Hemiplegic Migraine with seizure like symtpoms
In March I was diagnosed with Hemiplegic Migraine.  My bad spells have gotten worse and appear to be full on seizures. The thing is that while I may not be able to communicate during them I am aware of what is happening.  I can hear the people around me though they sound far away. Some times I am able to open my eyes but other times not. Is any one else aware during their seizure activities?  I sometimes feel that the doctors think I am making all of this up because they said if it were really a seizure I would be unconscious. Just looking to see if this is unique to me or if anyone else experiences awareness during seizure?

v/r,
Amanda
Hi Amanda,
How are you? Migraines are usually unpredictable and unique to each person. Hemiplegic migraines may indeed present with numbness, weakness, loss of balance and coordination, dizziness, extreme sensitivity to light, sound, and smell as well as decreased consciousness or coma.  To rule out if there is seizure, additional diagnostic tests such as EEG may be indicated. It is best  that you talk to your attending physician about this also for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
I also have Hemiplegic Migraines and they are different every time. However, I sometimes have episodes where I can see people around me and am sometimes aware that they are talking to me but it sounds muffled so I cannot understand what they are saying, also I cannot always respond or if I do my husband says I don't make much sense.  Generally my right eye is droopy or closed.