dizziness when closing my eyes and trying to sleep
I have been having trouble sleeping recently. Whenever i try to close my eyes and sleep I get dizzy. The dizziness sets in when I am about to doze of into sleep, but it goes away once i open my eyes. This problem has become more frequent now and I am spending sleepless nights. I have been diagnosed with mild gastritis and am on vertin tablets but the problem still persists.
Hi there,
There are several cause of dizziness while sleeping like labyrinthitis, ear infection, benign paroxysmal vertigo etc.Avoid large meals, caffeine, nicotine and alcohol before bedtime. Drink plenty of water and exercise daily. You need to see an ENT specialist and physician to check your symptoms. A complete evaluation is must for diagnosing your condition. Treatment will depend on the cause. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Thanks a lot :) I went to an ENT and there was nothing wrong with my ears... i have been diagnosed with anxiety problem. That's the reason for my dizziness. And btw all my reports came out to be normal...