Tightness in neck accompanied by headache
Here's my son's story last summer every morning he would crack his neck to loosen it up. But all cracking your does is loosen it for awhile andthen it tightens again making you want to crack it again. He stopped cracking his neck 3 months ago and has recently had headaches. Here are my theorys. Theory 1 his neck is not used to being not cracked daily and regularly and being tight so it creates a headache. Theory 2 his neck is not used to being tight for a long time and tries to loosen itself because he says he feels as if his neck feels tight yet swollen and soft and kind of stretched out. Yet tight deeper in his neck. So it has episodes and becomes soft and "swollen" or whatever and creates headaches. I was wondering how to fix this? By the way his headache only comes on the right side of his head above his eye. He also sometimes feels pain on his eye and the side of his head as well as the right back corner of his head but very rarely. But everytime he always feels the tightness in his neck and pain on the right side of his neck with the head ache coming above his eye.

How old is your son? I suggest a complete physical examination with an internist will be able to guide him.This may be a case of tension headaches, cervicogenic pain ( pain involving the cervical spine ) and migraine headaches.However, it is important to note any underlying medical conditions like an eye or sinus problem may also contribute to your son's symptoms.

Do stop him from 'cracking' his neck.This may cause some injuries to the spine and cause irritation or swelling of muscles, soft tissues and nerves if done frequently.

Do keep us posted regarding your physician's advise.