Miscarriages Community
Very Strange Miscarriage, Any Help or Feedback?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

Please Read.

Up until a few days ago, I hadn't had my period in months. My last period had ended on May 18th, and naturally I was very nervous about it. Once the first week of August came, I started getting very nervous and I decided to take two at home pregnancy tests. Both were taken first thing in the morning and properly, and both with negative results. I was very relieved, since I'm a little too young to have a kid of my own yet. The next week, I went to Planned Parenthood to be put on the Depo Shot, so that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. They also took a pregnancy test which also came back negative. About 3 to four weeks ago, I started having cramps, but nothing else and no blood, so I just wrote it off as a side effect. Last Monday, I started having weird and very dark discharge. I asked my sister, who had been on the Depo before, and she said some breakthrough bleeding was probably normal.
Thursday, September 13th, I came home and within 30 minutes, started getting unbearable cramps. They kept getting worse and more and more frequent, and eventually I ended up in the middle of my bathroom floor crying in a ball, not being able to move and holding my breath with the pain. I had no idea what was happening. My mom and my sister, who were both home, found me and in between cramps, got me to move to the couch. My mom told me she thought I was having a miscarriage, but I thought that was impossible. 20 minutes later, I felt a warm rush and booked it to the bathroom... I didn't look, but my mom said that's what it looked like.
She took me to the emergency room and brought the thing with her. I never looked at it, but the doctor who was there saw it and said kind of surprised, "Wow, that is quite a significant amount of tissue." They had no idea why all of my tests would come back negative.
The fetus was at about 17 weeks when passed. I still haven't quite gotten it through my head that my cramps were actually contractions and I essentially gave birth. Because it was so far along when I miscarried, it was much more painful and like a real birth than a typical 8 week miscarriage would be.

I guess what I'm asking is, how is this possible? I've never heard of it, and I can't find anything like this out there. Even if it was a molar pregnancy and just a bunch of cells (which the doctors suggested might be a possibility), the tests should've come back positive. I don't understand...and I wish I had answers. Why it died so late, if it was even a real miscarriage, or why my tests weren't positive if it was. Any feedback at all, even if it doesn't answer any questions would be helpful, and thank you very much. :/
I honestly believe the baby died because of the depo'shot and did  planned psrent hood give u a blood or **** pregnancy test because if it wasn't blood it is perfectly reasonable for it to come back negative it has happened to me before .....I'm sorry for ur lose I know its hard I have been threw it hope everything is fine now
I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I don't have answers for you. Although I do agree with Amber. Not that you should blame yourself for that, you didn't know. You will be a stronger person because of this. I can't imagine how terrified you would have been. It's alot to try to wrap your head around. But, sometimes we just don't get the answers that we deserve. Keep in touch? x