Migraines & Headaches Community
Terrible Headaches with Tingling, Confusion and Dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I'll be 23 this year and am a female. I have been experiencing terrible headaches for the last two months. It would come so suddenly that I would have to grab on to something and brace myself. I have had a deep dull head pain daily but will suddenly experience the sharp pain randomly.  I also have been occasionally experiencing a weird sensation near my neck and left shoulder. It feels like a muscle spasm almost like something tightening and popping. When it happens I have a moment of hesitation since its such a weird sensation. I am constantly dizzy and have a hard time focusing.

I have also been experiencing tingling in my arm that goes down to my fingers. The headache pain is on the left side of my head mainly behind my ear. behind my left eye and the base of my neck. I experience tingling on my face and I start to get dizzy and confused. My left sinuses also seem swollen. My neck is super stiff and unfortunately I have a lifestyle that requires me to be constantly sitting at a desk.

I would go to the doctor, but I would have my insurance finalized for another month... It's already been two months and my headaches are persistent and I am experiencing confusion daily.  Please, if there are any suggestions I need to hear them.

Thanks!

Destiny
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

I would definitely go see a doctor as soon as you can.

But, in the meantime, there are a few things you can try...
1. For the dizziness...get some Meclizine 25 mg. You can take one 3 times daily as needed.
2. Take Excedrin for the pain. Even if you are just having the quick sharp pains, if it is often enough I would still take some because it will help.
3. The popping feeling is normal with migraines...it is actually caused by stress, which stress is a huge factor in migraines as well so, it all gets intertwined together.
4. The confusion is also caused by the migraines...the more migraines you get the more confusion and memory loss you will have. (I have trouble finding the right word or word I want to use.)
5. Use a bandanna or cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head. The pain of a migraine is caused by the blood vessels in your brain becoming dilated so, putting a BIT of pressure against those blood vessels gives a little relief. You can also rub Mentholatum across forehead and on temples and you can do that with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat.
6. Since you are using a computer a lot...get your eyes checked. If you need glasses or a different Rx than what you have that will also aggravate migraines.

Try these suggestions while you are waiting for your insurance to kick in and then DO go see a doctor just to be sure and rule out any other underlying issues you may be having.

Good luck and keep us posted!