Unfamiliar Sharp Pain In Head
The past few days I've had re-occuring sharp pain on the left side of my head, near the temple area for the most part.  It comes & goes and only lasts for a second or two as the sharp pain just shoots around my temple area and leaves, almost pulse-like. It happens about once every 30 minutes to an hour.  I haven't had any recent head trauma and I've never had any kind of head pain quite like this, so I'm concerned as to what it is.

How old are you?

These sharp pains do not seem to last for a long time? Do they occur in bursts or in attacks?

Are there any associated tearing or redness of the eyes? Any nasal discharge?

Differentials for sharp pains that last for a short time are a paroxysmal hemicrania,hemicrania continua and cluster headaches.These type of headaches are usually associated with eye tearing or discharge, eye redness and nasal discharge.

It is best to have this checked and classified by your physician.A complete neurological examination and a baseline CT scan may be able to help.
FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW I'F BEEN HAVING THIS WEIRD PAIN NEAR THE TEMPLE IT IS TENDER WHEN YOU TOUCH. THEN FOR ABOUT TWO HOURS OR SO YOU CAN STIL FEEL A SHARP PAIN. I'M 25 YEARS OLD. I DO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS. I HAVE ARTIRITIS AND EVERY NOW AND AGAIN MIGRAINS. I NEVER HAD THIS PAIN BEFORE. I HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING, MOOD SWINGS AND I'M TIRED ALL THE TIME.