Empty Gestational Sac at 6 Weeks
I went to my ob/gyn today at 6 weeks in my pregnancy. She told me that the gestational sac was empty and to come back in a week. If there is no embryo or yolk sac in the gestational sac she said we would have to have it removed.

I've been reading a lot about this kind of a situation and many responses are that they have had the same thing happen to them after 6 weeks and sometimes a baby or heartbeat doesn't show up until 11 weeks.

My questions are should I wait longer than 7 weeks to determine if the sac should be removed? And should I go and get a second oppinion?
Hay well have another scan and maybe get another oppinion. have you had blood test done to show your HCG levels????
i think if nothing changes in one week its probably a blinded ovum, atleast a yolk sac should appear on your next scan, also to be sure you should get your HCG levels checked to see if they are increasing and maybe another u/s after the next one.   i had a blinded ovum in 2007, i got a U/S at 7 weeks and the gestational sac was measuring perfectly for 7 weeks but it was empty i got another u/s at 9 weeks and at 9 1/2 weeks and nothing had changed then at 10 weeks i started miscaring and ha a D/C.

Was your gestational sac measuring for 6 weeks?, cause if it was measuring smaller you could have ovulated later and be earlier in your pregnancy.

also i heard that if you have a tilted uterus its harder to see and in abdominal u/s too.

I would go for a second opinion. Go with your feelings and not those of your doctor they are not always right. Like poppy stated above did they do blood work to test your hcg levels, and told you to come back in 2 days. If it doubled then everything is normally ok. Wait until the 8 wk if you can. You can hear the heartbeat of the baby well.
I made an appointment for a second opinion.

The gestational sac was measuring correct for 6 weeks and there was also a very small dot in the sac which she called "debris". I don't think I will be going back to that doctor.

I've had blood work done twice. The first time she said the HCG level was right above what it's supposed to be and had blood taken yesterday but have yet to hear those results.

Thanks everyone, I'll see what's up in a few days.
dear all all the past messages have helped me a lot even i had a similar case i was six week pregnant when the doctor asked me to go for an ultrasound but i found out that the sack was corresponding to six week but was empty, then the doc asked me to take the ultrasound next week but next week also the sack was empty and then finally i had an ultrasound in 8th week then also the sack was growing well and everything else was fine and beta hcg levels were also fine but still there was neigther the yolk sack nor the baby but one thing was added in the ultrasound report, which was that the ultrasonologist suspected that i had subchronic hematoma, hence the doc asked me to go for dnc but thank god i had gone through the messages put by others so i refused to go for dnc and i said that i will wait and i continued to take the medicines in the same way and continued taking injections as i was having slight spottings even though the doctor asked me take replace them with capsules as this time i didn't want to loose my baby as i already had a miscariage last year so this time i was too coscious. Now i waited till the end on 10th week and then i again went for an ultrasound but in a different hospital and i couldn't beleive on my eyes as i saw my baby who was perfectly fine and growing well and was healthy. so i suggest that each one of u who's been diagnosed of blighted ovum or hematoma should wait if they can without any other complications for atleast 10 to 11 weeks. may god help u all as he helped me!!!!