premature amniotic sac rupture

I was pregnant with twins and I lost the first one in 8 weeks (wasn't growing properly) and second one in 15 weeks. This was an IVF pregnancy and everything was looking good with the second baby and I didn't have any unusual symptoms till on the 15 weeks, my water broke and I rushed in to the hospital. The ultrasound showed no heartbeat and I had d&c the next day. I need to know if this can be related to the cervix insufficiency but if that's the case, how come there was no heartbeat shown in the ultrasound or this could be a chromosomal issue? (The first genetic testing at 11 weeks also came out negative)
I'm very confused and sad. I'm really hoping to find some answers.
First of all, i am sorry for your loss. If you had an incompetent cervix, your wouldn't have had to have a DNC. with an incompetent cervix you dilate painlessly and the baby just sort of "falls out" i have heard horror stories of women sneezing or coughing and the baby just comes out. 15 weeks is really early for your water to break. did you have any contractions at all? i have lost 3 babies. went into pre term labor with my son at 20 weeks and he died 22 minutes after he was born, miscarried with my second and went into pre term labor with my 3rd at 16 weeks, doctors couldn't stop my contractions and my daughter died. it has been almost 1 year since my last delivery and i have seen tons of doctors and still have no answers. what type of genetic testing did they do? was this your first loss? You might want to look into MTHFR and getting tested for that if you haven't already. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your respond. I'm so sorry for your loss too. It must be devastating for you. I forgot to mention but I did actually deliver the baby and it was very painless (in the car, on our way to the hospital). After the doctor confirmed that there is no heartbeat, I came home but later I started to bleed very slowly so we didn't wait till we have the d&c tomorrow which I was scheduled. We went to the hospital and when we got there, the baby was already out (15 hours after my water broke) but they still did the d&c to make sure everything is out I guess. By the way, I did have some contractions. The same night I was just feeling that under my belly is stretching a little and little back pain which I thought it should be normal, that was it. After my water broke, 5 or 6 hours later, I had lower abdomen pain but wasn't sever. It was my first pregnancy. We tried for almost two years and because of my endometreiosis and fibroids (which they're located all outside of my uterus) and my DH low sperm quality, we went for IVF. First try I got pregnant with twins but I lost both. I'm not sure what kind of genetic testing they do but they said we need to see if the miscarriage was cause by the baby. I'll ask my doctor about the MTHFR too. But I'm still not sure if the cervix is the case, how come the baby didn't have heartbeat. It's very confusing and it happened so fast that I still can't believe I lost them.
Sorry for such a late response, hopefully you still see this.

At 15 weeks the baby is so tiny and a lot of times just can not handle the stress of labor, which is why the baby will die before actually being born. when my daughter was born at 16 weeks, they did an ultrasound about an hour before i had her and she was fine and had a strong heartbeat but she did not survive me pushing. my water never broke so i had to actually push a couple times to get her house and all the pressure caused her brain to hemorrhage and she died before she was born.

also, another thing they may want to check if they haven't already was if you had an infection. a lot of different infections can cause your water to break and labor to start. they should do a pathology report that you should be able to get a copy of in about 6 weeks, and that would show you any infections as well as abnormalities with the baby, placenta and umbilical cord. i would definitely ask your doctor about seeing this.
Thanks for writing me back :) I think they did a pathology report at the hospital. All I know that my doctor said, we'll do the genetic testing but I'm not sure if that includes the infections or placenta... hope it does.  Best of luck to all of us