Migraines & Headaches Community
tension headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

tension headaches

has anyone had such bad tension headaches that it makes your eyes droop on one side and feels like you have pain in your ears....
Hello Dear,
Tension headaches may cause drooping of eye lids .It mainly occurs as a result of some stress or psychological reason.Tension headaches can also be accompanied by ocular migraines causing such neurological symptoms. It is usually temporary but you need to adapt healthy life style and prevent stressful events to avoid such attacks.
Best

dr simran

have people had luck with using depression meds or accupunture... i noticed when i dont have the tension headaches which is rare.. but i am not depressed.. so i really want to try accupuncture.. what do you think??  i am more stressed about the headaches than anything i guess... kind of a catch 22
Hello Dear,
You can try acupuncture,it is found effective I many cases and reduces the attacks..Try to reduce stress,develop a regular sleep pattern. Do not be anxious and hope for the best.Meditation  will help increasing your confidence and divert your attention.You can do massage ,take multivitamins and do neck stretching exercises.
Best
"Tension headaches can also be accompanied by ocular migraines causing such neurological symptoms"  

I am so relieved to read the above...I thought I was going crazy.  I have had a headache for 2 1/2 weeks now and it started as a tension headache with a lot of neck pain and now I am having eye pain, blurred vision, flashy vision, one small gray spot in my vision, pain in temple, dizziness.  The only thing that is constant is the blurred vision.

I kept looking up symptoms of tension headache and it said noting about the vision stuff which had me freaked out.  

I hhve also had a x-ray of neck. MRI of neck and MRI of brain with and without contrast and everything came back fine except slight loss of curve in neck.  Doctor thinks the neck stuff is muscular but the headaches are what is driving me nuts.  

I also read something about giant cell arteritis which scared me because I am having burning up my neck.  But I guess I am too young to have that because I am only 27 and I am in pretty good health.  What do you think?

I have an appointment with a neuro-opthamologist in Dec.

Thanks!!!