intermittent symptoms in MS?
Hi everyone!

I know that MS is well-known for symptoms that come and go over time.  Remission, recurrence, all of that.  But when a person w/ MS is having an "attack", how variable can the symptoms be from day to day or hour to hour?

I have been having a number of odd symptoms for the last 2 months or so, some of them neurological in nature.  Mainly weakness and lack of dexterity in hands, arms, and legs.  Lately it's been mostly in my left side.  Also confusion & mood swings, general weakness, occasional pain in limbs, etc.  No vision problems.

The symptoms vary, and in fact the one constant thing about them is they don't last very long.  They come on suddenly, and are usually improved or mostly gone within an hour or so.  Then they'll come back again.  Sometimes I'll get several cycles like this in a day.

Does this sound like it could be MS, or is that pattern too variable to be MS?  I had a brain MRI more than a month ago, which was clean (although not interpreted by an MS expert), and I haven't yet seen a neuro.  (Got an appt. in a few weeks.)

Thanks!!  I'm worried but not making any assumptions at this point.
Your discription of symptoms are quite similair to mine.
Have you been diagnosed w/ MS, then?
I want to know this as well.