Miscarriages Community
period after miscarriage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

period after miscarriage

hello, its me again with the same worry than before.

Maybe somebody can put my mind in pace? i miscarriage two months ago and still no sign of period. I feel very strange and worry for this reason. i heard it could take a while to have regular periods back but i havent bleed at all and I start to go crazy. thank you for your support as usua
hope you are all well
susi
Have you talked your dr?  it took me 7 weeks to finally get mine again,  at 8 weeks or so I was to go back so they could induce the period.    I know how hard it is to wait, and then you are so excited to finally get it again...then start ttc again.  Then it is back to hating getting your period again, such a grueling process.  Good luck and talk to your dr.  Very sorry about your M/C.
I took Misoprostol for my missed miscarriage August 5th.  I lost twins.  I got my period Sept 4th but I told them of my fear, which is same as yours, and they said they could get pills to make my perod start earlier.  I would ask about that, I didn't take it, just a second round of Misoprostol (an abortion drug to remove a dead fetus) for the remaining tissue.  I didn't do a d&c.  which may have scrapped the lining way down so it would take longer to rebuild?  Anyway, this period is dark and tarlike, sorry that is TMI but I blead for 3 weeks with the drugs and one week off and this week on again, because of the break I would say it isn't still from the miscarriage.  Ironic, two years to get prego then they perscribe me abortion pills.  I found nothing on the internet about getting prego again quickly after taking that!  Anyway, get those drugs and if you are like me you are anxious to get on with things.  I also did HPT and Ovulation tests to see where I might be, I also hve HCG blood draws weekly to see where I am with things.  Three weeks now and HCG is going down from 217 3 weeks ago, to 51 last week to 18 this week.  Just this week was I happy to have a nego prego test but that is how I cheated and tracked it at home.  I felt cramps (I normally don't have them) and no tender breasts so this period is different for me.  Hope it helps.
I had my a miscarriage naturally 2 months ago, and haven't gotten my period yet. I also haven't had sex because I'd like for my period to return without the nervousness of being pregnant or not being pregnant. SO, with that being said, can i start taking birth control pills, to bring my period? I'd like to see my period again, as strange as that may sound. I want normalcy before I try again. ANyone know if I can take bc pills to induce my period? If so, about how long would I need to take them before seeing my period. Would it just be the three active pill weeks, and then my period would come during the last placebo pill week??? Any suggestions?
It depends what you're trying to do. Are you trying to get pregnant again or not get pregnant? If you were trying to get pregnant again I would suggest you don't take BC pills only because you want to give your body a chance to return back to normal. I am not an expert, just speaking from experience. When I took birth control (took it for a total of 2 years) and became ready to have a baby, it took my body almost a year to adjust and be back to normal. I've also had a miscarriage and with the last one it took my body about 1.5 months to get back to normal--eventually getting my period. Now, if you're intention is not to get pregnant, then I think it'd be okay to take BC pills (with your doc's approval). Also, from what I remember, the active pills have the hormones and once you finish a cycle of active pills, you take the placebo pills, which will eventually trigger your body to have a period. Taking the placebo pills without first taking the cycle of active pills will not trigger a period. Placebo pills don't contain any hormones/etc.