Lancinating pain in back left part of head.
Hi All

Hope someone can help with some advice with my problem.

The past 3 days I have had a sharp shooting pain (lancinating) in the back left part of my head, it start about an inch above my neck and shoots up about 3-4 inches past the left of my crown. The shooting pain only lasts about 1-2 seconds (not much I know), but they seem to come in waves where it will pain for the 1-2seconds go away and afew seconds later another shooting pain will occur. It has been occurring randomly and each time it happens I do flinch and it hurts allot. There doesn't seem to be a singular trigger for the pain, however when I run my fingers through my hair the pain does seem to get triggered, but not always.

It doesn't interrupt my sleep and no medication I have taken has made a difference thus far. Last night I started getting a pain behind the ear (that little gap between your jaw, ear and skull) with the shooting pains, and now today (day 3) I am getting a constant headache (a very slight one, but getting worse) in my left tempel area along with the Lancinating pains.

It isn't to serious at the moment and I can still survive/function and my colleagues at work are finding it funny (they have a weird sense of humor) every time I flinch when the shooting pain waves hit me.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Hendrik
aka Rigor
Since this has been going on for 3 days now, I would suggest going to a doctor just to get it checked out. If something doesn't go away with home treatment after 3 days, I usually think it's a good idea to go to a doctor to get it checked out... especially if it's something you've never experienced before.
I have the same pains, usually in my head but sometimes in my leg or some other part of the body.  Today, its on the right side of the top of my head and when it hits, I just about yell out loud.  It's probably a nerve thing but I would like to hear from someone who has figured out what to do about it