worse after second round of botox
i have been diagnosed with chronic daily migraines and cluster migraines. i had botox and the first time it did wonders and i felt great. i had the second round of botox about 4 months ago and its been awful.. my migraines have been so sever and im getting more cluster migraines now. i have called my migraine spealist and go see her next month. i have trouble exercising as it make my migraines hurt so bad im layed up for a day or two. my migraine spealist told me exercise was good for the migraines and it will get better in time but i cant handle even starting .. i have had 2 pit tumors and had crainotomy and gamma knife in 6yrs time. ive been on alot of meds and nothing really helps and i even take 1600mg gabapentin daily..any advice on the botox ,, exercise ? thanks so much
There are over 300 types of headaches. Getting a proper diagnosis is paramount to getting treatment that might help.

i am also a pituitary patient. My headaches began when I had transphenoidal surgery. There are so many nerves that can be damaged from these surgeries.

What seems to be helping me at the moment is having radio frequency ablation of some of the facial nerves that were damaged. This stuns the nerve for up to six months, kind of like Botox. But it lasts longer. Procedures like this in conjunction with the right meds can help.

I think that seeing a proper neurologist who specializes in headaches will be a good step for you.

I hope that you are able to get some relief.

Horselip
Sometimes the Botox just doesn't work, but that doesn't mean it won't work again.  That's what I've been told by 3 different neurologists.  But you should see if you can get your next dose of the Botox sooner.  I get mine every 10 weeks.  Yes, exercise can help migraines, but only if they are not too bad.  Then the slightest exercise will increase them.  I know from my own experience and my neurologist who is board certified in neurology as well as pain management has confirmed this to me.  Also I've read the reasons on-line.  If your headache specialist won't increase the frequency of your Botox injections, I would get on the waiting list to see another neurologist who does perform them.  Good luck.