3 week headache
3 weeks ago I woke up with a strong tingly sensation in the front of my head. the headache makes me sensitive to sound and light, but they are not unbearable. mostly its a throbbing pain, but it feels like a lot of pressure inside, so much that my ears keep popping. im confused, dizzy and disoriented, and the back of my head, specially on my left side behind the ear burns. ive been to the doctor and all she tells me is that its a migraine out of control, but 20 days later i'm starting to wonder. ct scan, blood work are all normal. the neurologist put me on steroids for a week, but they didnt help, and now she wants me to go on a 10-day anti-inflammatory treatment. i tried physical theraphy also, but there's nothing wrong with my neck. finally, i tried accupunture, which seemed to help, but the pain is not going anywhere.
any ideas of what it could be? i need help!

In the absence of any significant findings in your CT scan and blood tests, the diagnosis of migraine without aura in your case may be highly probable.

Other differentials will also be a cervicogenic headache or headaches caused by disorders of the spine , occipital neuralgia and sinus headaches.

At this point have you had your cervical spine assesed. Has your physician evaluated you along this line?

Occipital neuralgia refers to pain usually localized at the back of the head.This may be associated with a previous head injury.Do you have any of these?

If your headaches had been present almost everyday for the past 3 weeks, I suggest that you discuss with your physician the advantages of preventive migraine therapy. You may be having chronic daily headaches which started initially as migraine headaches. If headaches are present for more than 15 days a month for longer than 3 months then this may be considered a chronic headache. Chronic daily headaches may initially start as tension or migraine headaches.