Miscarriages Community
pain after miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

pain after miscarriage

Has anyone experience ongoing pain after miscarriage? I am having a sharp pain on bottom of belly left side. I had mc 7/1/08. i already had my first period and passes a lot of tissue. I went to doctor and they did test it was not tissue from the preg and said system was just cleaning out. then i went to hospital when i started having the pain, i had two pelvic exams already, normal. the ultrasound was normal as well, ovaries normal tubes normal doctor said everything normal. however, i continue to have the pain, i am just tired of the hospital, what should i do? when i first went to doc, she said i am having pain close to where my ovaries would be, but the ultrasound was normal. has anyone experience something like this. i am already having  a hard time dealing with the mc and now have to worry about this.  any comments advice.
I would like to say i am sorry about your loss, i had a missed m/c june 12 and d&c june 17th, the loss of a child can be so emotional and physcially stressful.  

I didnt have pain that lasted that long, did they prescribe you some medication, i no after my d&c i had tylenol#3 and that helped, after that i took ibuprofen, sometimes stress can inhance pain and even cause pain, i would consult with your dr again and see about some pain medication for a week then reevaluate to see if pain still there.  

I will keep you in my prayers
i am sorry for you loss.  the one thing that i can say is prior to my 2 MC's, i never ever had pre period cramping, then afterwards i got it bad.  are these pains all months long or just come and go?
maybe you should go in and see your regular dr. not your OB/GYB yo see if they can run any other tests.  maybe its in your belly where the pain is coming from and notn the female organs?