist practicing in the clinical field for 34 years) said that the causes could be from too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, withdraw at the time of ejaculation, aggressive bike or horse back riding, and excessive spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine in the diet can predispose you to this.  Sitting for long periods of time, especially in an automotive vehicle, can put undo pressure on the prostate and aggravate the condition.  Coincidentally, my boyfriend was trying to cut back on masturbating because he hasn't been able to ejaculate while we are having sex only while masturbating...but he also has high blood pressure, eats spicy foods and foods that has a lot of sodium in it, drinks a decent amount of caffeine every day (at least 3 cups of caffeinated coffee or tea), and drives around to see patients nearly half the day.  His easy fix was to increase his masturbation (of course) and not his diet but I thought that it would be foolish to change one factor and not the others.  I wanted him to go see the doctor Does anyone else here have these same symptoms??? Here is the post address that I got this information from

First I must say, Thank You for all who contributed to the thread. I would still be freaked out by this had I not known others are/have experience(d) this annoying vibration in my groin.

I am a very active (marathon-type) 46yo monogamous(10+ years) HIV+ gay white male in the Midwest. I have Complete Blood Counts regularly, as well have recently had a ct scan and MRI as well PSA and prostrate(family history) exam. Mostly asymptomatic.

This started over a week ago. A few days after it started, I shared the sensation with my partner. Expecting to be humiliated, he too could feel my vibrations. So I knew it wasn't just my imagination. Now he confesses to have had similar sensations since I first shared my knowledge with him. He's confident it will go away sometime.Obviously it isn't as annoying to him as me. It bugs the Hell out of me.

I am so sorry for all of you who have had this problem! I hope we can figure this out soon! Thanks again for reassuring me so I don't go out and get all those expensive tests done again! Particularly, thanks to all the Dr's that have contributed.
Hey it's nice to be here just vibrating for the first time and all! Just started vibtating today after walk in breezy sunshine 45 degrees F. The vibration is in the little muscle on the "top" of the penis between the meatus and less sensitive shaft area, under the wrinkly part. I too just today lifted a heavier than usual object (luckily the tote full of liquid containers has handles.) I have screwed up my feet too and today twisted the wrong way while exiting the job and I was in a hurry. I have a muscle spasm in the left foot's seperate big toe arches area. I've had very painful back pain in the past with drugs and excercise and chiropractic therapy without end in sight. I had a nap today on my lunch time at work when; I was actually meditating seated in a chair and fell into a nap with my head drooping towards the lap three seperate times. I don't use any over the counter medication if at all possible. I take supplements; magnesium for muscle spasm help, a multivitamin, an seperate all herbal multivitamin, fiber, and vitamin "c."  I will follow up any comments here and BTW this thread is a hell of a good thing to have! And by god if this discussion isn't working things out so the vibration just quit! Praise God!
LOL. Funny, I never commented that before, but it seems these vibrations are very common by the amount of guys talking here. I had the same. I just noticed that they occur more often when I practice biking for long periods. Probably only muscle spams. But you are right, the sensation is exaclty as a cell phone on Vibracall in your pocket.
I noticed a lot of you guys talking about biking, that might be it, only spams from the sport.
Let me know if some other diagnose comes up. I live in Brazil.
Okay, so I am really not crazy.  I remember first hearing about this while listening to "Supersize Me" by Morgan Spurlock, and laughing like crazy because I thought it was ridiculous...  buzzing in penis, haha.  Anyway, I started experiencing the same thing.  it went on for a couple of months for perhaps 3 or 4 seconds at a time.  Annoying but not really something I worried about.  I have since started going back to the gym, watching what I eat, and doing mma.  Problem solved.  Anyway, I bought some bagels yesterday at Panera Bread, as well as two tubs of cream cheese (sundried tomatoe is great).  I had a bagel last night, and one this morning, each with a very large amount of cream cheese.  Driving to work this morning, buzzing came back.  I have no idea what it could be but I am thinking that it might have something to do with the "large" consumption of fat, or something in the cream cheese.  Or I could just be reaching and it is something else.  However, in "Supersize Me", Spurlock did mention a correlation between fat and the buzzing.  What do you think?
Nice to find this. This vibration thing just started with me today and I was really worried.
The strangest thing was it wasn't painful. Just annoying.  Buzz for 6 seconds. Stop for 20 seconds. Repeat. I take Centrum Cardio twice daily. I noticed a few of you mentioned that you took a centrum product as well. I hadn't for a while, but I recently began riding my exercise bike again. I have been feeling a lot of stress at work as well, lately. I have been working to control my blood pressure by changing my diet in about January, and really fell off of it in the last couple of weeks. I just started back on my diet this week. Monday to be specific.
I was really relieved to, 1) find this discussion I see that I'm not alone, and 2) find that the condition seems to go away on it's own.
Looks like I have new motivation to keep to my diet.
I sent my doctor an e-mail about the sensations. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.
This place was definitely a godsend for me.
Interesting forum! Weird that there isn't more medical information about this! I just discovered the buzzing the last couple days. If it is a posture thing maybe stretching and/or yoga could help. I go in and out of doing yoga, so I might try that as well as the hot bath. I have been having some back pain due to sleeping on my stomach. That too could be a culprit....

Thanks!
I'm 33 years old and I too have the buzzing penis syndrome.  Maybe lack of use...  just kidding.  I started running, biking and lifting on a regular basis recently to try to get into shape for my divorce.  I've been taking vitamins and eating a lot of protein.  I hope this is the source of this aggravation.  
I have read a lot of the comments on vitamins.
I can tell you i have experienced this for a while, on and off now.
I take NO pills of any kind.
I  think its a lower spine issue. read some things on getting a sacrum adjustment and people said it solved it,I'm going to a chriorpractor soon and will update.
I had this sensation 2 years ago and subsequently it went away after a double hernia procedure. It was difficult to describe it to others but this thread is very accurate. Recently it has returned but not as noticeable a vibration. The first thing that I thought about was another hernia - but it does not appear that I have another one. Has anyone else connected it to hernias - tearing of the tissue??? The cell phone ideas are interesting but where else does a man carry his cell phone??? The L4 L5 problems could be accurate for me since I am in constant care for those areas of the spine. Sitting long periods seems to bring it on also. Prostate issues could be connected also since I have had a recent 3/4 months ago biopsy (25 samples!) that was negative. Thanks for all of the sharing. This is definitely a topic not researched or discussed much.
Holy cow, we could start our own support group. Thank God for Google, huh?

I am 32 years old, monogamous and married. I am also an avid heavy-weight lifter and slightly neurotic about my diet (on the good side). I am very physically active, take plenty of supplements (multi-vitamin included), train in Krav Maga and MMA, and drink plenty of water. I have had back pain for about 6 years. A year ago I had both a Lumbar and a Thoracic MRI and the results came back negative for any nerve impingement. I see a chiropractor fairly regularly.

My buzzing started about a month ago. Intermittent buzzing is what I get. On-again-off-again lasting about 1 second each. Carries on for a good amount of time. Very annoying. I might go to a doctor this week to see if I can get something figured out.

Have any of you guys experienced an increase in your frequency of urination? I ask because any water I drink seems to literally go right through me. I was wondering if it could be kidney related.

Thank you to everyone for posting.
Ahh.  The buzzing is now gone!  Haven't had it in months.  I realize now that the sensation occurred shortly after I fell very hard onto my sacrum while walking on the ice at a skating rink!  I truly believe that all who have blamed lower back issues were right on the money.  My bruised sacrum has since healed and I have no more buzzing sensation!  Good luck to all of your dancing penises out there and may all of them get the love and attention they deserve!
Viewing 1-200 comments: