Miscarriages Community
spotting and cramps 8wks

This support community is for discussions and support relating to miscarriages.

spotting and cramps 8wks

I am 7w6d. I started spotting pink blood and mild cramps the day after my transvaginal ultrasound. Before I went into have the ultrasound done I was PERFECT. NO PAIN NO CRAMPS NO BLOOD. Now all a sudden after the ultrasound I am having spotting and cramps. I am worried that the tech might have pocked my cervix to hard or something went wrong. I do remember telling her durning the exam that it hurts and she said ok we are almost done. That night I started cramping and the next day I noticed blood. I have had 5 miscarriages already and now I am worried that I may be having another misscarriage do to the ultrasound. I have not had sex in a few weeks because as in the past pregnancies I was told not too. I do not do heavy lifting, no stress .....noting to cause this all a sudden.
It is possible that she poke your cervix, I dont think I spotted after my first transvaginal ultrasound but I know I did after my pap smear..  because you just had the ultrasound and it started right after that, I feel that is the caue of the spotting but I really not sure about the cramping.  It could be normal growing pain maybe?  I hope everythign is okay.  If it turns into a blood flow, or cramping intensifies then i would get checked out.
After I had my trans scan I passed clot n bled alot seriously thought I'd ov lost baby but now I'm 21 weeks preg, n everythings fine if your scan went ok I wouldn't worry, she probably just irritated your cervix
Oh as for the cramping I also had that too afterwards, had to put my legs up n curl in a ball it was that intense
I am new to this site and I dont know how to send thank you notes to all that has sent me a post. So, thank you to Beccabb and PetiteWonder for your comment.

The pain has gone down since the transvaginal and only a lilttle bit of pink blood. My nervous are so worked up now. I feel like running back to the ER room to make sure she didnt do any damnage. But, on the other hand I feel like I might go through the same thing again. I am so confused right now as to what to do? I want this baby so bad its breaking my heart to have to sit and go thur this everday.
I know how you feel I waited a whole 7 weeks after I bled and passed the clots to actually find out if I had passéd the baby for that same reason, cos I didn't wanna risk bleeding again, just try n stay calm I know it's hard but when I had the scan n my blood pressure taken it was sky high!
To all,

I am updating my condition to maybe help others who are going thur the same problem as me. I am still have bleeding and cramping after the transvaginal ultrasound on the 22 nov.

I just went to the doctors on 11-30-10 and the my doctor told me that he see's where I am bleeding from. He did a exam and said that my cervix is bleeding and he is VERY SURE that this was caused from the transvaginal ultrasound. While he was doing the exam he said that I have a very sensetive cervix and any touch rather that be sex, pap, ultrasound......I will bleed. He explained to me that some woman just have a ultra senstive cervix.

Also, I was told that my cervix felt short. Which means in medical term that I am going to have to have whats called a "cerclage". This is the only way that I will be able to hold this currnet pregnancy. If I do not have this surgery done in about 4 weeks I will have preterm labor and delivery my baby around 18 weeks. So, right now I have no choice but to have this done. I have done ALOT of reading about this and the surgery is only 80 to 90% sucess. So, the odds of me loosing this baby are so high right now due to my condition.

I have already been pregnant 5 times and only one child who I gave birht too. I have a blighted ovumn, natural miscarriages and chemical miscarriages. So, I pray every night that somehow with this surgery that I will be able to hold this pregnancy.

For any ladies out here who has bleeding please get it chekced out! There may be a reason why you are bledding ....just like in my case.

Last, my doctor told me that when ANY PROFESSIONAL does a transvaginal ultrasound that it SHOULD NOT HURT! He told me that I should have requested for heer to stop. And, I should have reported it to the ER doctors. So, again please if it hurts speak up.