Chemical pregnancy?
About 3 weeks ago, I started feeling those familiar symptoms of pregnancy: soreness, "sensitive nose,"  food aversions, crazy dreams, etc. At first, I wrote it off to hormonal imbalances, and didn't think in my wildest dreams I'd be pregnant, since I had a tubal ligation 5 yrs ago. I thought it was pms, but something told me to take one of those cheap HPTs. I did, and  a very, very faint line was on the positive side. I thought I'd retest in a few days, since with my other children, I always had a very clear result. And I thought chances of it were highly unlikely pregnant anyhow....so I doubted it was positive. I retested 4 days later, and it was negative. The next day, I got what I thought was my period. I didnt think anything more of the test....Given i had a tubal ligation, I thought nothing more of it...My flow was MUCH lighter than usual...Just spotting and not much else..I typically am not regular (thank you pcos) and my periods are VERY heavy, and I clot...a lot. It's not uncommon to go through an ultra tampon in an hour.
I'm in my mid thirties, so I figured it's just that time when my body is changing a bit. I stopped menstruating after 3 days, which was again unusual...I usually last at least a week. Then I started again, and it was heavy, as usual.
But, my clots were larger, a different texture/color. I also had the worst cramps ever. And that's the truth. Like they were labor cramps in intensity....I'm still spottting after more than  2 1/2 weeks of bleeding, and lower abdomen is tender to touch. I heard that these were all symptoms of a chemical pregnancy. I looked at ovulation dates, and timing could  very well have been right.
I guess my question is, has anyone  has a similar experience, and is there any way to prove it was a pregnancy? I feel like by now, there wouldn't be any pregnancy hormone in my body, if there was hardly any to begin with, as indicated by HPT.
I'm so confused, and I plan on calling doctor asap, now that I know this. It would just be nice to know I'm not only one who has gone through this, and get input from those who've had a confirmed chemical pregnancy.
Thanks!
I did not have a confirmed pregnancy per say as by going to my Ob but I did last summer test and got a faint positive for like 3 days in a row. Then unfortunately AF came. I did not have severe cramps or bleeding. I just had regular bleeding like normal AF. I did notify my Ob after the event. He stated that only the pregnancy hormone can give a positive result on a pregnancy rest regardless of how light/faint. So yes you were pregnant. I'm sorry for your loss as I have had three miscarriages 1 early 7wks, 2 2nd trimester losses and 1 chemical.