severe headaches with cysts appearing on neck
My son gets severe headaches on almost a daily basis and has for over 10 years now.  The last 4 days he has had a severe migraine.  He had 2 cysts on the right side of his neck for years but suddenly, following this last episode, 4 more cysts appeared on his neck near the other ones and they seem to be getting bigger.  The headache is in a band around his head (like you would wear a bandana).  I have never heard of anything occurring like this before.  Has anyone ever experienced this or had this problem?  
How is your son? Tension headaches are associated with dull, non-throbbing bilateral pain, associated with tightness of scalp or neck. This type of primary headache is mainly due to emotional stress or underlying depression. Rest, ice packs, avoidance of stress, muscle relaxants and pain medications may help provide relief. The cysts may be due to inflammation of the lymph nodes in his neck that needs to be checked by his doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.