Migraines & Headaches Community
Please help pain pressure in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Please help pain pressure in head

Hello my name is Travis. I am 21 years old and have been experiencing very scary symptoms for the past couple years now. Every time i hit a strong bump in the road or do anything that send a vibration through my body up to my head i feel a sharp pain on the sides of the back of my head. Anything from making a tackle in football or punching a heavy bag or even biting down on a hard piece of candy will trigger the pain that im feeling. I have noticed that if i hit my jaw not even hard even if i merely tap it i feel the pain or if i hit the back sides of my head with my hands i also feel the pain. Its not like im sitting there pounding myself in the jaw and head i don't use a lot of force and it still triggers the pain so i def know its not normal. Also if i jump up and down or jog in place i feel the pain in the back of my head to. It is a very scary feeling because it has effected my life on a day to day basis. Ive been to a neurologist and had an mri of my spine and head done and both came back normal. I don't know were else to turn and it amazes me that even biting down on hard candy can aggravate whatever it is that is bothering me. The other major thing that is bothering is that i feel like my vision just isn't right at all. Its not blurry or double vision its extremely hard to explain. It almost feels like my brain isn't taking everything in. Almost like im physically here but my mind isn't. Idk how to explain it but its ef not normal. Itrs like a dizzy kind of feeling. I happen to notice that when i smoke marijuana everything gets 10 times worse...i feel that sharp jolt of pain more ofen and also my vision symptoms get worse. I smokes for 3 years straight and never had a problem and just now i cant even take more than 2 hits without getting dizzy and my vision messing up and feeling these sharp jolts of pain. I know that marijuana isnt causing it totally because this happened to me in 2008 before i smoked pot and then it went away in 2009. Then for all of 2009 2010 and 2011 i was completely fine....2012 was on and off and since November 2012 it just hasn't gon away. It amazes me that smoking marijuana increases all my symptoms though? Someone please help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that you were able to see your doctor and the imaging studies showed normal findings. The symptoms could indeed be associated with medication side effect. Use of marijuana can cause dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dry or red eyes, heart and blood pressure problems, lung problems, impaired mental functioning, headache, dizziness, numbness, panic reactions, hallucinations, flashbacks, depression, and even sexual problems. To rule out eye issues, a referral to an ophthalmologist may also help. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.