Migraines & Headaches Community
Horrible headace with hurting eyes

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Horrible headace with hurting eyes

My sinus has been feeling like its burning everytime I breath in, I've been getting massive headaches, to where my eyes hurt. But the thing is it's only on one side of my head the right side and my right eye has been hurting. When I talk I feel my eyes watering up, I feel like I'm going to cry when I talk. I just want to lay down and I've been extremelly sleepy lately also. I went to sleep at 10ish one night and woke up at like 8 in the morning those 10 hours of sleep, I was still sleepy later in the day. I only get really sleep when I am sick and/or don't feel good. I don't know what it is. I have terrible allergies and the pollen count is ridiculous where I live and we also have multipule trees in the yard and the fact that I go to a campus high school doesn't help and it's spring. I heard that this spring would be horrible for people with allergies, but idk if its my allergies. I have never had a headache like this before. I'm not sensitive to light at all, I just wanted to put that out. And I feel like I'm seeing floaters out of my right eye from these horrible headaches. I think I need to go to the doctor and such, but can someone just tell me what might be going on? I don't wanna put a label on it and it not be what I think it is. I'm soo confused, please help.
Hi Babe,
You poor thing. I am not a doctor but have suffered with sinusitis and it's sooo painful. I think, and I'm only a lay person, that you have a mix of things going on. I think it sounds like you have an infection in your sinuses combined with horrible hay fever. It can give you big, rubbish headaches. If I were you, I would go to the doc, say you think you may have a sinus infection, especially as you're sleeping so much which might well be due to the infection. Also,  say that you think the allergy is compounding the terrible discomfort but you feel that you need an antibiotic for the sinusitis first to see if that relieves anything. Obviously, you also need an antihist but, to my thinking, if you get rid of the sinus prob at least you can see what's left. The headaches may well be associated- see if it's worse when you bend down, mine is always worse- but I would do one thing at a time.
All this angst is not helping you either so don't put it off another minute. Go today. I can hear that you're scared so see that doc and get started on some proactive cure. You can't do any studying in that state so that's extra stress. If you are still suffering headaches after the sinus has cleared up and the allergies are controlled, go back and nag the doc for an MRI. for  your own reassurance. If he/ she thinks you're making too much of it remind him/her that it's your body and you need to know what's happening to it. Good  luck. Go Now!