Newbie
Good evening every one, male 39, first attack in 94 official dx 2003. waiting for appointment at St.Mikes.
Thank you EL. Today was a day of big decisions and hard realities.
WELCOME!!! Nice to have new people to talk to. We all support each other around here. So welcome from your new friends. Hope we can give you some advice that helps.

That's a long time to wait for a diagnosis. What took so long? Or did your symptoms not get bad enough, until later? What type of symptoms are you having? Have you checked to see if St. Mikes has an neurologist who specializes in MS. That sure helps. My dr is an MS specialist. Got her name from the MS Society. Anyways take care and keep us posted.  Karina
Hello, just thought I would say 'hello' and welcome too. Em
Thanks for the warm welcome, it was that long before I had an attack bad enough to scare me. And yes St.Mike's in Toronto has a clinic for MS, and is also a teaching hospital
Hi and Welcome to the forum!!     Lots of great people here!

Hope to hear more from you!

Take care, Pat :)

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad you found it.  Everyone is pretty much in the same boat either trying to wade through the diagnostic process, or to figure out how to deal with symptoms and just to manage life in general, whether it's directly related to MS, or not.  It's a great place to bring your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears.  You'll probably see yourself in many of the threads, and it helps to realize you're not alone.  If and when you do feel that way, remember, we're here.  Come back often. ~Elaine
That's good to hear. It's nice to go to someone who has MS knowledge. Karina
Welcome to the forum!!  It's a great place to just talk and share stories.  It helps to know someone out there truly understands what you are going through.  Hope you find some relief here.
Corinne
Hi, Welcome to the forum!  So it was 9 years to diagnosis.  Would you be willing to share your story?  New people to the site have often remarked that it is really helpful to read the process that others went through to get here.  Are you on meds?  Gee, Toronto is such a gorgeous city.  I was only there once in the dead of January, but it was still beautiful.

You say that yesterday was a difficult day - in dealing with or confronting the diagnosis?  What has happened, if the offical dx was in 2003?  New relapse?

I'll bump up the thread with our stories of diagnosis.  It would be great if you would contribute.  I am a physician, not a nuero, tho, with MS.  After I post here I'll go to your question on "atrophy" and answer what I can.

Quix
I will sit down and tell my story after I feed the Wife & Kids this evening

Thank you all again for warm welcome. My wife is on the hep-C forum and it was a great help having people to share with.