Stabbing pain in temple
Hi, I've been having shooting/stabbing pains in my temple area on right side for the last couple of days.  It comes and goes.  I've been sneezing a lot and my allergies are bothering me.  Can it be from that?  Can it be anxiety?  I'm leaving for a trip and I'm so nervous about these symptoms, my anxiety is sky high.

I've read about ice pick headaches.  Don't really know if that could be it also.  I don't get a lot of headaches in general.  And this is like a shooting pain.

Any help so I can enjoy my family vacation?  Thank you.
Stress, stress, stress - what a bad thing for us.  Relax, its a only a family vacation.  I know its full of anxiety but don't it get to you.  It a time to enjoy and let go the stress.  I could be a migraine or just strain on your upper facial muscles.  Pay attention to see if you have your jaws clenched when you feel stressed.  This may give you the clue you seek.  And don't be afraid to talk to your Physician if it continues.  Good luck and enjoy (please) your vacation.  Some people don't get these opportunities.
How are you? Allergies usually cause generalized headache, nasal congestion and watery eyes. It could be from stress and anxiety. Ice pick headaches are stabbing pain lasting for a few seconds only.Try to rest, relax, identify the possible triggers and enjoy your vacation. Wishing you good health. Take care and do keep us posted.
i have the same condition when i get my migraines. i told my doctors at the michigan head pain clinic and they told me that i may have a jaw misalignment. i went into physical therapy for my shoulder and included my jaw into it. you can develop trigger points on your face, which you should talk to a doctor about. the TMJ muscle may be triggering the pains too.

of course, this may not be even close to what is wrong in your case. this is just from my experiences with my headaches.
have a good vacation & try to relax!

*best wishes,
kendra