Miscarriages Community
7 weeks 5 days pregnant bleeding & cramping & clotting.

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I'm 7 weeks & 4 days pregnant and about a week ago I had brown spotting, which the doctor said is fine, just implantation bleeding. Since then it's changed from brown spotting to pinky white to bright red and heavier, the cramping has gotten worse and I've been passing bigger and bigger clots since
I started bleeding. I went back to the docs who sent me to emergency and they took my bloods which I have to match up in a week to see if everythings ok but I can't wait. I sstarted spotting 5 days ago and now it's cramping to the point that I can't sleep and big clots. Is this a miscarriage??
From ur description it sounds like a loss ..however keep ur faith that things will be ok an wait for your blood results ..they're measuring your hcg levels which should be increasing daily ..that blood test will tell you everything you need to kno ..is this your first pregnancy ??
It does like a miscarriage, unfortunately. All you can do is wait till you get your blood tests repeated and if the hormone levels have dropped in that week then it would show it was a miscarriage. The doctors would need to do an ultrasound too to check if anything is still in there. Unless you're bleeding that heavily that you're filling a pad in an hour, there isn't much else you can do but ride it out. If you are bleeding and filling a pad in a hour then you would need to go back to the ER. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Just after I posted this I had a bleed and a clot the size of a golfball, I've had a miscarriage. I'm in ER now. May need a d&c. Thanks for your help. Appreciated.
And I was filling a night time pad every 15 minutes
oh gosh that is a lot of bleeding. But even if you had gone to the ER sooner - once a miscarriage starts, sadly there is no way to stop it. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had a missed miscarriage (baby stopped growing but didn't pass out from my body) and I just had a d&c last week. The procedure is fine, and gets rid of everything so you'll have very little pain and bleeding afterwards. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thankyou.
OMG am so sorry. I really feel for you. I had a miscarriage this Jan & only found out on my 12 week scan ( silent miscarriage).

You will go through every emotion possible and u need to get it out ur system. The D&C is nothing to worry about at all, am a right wimp and i found it fine :-)

After the D&C will u bleed for about 2 weeks, some people bleed for a few days or a week, just depends, and after than u periods may be shorter or a longer cycle, my cycle is 33 days, which is normal and now am 21-22 days. In time or within a few months they will settle down.

If u have any questions u can email me on ***@****. It's important to talk to someone who has gone through it already.

I hope to start trying again maybe next month, and i pray it never happens again.

I am sure u will be ok next time round, fingers crossed for us both!

Miscarriages are normally a one off freak thing, but it can happen again, but it's said that most women on average are normally ok.

I will show a response that I received from a fertilty specialist, see below:

First, I would like to tell you that I am aware of how devastating can be to have a miscarriage. This is quite unfortunate and happens to 10% of women  (this percentage could be a bit  higher depending on the age).  The chances of having a second miscarriage are small as most of the miscarriages happen because of genetic alterations that occur randomly on the formed embryo.

The higher the number of previous miscarriages and the older the woman, the more chances of having a recurrent miscarriage. So, having had one, is not likely that this is going to happen again.

You could also check your ovulation at home ( with a ovulation kit that you can get at the pharmacy) and then count how many days are between the day of ovulation and the next period. If it is less than 10 days, you can suspect a short luteal phase and you might benefit from some progesterone supplementation.

As I said earlier, most of the miscarriages are sporadic.

Hopefully that answer your questions and give you some reassurance.

sorry my email address is: ***@****
I am so sorry to hear about your loss back in March. I am currently going through the same symptoms - I believe that I am miscarrying the baby (once again, as had a miscarriage last year at 6 weeks), am sat here after being in A&E twice over the past 24 hours, had a scan which noted a pregnancy then started bleeding with bad pains, only bleeding when I have a pain and have a wee otherwise no bleeding on pad!!  I'm not positive at all about my pregnancy, doesn't help that I'm 40 either!1 :-(
im am really sorry this is happing i have just had a miscary last week. I thought i was 8weeks+ started light to heavy bleeding no pain. Went for an emergency scan which found a baby at 5weeks+ with no heart beat nurse said maybe a miscary or i had the dates wrong and to come back next week, in that week i started cloting but still no pain and then what looked like a small baby came out i relised i had miscaried but still no pain and then 6days later no bleeding?? Sorry for your lost and all you can do is hope that it happens again dont focuse your mind on it, let it just happen and remember it wasnt ment to be this time x x