Sharp, short pain in head
I occasionally experience a very sharp pain in the top right side of my head, It lasts for 2 - 5 seconds, then goes away. I have no other noticeable affects at the time either before or after. It is not real frequent, but happens about once a month or so. Is this a common ailment? Does it require medical testing for something more serious?
How are you? Ice pick headaches present with sharp stabbing, intensely painful headaches which are typically are very short, lasting between 5 and 30 seconds. This type of headache is more likely to occur in people with migraine or cluster headaches. This is considered as a primary headache because there is no underlying cause and they are not considered dangerous or indicative of a serious disorder. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.