Migraines & Headaches Community
Can't get rid of this headache!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Can't get rid of this headache!

I've had a headache for 8 days now and it won't go away. I'm in pain and I'm frustrated. It started last Sunday in the back of my head and moved tot he top and has been there ever since. I went to the hospital the other night for a CT Scan because I was scared. The CT scan came back fine. But the headache is STILL here. Excedrin, Vicodin, Percocet...nothing is helping. Sometimes it will help for a bit but the headache comes back. I guess I should make an appointment with my neurologist. Any ideas what this could be? I've had migraines before but never for this many days. HELP!
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? It is good that the CT scan was fine. This could be due to primary headaches such as cluster headache which presents with daily headaches and associated eye pain. It could also be due to hemicrania continua which is a rare form of chronic headache. Physical exertion and alcohol use may increase the severity of headache pain in some patients. Intake of OTC pain medications may also cause rebound headaches. Check with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.