Migraines & Headaches Community
drunk feeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

drunk feeling

i have had feelings of being drunk and disorientated for the past few months when i wake every morning. it goes away in the afternoon and evening...but returns every morning. Other symptoms i  also experience from morning to evening are: all day headaches, im easily irritated by my kids and family also have experienced minor loss of vision and clumbsiness. i haven't been drinking for about a year so it is not a hang over. please if anyone can assist please let me know where i can get started researching these ailments...thanks.
That could be a blood sugar issue... feeling drunk and disoriented is often a sign that blood sugar is not right. Do you have diabetes anywhere in your family? If you do, it is VERY important that you make an appointment with your doctor immediately as waking up with signs of abnormal glucose levels followed by an all-day headache could be a sign that you have diabetes too, type 2 diabetes, although it has only shown up later in life which is actually very normal for type 2 diabetes.

If you do not have any diabetes in your family anywhere (no grandparents or aunts or uncles have ever had it) then... I don't know what this could be... but, it sounds like you should really make an appointment with your family doctor anyway as these symptoms do not sound good.

Actually, in first aid, we learned that loss of vision and clumsiness can be signs of an emergency and we are required to strongly suggest  to the person that they should go to emergency services in these situations... unless the person loses consciousness for even a moment, in which case we are required to alert emergency services ourselves. Although, I am assuming you are not currently experiencing vision loss at the moment, so you do not have to go to emergency at the moment if you are not experiencing symptoms anymore... but, if it ever happens again, please go to emergency as it could be a sign of something very serious and you should get immediately medical attention and care for symptoms such as vision loss and clumsiness if these are new undiagnosed symptoms.