Miscarriages Community
pregnant 5weeks. after miscarriage? period or implantation spotting?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

I there, 5weeks ago this friday I was confirmed to have had a natural miscarriage. And the doc told me I could get pregnant again, that if in 6weeks I still haven't got a period then I should buy a hpt. Well am in my 5th week and for the last 2days I have been spotting very small amounts of blood. Am not sure if this meant to be my period and the miscarriage I had is just making me have the lightest period ever or could it ossibly be implantation bleeding?

Any suggestions?

Ok guys please, I don't know what to think.
Am now on my 6th day of spotting. My skin broke out really bad the first day and I had some cramping but cramping didn't even last a whole day. And my skin started clearing up, which to me sounds like a period except I have never had a period this light! Never! Onlky a few spots on and off each day, brownish color no clots. And that being said, I have not had a period that has lasted 6 days in years. Usually I have a steady flow for 3-4 days.

Is it implantation bleeding still?
Or have I had a light period?
Has my miscarriage 5weeks ago effected this?
If it is implantation spots, when could I take a hpt?

Anyone have an experience to speak of?
Someone please answer, am no in my 10th day of "spots" (I say spots because I haven't been "spotting" just a few spots everyday)

What does it mean?
Should I go to doctor?  
hey hun u seem pretty desperate and id like to help u as much as i can i myself had a horrible miscarriage after 5 months i just stopped heavy bleeding from retained tissue .. if u had your miscarriage 5 weeks ago and blead and passed everything and stopped bleeding only to start again it could be your period trying to start ... dd they monitor your hcg till it went below 5?? in my m/c 4 months after it started i could still pee on a pregnancy test and make it positive because my hcg was still there...implantation bleeding is usually no more then 2 days and is not very common.. are u sure u passed all from your m/c.... im not saying u arnt pregnant again as many woman spot in early pregnancy . if your hcg was monitored till below 5 or u have taken a test recently that came out negative sure u should take a test no harm right :)
left you a mail!
When you are having a natural loss, your body can do some whacky things for a while.  Remember that your hormones can be out of sync for a while, and it's not uncommon to have really unusual periods for a few cycles.  I've had them be extremely light and also extremely heavy. Mid cycle spotting is also common.

That being said, your hcg levels should be monitored.  I would see your Dr. for a follow up and request an hcg test.  It's also possible, and not uncommon, to require prometrium to kick start your cycle.

All the best to you and I am so sorry for your loss.
I don't have any mail? :(
I suppose that my period could just be whacky at th moment... But honestly I been spotting for 12days now and its freakin me out cuz its reminding me of my miscarriage everytime. I took a hpt last week when I thought it was implantation bleeding but it was negative. And also I'm pretty sure my miscarriage didn't leave anything behind cuz the second time I went to the doctor for a scan she used one of those probe ultrasound things and didn't see anything and I stopped bleeding by that time, and also that very same day I took a hpt and it was already neg. I don't know what to do, go to the doctor? Am just so gutted... Thought for some reason it might be easier to get pregnant after a miscarriage. Is that wrong of me?
hey, i had a natural m/c at 6 weeks 2 days, this was 4 weeks and 3 days ago, i havent had any bleeding up until this morning.. its not blood and has only happened once when wiping.. not since (sorry TMI) but i have had NO cramps at all! Basically i am desperate for a baby after losing my little one and i would just like to know if it could be IB or AF... Any advice would help! :) sorry for your losses ladies, its horrible! heart goes out to you! xoxox
Hi nic0baby

It does not sound like implantation bleeding, because it's brown blood. Brown blood is old blood and this has come from the miscarriage. Sometimes the blood can take a while to fully come out of you.

In regards to having a period or this being ur period, as you may be aware after the miscarriage bleeding, which normally lasts from a few days to a few weeks, there would need to be a time -scale/ time-frame of at least 10 days before this could be considered to be your period.

If 10 days has passed from the miscarriage bleeding then this would likely be a period, and it may be a darker colour as old blood is still coming out, making it a darker colour, this is nothing to worry about, it's good that it's coming out and it's a good sign that you're bleeding, shows ur body is trying to balance and clean itself out.

Periods can also become much lighter/heavey after a miscarriage and ur period cycles will vary in lenght. As long as ur next period cycle is longer than 21 days and the blood blood must be for at least 3 days, even if light.

As long as this is hapening then u will be fine.

Wish u all the best.

Love Rachel x