How soon can you TTC after miscarriage?
I recently suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I induced the expelling of the tissue by getting a prescription for Misoprostol to help speed the situation. My body was not recognizing that the pregnancy wasn't viable. I cried for 2 days straight before deciding on taking the medication vs. the D&C. My doctor said we could start trying  1 month or after my first AF.  Has anyone gotten pregnant before them & had success?  I am wondering if they recommend that you wait for medical healing reasons or if it's due to emotional issues. Does anyone know?  
lol, thanks!  they let you set up an apt before a positive HTP?  wow!  Well I hope you do get pregnant and have a very safe pregnancy!  I hope your apt goes well!  From your page it looks like that puts you at 11 DPO.  It's so exciting!  I wish I had my levels drawn early and stuff, but I'm not high risk and even though I had a miscarriage I've already had a baby so the dr's say my chances are very slim this time around.  That's why I wanted to look around for a dr/midwife that normally does ultrasounds and stuff early, regardless of the risk factor.
That's really the only reason I'm excited about being high risk is because I will have scans more often, but when my OB said he wanted me to be seen by the high risk docs also that kind of caught me off guard. My first 2 pregnancies were picture perfect from beginning to end. So only because of having arthritis and the effects it can have on other organs they consider me high risk. Nothing could go wrong or I could have those potential problems. That appt was set up back in early January so its been along time coming. 1 m/c in between that time and possible another pregnancy. I feel really lucky to have the OB I have. When I went in for a consultation with him back in Jan he didn't rush me, didn't sugar coat anything, and reassured me of some of my fears about trying again(body going through so many changes in the past 3 yrs with the arthritis, being alittle older approaching 30 and just a feeling like its not going to be as easy as it was the first 2 times)
I saw the high risk docs today. It was just a consultation. Just told me about the risks when taking prednisone and having arthritis. Ask me a bunch of questions about my history and family history etc.
Well I had a BFN this morning at 11 DPO and CD 24. AF due this Saturday
I tested yesterday and BFN. I have internet cheapies so the temptation is there to test as often as possible. I tested today. Unsure of BFP or evaporated line. It said to read after 5 minutes. I read it after 8/9 minutes. It did fall on the floor as I went to pick it up. I don't know. DH was able to see the very very faint line. Last cycle on 11 DPO I had very very faint line and DH couldn't see it. The next day(last cycle) DH was able to see the very faint line, so used a digital and there was no mistaking that. So I will test again tomorrow and if the line shows up then I will use a digital. I hope I really am seeing what I'm seeing. This would be the cycle right after the m/c no break in between
OMG!!!!BFP!!!! I can't believe what I'm seeing. With the same internet cheapie brand the line showed up alittle darker and within the 5 minutes. I'm going to go buy a digital one just to make sure. I'm 13 DPO now. Last cycle I m/c at 4wks and 3days. AF is due this Saturday. I plan on calling my OB on Monday to schedule confirmation and hopefully they will let me get blood levels done. That will put my mind at some ease seeing the levels.
SSBD to everyone that's next in line.
YEAH!!  I'm so excited for you!  That's the danger of testing too early, sometimes it's a false negative.  I usually test 13-14 DPO, since AF is due 13 DPO.  I hope that you have a very safe 8-9 months!

I'm so excited, my dr's apt is at 5:15 today, I'll post more after the visit!  
CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting! Make sure to keep us all posted on the digital reading & your OB appt. I knew 2010 would be our year!  Congratulations!!!!! We'll all get to swap pregnancy stories & details. I am so glad to be a part of this & have you guys to lean on as I go thru this again. Best of luck!!!

Cocacolapanda - make sure you keep us posted after your visit today too!

I went in for my nurse visit this past week & had more blood drawn, I was at 91,000s so my HcG is still progressing very normal but my blood draw also showed that I am slightly anemic so I have to start taking added iron pills with addition to my prenatals. I have another appt on Feb. 23rd to have a pap & go over more things. I should be about 11 weeks by then so I am hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat via doppler eventhough we were able to see it on the screen. I think I'll feel even better once I hear it again.

Again ladies, congrats!!! Can't wait to hear how your appts & pregnancies are progressing!

Jessi
Ok, Yesterday was my Dr's apt, and it seemed to go good.  I'm not sure of my numbers yet, my midwife will be calling me today (So I'll post them later).  I did have an ultrasound (she gave me the option and I just had to!).  We didn't see a lot (as I expected), but she said everything seems to be looking good.  It does look like I did ovulate late this cycle as it didn't look like I was the full 6 weeks yet.  We saw a flicker on the screen and she thought that could have been the heartbeat but it was too hard to know for sure.  

She also said that if I freak out and need to see the baby that I can stop by and she'll do an ultrasound for me :)  I'm going to try and relax and take it easy till my next apt.  Unless my symptoms go away I'm not going to worry about it.  My next apt is March 3rd (3 weeks 'cuz she's on vacation for 2 weeks starting when I would have had my 4 week apt), so I think having it at 3 weeks instead of 4 is going ot make me feel a little better.  I could have had it with a different dr but I was a little freaked out, I just feel more comfortable with her.

HUGE sigh of releaf!  My son also enjoyed himself, playing with the other little kids, he kissed 3 girls while I was in with my midwife!  

So, Everything is going good :)  I feel so much better after the apt.  
Oh good, I'm glad things seem to be progressing. So after you get these test #'s will you go in again to have a duplicate test to see how fast they are rising?  

I know its hard to not freak out. I find myself doing it b/c I feel like getting to the 12 week mark is taking a ridiculously long time.

So when you go in on March 3rd, are you having another scan?  

I am so glad things are good & you feel better. You really give me hope & remind me that I need to just chill out. Keep us posted!!!
I just got the numbers, they were 10,486!  They said that's good for where I'm at, I think I may have been 5 wks 5 days when they took the blood, but that number falls in the 6 week range (so that's good I guess!).  They don't need to take any more blood work, seems everything is fine and they aren't putting me in high risk so we should be fine!  

They didn't have all the blood work done, but everything looked good so far.

It's hard, but after seeing the numbers I'm feeling a little better since they are defiantly high!  

I will have another scan on March 3rd, I'm going to ask for one or make sure I get one every apt we don't hear the heartbeat.  I'll be about 8 wks 5 days (I think), then my one after that should be 12 wks 5 days.  After my second one I want to tell family and a few friends, after the third I think I may tell work.

I'm trying to find more information about the hCG levels and what they mean, and what it means to have that high at 5 wks 5 days, etc.  I feel so much better now!  

As long as the next 3 weeks stay as crazy as I feel then I'll be fine!  This week's going to be hard because I'm going to keep second guessing if my symptoms are really there or if I'm just imagining them, since I lost the baby at 6 1/2 weeks, about half a week and that's where I'll be.  

I agree, the 12 week mark isn't going to get here fast enough!  
Congratulations ladies!!!!  I am so incredibly happy for you both!  Please continue the updates because it gives us all hope!  

I literally am in the process of completing my miscarriage right now.  This was our first pregnancy.  Randomly started bleeding while in the gym on 2/8 (we were 8 weeks 4 days no symptoms other then bloodloss).  Went to the ER only to find that I had passed our child while on the treadmill and all that was left was the gestational sack.  I t took misoprostol the next day and passed the sack that evening.  Now I just seem to be finishing out the rest of the bloodloss.  The only symptom throughout my entire pregnancy was breast tenderness which actually disappeared  over night at 7 weeks.  I knew something wasn't right, and now believe that must have been when our baby died.  We too had a 6 week 1 day ultrasound, heard and saw the heartbeat at 101.89 so you can imagine the grave disappointment.

So I am so happy to see that there is hope with both of your situations.  I too feel like I won't get past this until we are pregnant again.  We really do not want to wait at all and are anxious TTC as soon as possible.    My periods before were pretty long (35 days) and typically O on D 22-25 in the past.  Can you offer any advice as to if you would advise waiting for the first cycle or going for it again?  Thank you so much!!!!!

I'm so sorry for your lost and understand completely how you feel. If you reas my post you will understand my story. Two of us here were able to get BFP the cycle right after m/c. I had a natural m/c. If my body wasn't ready then it would not have happened. This time things feel different. Its so early on and I am having more symptoms than last cycle's pregnancy. I wish you luck and keep us updated. It really helps to post about what you're going through.
SSBD
Oh My Gosh your Preggo again already Congrats!!! I just read through your posts :)  That is so incredibly exciting I will be thinking of you :)  You have to keep us posted on how your appointment goes and what the doctor says.  

Thanks for your response I really do appreciate it.  The support is very needed.  My husband has been so wonderful these past few days but its just not the same as talking with another woman who has experienced your same feelings.  

I have a followup appointment with my doctor on 2/23 to make sure everything has totally passed, bleeding has stopped etc.  I know she is going to tell me to wait 1 full cycle as she and every other doctor I spoke with in the ER said the same thing.  I just have a hard time waiting.  My body may not even give me an option though.  Who knows?  I will be 33 at the end of next month and my DH is 38.  We do not have any children and really wanted a couple so I feel and immense amount of pressure and saddness that it didn't work out the first time.  Being the oldest of 5 children and my mother not having any problems until the very last pregnancy (#6 eptopic) I just assumed I would be okay.  The thought of problems never crossed my mind and here we are in the middle of a miscarriage.  The thought of having another miscarriage becuase I tried to soon is unbearable, and the thought of waiting is just as bad.  I just wish there was a steadfast answer....and guess there just is not right?  
ttcagain1977 - I"m SO sorry for your loss!  Since you passed it naturally there is no medical reasion to wait other than to help date the pregnancy (which really isn't that medical is it?)  I had a D&C so I waited for AF before TTC and got pregnant the first try :)  I'm scared to death, but my midwife is amazing!  (She said If I freak out and need to see the baby to stop by and she'll do an ultrasound).

My biggest advice for TTC is try to figure out when you ovulate, look for EWCM or ovulation cramps, etc.  Also, try not to stress, with just having a miscarriage I know it's stressful to begin with so try to enjoy TTC.  DH actually didn't want to TTC the first month anyway because he wanted to make sure I was ok and ready to move on.  I'm not sure if waiting the one cycle really helped but it made sure the hormones were out of my system when we decided to try.

If you decide to wait, I'd suggest to find something to keep yourself busy, it's hard, and it seems like time is standing still (Even now when i"m pregnant), but finding stuff to read up on, working out, etc.

I can tell you this much right now, you will be freaked out while your pregnant, so to help sooth those emotions talk to your dr to see what they suggest see if they can help offer any piece of mind.  My piece of mind is getting an ultrasound done at every apt we don't hear the heartbeat and if I feel like something's off I can go in and she'll do an ultrasound as well.  Just knowing I have the option makes me feel a million times better!
Ladies,

Its so refreshing to hear your stories, I wish you all the best of luck!! I had a natural m/c at 5wks in Nov 09 and then I got pregnant straight away but miscarried again last week, I was 8 weeks, had to have a d&c... So its been a tough couple of months!!  Id love to try straightway but Im afraid and think maybe I should leave it for a few cycles?? May sound stupid but I dont even know when your allowed to have intercourse after a D&C, bleeding has just stopped!!  

So happy for those of you that are pregnant, Im sure your over joyed!!  Hopefully the rest of us will have your good luck!! :-)
So sorry to hear about your loss, as you know, we've all been there. Its probably the most heartwrenching experience to go through. I feel like life kinda came up & kicked in the gut out of no where. I never saw it coming. But it did & I poured myself into research. I looked on line at various stories, I wanted to make myself more knowledgeable so I was better prepared the next time around. I decided that doctors are wonderful but its still called a "practice" for a reason. I wanted to make sure I knew my body better so when ANYTHING happened, I would be in the best position. And that's the advice I want to extend to you. Its okay to grieve, but try not to let it get the best of you. Once you feel emotionally ready & physically ready then focus on getting your body prepared to handle another pregnancy. Try not to look back at what you did before or didn't so, the past is the past & focus on the future & how to get a healthy baby. It will make the grieving process so much easier.
Cocacolapanda & Jessica

Thank you guys soooo much for your responses.  You guys are right :)  I will try to focus on getting this gosh darn bleeding to stop, it just seems to keep flowing!  There isn't much on the pad, but seems to always flow out after using the restroom (sorry TMI).  Did you have a similar experience?  If so, how long did your bleeding last?

Cocacolapanda- that is so great that you found a wonderful midwife!  I am not so sure my doctor would consider allowing me to drop in for ultrasounds which would be WONDERFUL!  That is really fantastic!  What exactly does EWCM mean?  I haven't got all the abbreviations down yet. I have only used ovulation kits in the past.  Not sure if they will actually work this time since I have misscarried.  Although I would imagine that I will not ovulate unless my HCG is down to below 5.

What day did you ladies start counting as day 1?  Was it from the day you literally started to miscarry?  

Yes, we are both anxious to try again actually so as long as my doctor doesn't overly insist me may jus go for it as soon as the bleeding stops.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE!!!!
Hi Crystal02

I am so sorry to hear of your losses!  That must be very very difficult for you.  I did not have a D&C so am not sure what the instructions would be for intercourse after.   Maybe since you have had 2 so close together giving your body and mind a rest for a month may help you out?  Gosh honey, its so hard!  My heart goes out to you!

How long did you bleed for, if you don't mind me asking?

I only bled for 3 days. But then again I was only 4wks and 3days. I used the opk and it did give me a + right after the m/c. I'm counting the day I passed the sac as the first day of my menstrual. When I went in 2 days later for blood work my level was already down to 3.
Crystal02-I'm sorry for your losses. We all know how you feel. Since you had a d/c this time it may take your uterus longer to recover since they scrape your uterus. Usually the recovery time before you can start to have sex again is 2weeks. But I'm not a doctor. I always say you know your body better than anyone else. Listen to it. If your ready to have sex again then do it. But as for ttc you should try to wait one cycle to give your uterus a chance to heal. But I know how hard it is to have to wait. EWCM=extra white cervical mucous
SSBD
hey girl im so happy to hear that you have succeeded with the preg... congrats to you all..well i had my miscarriage on jan 7th n we started TTC the day after! may sound crazy but we r desperate. 2 days ago i took a test n the 2nd blue line was very faint but it was there.. could it be positive from previous preg?? i am having some symptoms that im not sure of.. im nausious n the morn till around lunch n i crave certain foods. ive also gained a few pounds n past week. i also get real hungry n when i go to eat i feel sick. could this be signs of preg??  congrats again to you all n happy valentines day
Hi!

Congratulations on your possible pregnancy!  Did you ever get another period?  Im am jealous you were able to TTC the day after.  I miscarried at 8 weeks and have bleed for 8 days and today I think may be my last day of bleeding after the miscarriage.  I took a pregnancy test yesterday just to try to figure out my own HCG levels and they are still high as I got a postitive pregnancy test, and know for sure I am not pregnant as my HCG is still left over from my miscarriage 8 days ago.  

I really hope you are pregnant!  Maybe go to the doctor and have them check your blood levels and do an ultrasound :)
ttcagain1977 - EWCM is egg white cervical mucus.  Day 1 was the day you passed the baby, for me it was the day I had the D&C.  I bleed for 12-24 hours very light (and yes, it was always more when I went to the bathroom for some reason), then after a week pluss I bleed for a full week, it was like a regular cycle for me.  About two or three days after that bleeding stopped I believe was when I ovulated.  I think my numbers were down to zero after the D&C because I was acting normal before we even figured out I was miscarrying (And I'm CRAZY when I"m pregnant).  Also, if you had a D&C it's best to wait for at least two weeks AND for the bleeding to stop, otherwise you could get an infection that could cause you wait even longer to start trying.  Also, If you had a D&C waiting one cycle is best because they scrape out your lining pretty good, waiting for AF will replace it so the baby won't have issues attaching.  It's SO hard waiting one cycle, but its necessary.  If it's natural then waiting isn't really necessary.   Good luck on getting those hCG numbers down so you can move foreword!

ambercuevas - Thanks, I did send you a message this morning as well before reading this board.  If you passed everything, then it's hard to say.  Everyone has different signs of pregnancy, my friend know's she's pregnant because she snores. I know I'm pregnant because of smells make me sick, an I crave foods I don't normally eat.  I also am usually very sleepy.  I felt pregnancy type symptoms up until about 3 weeks after my D&C, about the time I ovulated I believe.  Since it's been over a month since you miscarried and got the positive, unless you didn't pass the baby or something, it seems that the faint line could be for a new pregnancy.  Most women have there levels back to zero by at least 4 weeks past the miscarriage unless it was a later pregnancy, then I"m not sure.  Since your numbers should double every 3 days, wait 3 days from the test and test again.

As for me, I've lost 1.5 lb so far, I'm still sick as a dog and crazy!  I keep asking DH if I haven't been as crazy and he looks at me like I'm insane.  I'm trying not to be, but it's not easy I guess, lol.  It's good though, I'm about where I was when I lost the baby and I feel SO much more pregnant then I did that time.  My next apt is March 3rd, I'm going to try to focus on something else to help the time go faster.
i stopped bleeding 3 days after mc. i was only 3 wks pregnant. i never got another period after i had mc. my bff told me she had a mc n tried rite after n now she has her baby boy. im hopin n prayin that im pregnant n that my eyes werent playin with me beins that im wanting to be so badly. thanksfor writing bk n plz let me kno how you rdoin ttyl

cocacolapanda- im hopin that im pregnant gurl n am very anxious to take another test but i dnt want to be too soon n pregnancy n it be neg again.. if the test was faintly pos n i wait 3 days would it b clearly pos??
EEEEEEEEKKKK I am so excited for you!  I can imagine that you are very anxious but we all know there is only one reason that 2nd line shows up on the pregnancy test!!!!  :)  You either have the hormone or you don't :)    Being that you were only 3 weeks pregnant when you mc, you could very well be on your way to having that beautiful bundle of joy!!!!  If the test was faintly positive in 3 days it should be very positive, at least that was my experience when I found out that I was pregnant for the first time.  Ohhhhh Good Luck!  Keep us posted!!!  The good news is so wonderful to hear :)  Gives me hope!
Thank you so much for your reply!!!  That was really very helpful :)  I actually mc on my own (but with help from misoprostol). I stopped bleeding 2/15 so am hoping and praying that my levels will drop quickly so we can start trying again.  We do not have our followup with the doctor until 2/23 and will ask her to draw blood then to make sure everything is okay.  This waiting game is awful!  Since I didn't have the D&C I am hoping that she will give us the ok to start trying ASAP.  

How are you feeling?  Please keep us posted on how things are progressing with you.  I hope to hear from you after your appointment on March 3rd!
ambercuevas - For most pregnancy tests they require 25-50 levels for hCG, if the test was 25 and you got a very faint test, then after three days they'd be 50, so if you use the same brand (or another that gets levels of 25, you can google it to find the hCG levels for HPT), then you should get a very clear line because you defiantly have the 25 + hCG they'd require.  Also when you see that a test is up to 25 for hCG, they usually detect a lesser amount, but at least 25.  And yes, miscarrying at 3 weeks, there's a good chance your cycle could be back to normal and get pregnant very early.  Good luck!  Hope it really is positive!  Let us know how it turns out!

ttcagain1977 - yeah, natural is the way to go if your body will do it.  Some dr's will say you need to wait, but since it happened naturally, your body will be ready to get pregnant when ever.  Since you stopped bleeding 2/15 (yesterday) then keep an eye out for ovulation, it can help you know if and when.  Look for Egg White Cervical Mucus, and the like.  If you ovulate, then your levels will be down to where they need to be.

I'm feeling OK, I'm finding it hard to eat much early in the day.  I'm dizzy a lot, and very tired.  The cravings have been pretty weird too.  I've been wanting a lot of fried chicken, Well chicken in general, and I"m not a fried chicken kind of person.  I also can't eat sushi, even the smell of it makes me sick.  Overall It's been a pretty normal pregnancy.  Oh, the mood swings have been HORRIBLE!  

I did have a nice relaxing time yesterday after work.  I was going to go to the gym with a friend, but she got sick, and DH and DS were at my mother in law's, so I just stayed home, had a nice healthy supper and went on the treadmill for a little bit.  Not too fast, because I didn't want to get out of breath.  I decided to try walking bare foot because I read it's better for the body (you need to start out slow though).  And it was actually more comfortable.  I got a good workout for my leg mussels, and didn't get too fast.  Also, my knees didn't hurt at all.  Anyway I need to get to work, I'll try to keep an eye on this form, but defiantly post about my next apt on the 3rd!  
Just an update. I'm 4wks and 3days now, which last cycle this is the time I m/c'd. My temps are still elevated so that's a great sign. This time just feels different. I am still peeing like crazy. My breast are bigger and heavier. Not that much tingling in my breast anymore. I still get cramps off and on. I had a b-ball game yesterday and I just felt heavy. I don't feel tired only when I work out I feel alittle exausted and I work out 3-4 times a week. I have lost 1.4lbs which is great for me. I don't want to gain 50+ lbs like I had with my 2 daughters. Even though I lost all that weight with them. I'm older now and I know it would be hard to lose that much. Good luck to the ones that haven't gotten their BFP yet. Happy and healthy 9 months to those of you who have
Wow its so great to hear that you are having so many pregnancy symptoms!  I don't think any of us on this board will ever complain about having symptoms ever :)  Glad you had a nice holiday.  And wow!  Walking barefoot on a treadmill....i have never tried that before.  Interesting, I might have to try that out sometime.

Thanks again for your feedback.  I noticed some EWCM today but am pretty sure its my body playing a mean trick on me.  I took a few ovulation tests and they were all over the place.  Then I thought what the heck, let me see if I am still showing a positive pregnancy test....and as I had expected it was positive.  It was lighter then before, but still clearly positive.   I guess I am not surprised because this is only Day 8 after my miscarriage. Well see...

Do you know if it is possible to ovulate before your HCG levels got to normal (under 5)?  I am guessing not, but thought I would ask your opinion you seem to be so well versed in all this stuff!  Its great!  
ttcagain197 - Yeah barefoot walking is better on the knees!  From what I read you won't ovulate until your HCG levels go down to normal, because your body thinks your pregnant and won't release any eggs.  Since it's just day 8, you may need to wait till day 14 to be sure it'd all the way down.  On average it seems that if you add a week onto your normal cycle, that's what it might be.
well it turns out i wasnt pregnant.. very sad past few days. i guess my eyes were playin with me since i wanted to be so badly. i went n got an ovulation kit n i have been taking them every day. on the 19th i was ovulating. im not too sure what that means. should i be trying harder rite now?? well we are still ttc n will let you guys kno whats goin on good luck to everybody tryin and congrats to every body that has their precious gift
If 19th was your ovulation day, that's when you needed to BD the most, then also on the 20th, and MAYBE the 21st.  Normally the egg only lasts for 24 hours, so your best window is the day before, day of, and day after.  Since you got a positive on the 19th, then 2 weeks from then is when you should be able to test.  Ugh, I remember the two week wait, it *****!  

I'm SO sorry about the false positive, it could have been a little hormone left over from the miscarriage.  

Good luck!
I am so sorry about the false postive :(  its stinks to have that happen.  I agree with cocacolapanda.  My hubby and I BD a few days in a row before the 1st day of Positive ovulation, that day, and the day after.  I did get pregnant that very first time, although that pregnancy did end in  miscarriage a few weeks ago :(  But the good news is that you found when you are ovulating!  Thats awesome! I hope that you did conceive this week that would be such great news!

I have my first followup appointment tomorrow with my obgyn after the miscarriage.  I have stopped bleeding and seem to be pretty recovered.  Just hope my levels are normal which would be really nice!  I know she is going to tell me not to TTC until after my first AF though.  Ugggg We dont want to wait!  Its so frustrating.  
To ambercuevas--sorry to hear about false +. I agree with the above ladies about ovulation. Also listen to your body. Maybe you get hints of pending ovulation. For me I would have O pains 2 days b4. Sex would also hurt.
Today I am 5wks and 2days. I had my confirmation appt which of course was +. They want to do hcg levels today and Wednesday to see where I'm at and to make sure I'm progressing. Once my levels are in the range for me to be about 6 wks they want to do an ultrasound to determine the due date and see the heart beat and to reassure me. After that then I will have my first official visit in 5 weeks. My symptoms are still the same. I'm constipated, bloated, peeing all the time. My breast tingle alittle and are getting bigger. I've put on 3 lbs. But I hope its just from being constipated and retaining some fluid. SSBD to all
So I had my first followup appointment after the miscarriage on 2/8/10.  All the bleeding as stopped and my doctor did an ultrasound and looks as though my body is back to prepregnancy measurements.  I asked her about waiting to conceive and she said that "officially" she suggested waiting until after the AF, but that really was mostly for dating reasons.  She sad that I would not be the first to come back pregnant before the first AF.  She did not push us to use contraception before the first AF or anything.  I thought this might be helpful information for those who are considering TTC before their first AF.  I also did miscarry naturally (with the help of misoprostol).  Hope this helps
ttcagain1977 - I'm glad your follow up went well!  I'm glad your dr's being honest with you about when to TTC as well, I've had the run about with several dr's who wouldn't even tell me why I needed to wait x amount of time.  My midwife I meet with finally told me, that if you have a D&C you need to wait at least one cycle to help replace the lining, as they scrape most of it out, and the baby might have a hard time attaching to the wall if there isn't much of a lining.  Other than that, yes, it is mostly for dating.  Although if you do know when you ovulate, then dating isn't THAT big of a deal.  Either way, an ultrasound can tell you even if you get pregnant right away :)

Good luck with Trying!  I know a few of the girls on this thread got pregnant before they got AF!
I'm glad your appt went well.  You know your body better than anyone else. If you feel ready then go for it. I wasn't sure my body would be ready right after the natural m/c but it was and I became pregnant. So far so good. Good luck ttc again right after m/c. It is very possible.
I just thought I'd pop in & let you guys know that things are still going good. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant after miscarrying & not getting my 1st AF. My ultrasound at 8 weeks showed a healthy baby with a heartbeat of 161. I had a regular appt yesterday with a doctor I had never seen before b/c my doctor was on vacation & he attempted to hear the heartbeat using the doppler. I knew it was kind of early considering some people don't hear it until up to 14 weeks & he couldn't find it. I think my face showed my worry so he took me back to the ultrasound room & it was there that we saw the baby & the heartbeat beating away. My 5 yr daughter was with me & she got to see the baby move around. It was exciting. So, everyone, good luck!  It can happen!  I hope everyone has a great outcome & happy healthy babies!  I will feel sooo much better next week when I make it to the 12 week mark.
I'm glad your apts went well!  I was SO worried when we couldn't hear the heartbeat at my 11 week apt last time, I wish my dr had let me have an ultrasound so I could have figured it out sooner.  I'm SO glad you've made it this far with no issues!  

I've got my apt's at 9 weeks and 13, I'm glad it worked out that way because at my week 13 apt if everything is going good I can tell work, as I'm sure I'll start to show some by then (as my pant's aren't even fitting the best at the moment, and I even lost weight!).  I'll update more in a week after I have my next apt!
It's so nice to hear from you. Congratulations on a successful appt. Be happy your almost there to the 12 week mark. I know how much that mie stone means. I'll update on Friday after my ultrasound
I had my ultrasound yesterday. We got see the heart beating and hear it alittle. It just started beating. 97 bpm. It measures 5mm. My due date was pushed up from Oct. 23rd to Oct. 20th. The ultrasound tech said everything looks good so far. I have a 3cm cyst on my left ovary which is normal. That tells that that's where I Ovulated from, which is weird b/c my O pain was on the right side. Implantation pain was on the right side also. The cyst is what feeds the pregnancy until the placenta takes over. Now I wait til 3/29 for my intake appt. I will be able to really hear the heart beating then, by doppler.
My symptoms are still the same. No nausea.
That's great!  I'm glad your ultrasound went so good!  I'm getting VERY excited for mine in just a few days.  
My Dr apt went really well!  We didn't hear the heartbeat yet, but I'm only 9 weeks and most of my fat is in my belly area from when I had my first child.  We did an ultrasound instead on an old machine so we couldn't get a clear idea of when my due date is actually, but it's looking like I'm right on track for the 9 week mark!  We saw a 160 heartbeat!  It was so amazing!  We also saw my little bean move around a lot!  I almost cried, it was so amazing!  My Midwife was amazed with how my my little one was moving!  When I told DH, he was like "Oh Great, another Active one!"  Lol, my first was just as active (not sure early on or not, but DEFANTLY didn't stop moving towards the end), and he still dosen't stop moving too often, lol.  

I did get a few pics, but because of everything else going on I haven't had a chance to scan them in yet, but I will try to get that done tonight or tomorrow.

Oooooo, One last AMAZING thing to add.  So, In my pregnancy binder I got from the hospital, it mentioned 3D/4D ultrasounds.  I asked my midwife about them and she said that all (Except the few old ones, like the one she uses) is the 3D/4D and that they do those for the 20 week ultrasounds!!!  :)  I am SO excited, I can't wait to see it, I think DH is a little excited as well!  When it gets a little closer I may see if other family wanted to see it as well, and see how many can join us.
That's wonderful. I'm glad your appt was a success and a reassuring one. Tell them to get rid of those ancient machines. Lol
Okay ladies, I finally had my intake(official) appt. My weight nis down which is good for me. I got to hear the hb. It was 169. That was so reassuring. Even though I have all these symptoms I still can't believe I'm pregnant. Its been 8 yrs. I guess once my belly pops out then I'll feel pregnant. My next appt is in 4 weeks. Keep posting ladies.

I am having mix feelings of trying to start again. Feb.14 2010 i miscarried. I was told it was a normal one and did not require a d&c  because my body will pass it out on its own. I spotted everday with only 4 days of no spotting from the time of the m/c to March 23. each time i didn't m/c hubbie and I had sex and each time i spotted the next day.

march 23 i started to clot. i called the doctor and he told me it was normal and I could be exericing my first period. then on March 24-27 the clots were getting bigger and bigger from a peanut size to larger then a plum and i am not kidding. I started to take photos of each clot so when i called on friday March 26 to my doctor he called me in his office. I showed him the photos of the clots and he was just shocked..he did an u/s and there was alot of stuff in there (including one fibriod) he then did an physical exam and pulled out so much clot i almost died looking at it. he said i was hemergin and to get to the ER for an emg. d&c. I was just in shocked.

today he called me to make sure i was ok. he said everthing should be in order now. he did a suction d&c and did a scope to see what kind of fibroid i had. he gave me a name for forgot but it was the kind that is between the tissues of my uterious and on the right side.

I really wanted to have more kids. i am 35 and i have one son age 17. my hubbie has no children and we both wanted to have at leaset 2 or 3 more...by the looks of things it looks kind of dim... anyone out there in the same boat of heard anything like my situation? I never received an d&c when i m/c back in Feb. so does that mean I will ov or have a period now? anyone know when? I was 7 wks when i m/c and my cycle was always 28 days. as of Monday 22 my HcG was at 7 and I did a test today to see if i am down to 0. I woudn't know until tomorrow for that result. I am so confuse of what to experct anymore!
I am so sorry to hear about what you had to go through in the past month. I haven't heard of this happening but I'm sur eit probably has. I didn't have a period after the natural miscarriage and I was able to get pregnant right away. You had a d/c so your body needs time to recover and build the lining back up so another pregnancy will stick. Is this your first m/c? I think since you were able to get pregnant before then it shouldn't be an issue again and miscarriages are so common and a lot of times happens one time for many people. I think in your situation your symptoms didn't present as being serious in the beginning of your m/c so your doc thought you would m/c on your own. It's unfortunate that it did linger on for so long which made things more complicated and difficult. Don't give up hope. Listen to your body. When you feel ready then try again. Take care and keep us posted.  SSBD
7yrslater - Congrats on the great apt!  I've got my next one at 13 weeks tomorrow, I'm so excited we should hear the heartbeat too!

Chunk_Fat - Do you know for sure if you passed the baby naturally in Feb?  To me it sounds like either you didn't pass the baby or you didn't pass all the tissue.  It's pretty common for natural miscarriages to take a while, and not un-common to not pass everything.  I'd say try not to worry too much, You've had a live birth so your chances of another miscarriage are the same as they were before you miscarried.  Since you had a D&C, I'd say wait until you get AF then you should be able to start trying if you want to.  You will want to wait at least one cycle though because during a D&C they scrape out the lining pretty good and if you do get pregnant before AF your chances of the baby sticking are defiantly lower.  AF will bring a nice new plush lining for your baby to attach to.  I had one son, then a miscarriage, I waited till AF then got pregnant and I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow.  At my 9 week apt/scan everything looked just right!  As for when AF should arraive, anywhere from 4-8 weeks is what most people fall into.  My cycle is typically short so I got it about 4 1/2 weeks later.  Once your levels go down to zero you'll have a chance to ovulate.  I'd say since your levels were 7 on Monday the 22nd, you should expect AF in 2-3 weeks hopefully.

Good luck!
Thank you both for you encourgements!

Feb.14.2010 was my first m/c. Yesterdays results March 29th my Hcg is 3. My doctor did a suction d&c and not scrape to my uterus. I look forward to the new period.

As for trying again...we will see....who knows I might change my mind reading this site is soo helpful to me "its god sent"!

Good luck on your pregnancy!
hi, the docs said i am 7 weeks today and there was no heartbeat so she said i had a miscarriage. i hadnt had a period since useing depo 2 years ago, so i didnt know i was even pregnant until 3 weeks ago. i honestly dont think i am 7 weeks. my husband and i werent romantic for a whole month and we estimated conception around march 1st-6th. I haven't been spotting, i have cramped since before i knew i was pregnant. did i lose my baby??
newmommyjones - The babies heartbeat starts between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 weeks.  7 weeks is pretty close, if I were you I wouldn't do much yet.  What is your dr doing for follow up?  Has he/she checked your hCG levels to see if they are rising or falling?  Will he/she have a ultrasound in a week or so to see if there is any new growth?  

If you think you may not be the full 7 weeks I'd say stick with your gut and hope for the best at this point.  At my 6 week apt we did an ultrasound and saw a flutter on the screen but my midwife wasn't sure what it is, she said it's not clear enough to say if it was a heartbeat.

You don't actually miscarry until you pass the baby, since there's no bleeding and no real sign that your loosing the baby try to talk to your dr and see if there going to do the hCG numbers and/or another ultrasound in 1-2 weeks.  

Good luck!