Neurology Expert Forum
Bilateral Arm Pain & Weakness/Sudden Onset
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bilateral Arm Pain & Weakness/Sudden Onset

I had 2 episodes this week where I had a sudden onset of pain and heaviness in both arms at the same time lasting about 2 minutes. It was frightening, but I had no shortness of breath or chest pains. I'm 44 y/o female. These episodes literally came out of nowhere. I'm thinking neuro but recently my perfect blood pressure history has changed. My diastolic is running in the 90's. Wanted to see if anyone has had this and what it may be. Thank you for any & all replies!
Related Discussions
  • MS-related? (1 replies):
    Can Multiple Sclerosis cause bulging discs?
  • Strange Irritating feeling (1 replies):
    I have an uncomfortable feeling from the back of my left...[more]
  • Eyes (1 replies):
    for past year I've been having difficulty focusing my si...[more]
  • ALS (1 replies):
    My husband was diagnosed with ALS in April 2010. Some pe...[more]
  • DROPSIES (1 replies):
    WHY DOES MY MIND SOMETIMES GO BLANK AND I DROP WHAT EVER...[more]
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I would suggest you be evaluated by your primary care physician. Sudden onset of arm symptoms may be related to the spinal cord, in which case you would need an MRI of your cervical cord to evaluate. I am not sure if your blood pressure is playing a role in your symptoms, but your primary physician can evaluate this as well.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.

2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your reply. I'm actually a nurse but Ivery never heard of this kind of symptom. I will follow up with my GP. THANKS again!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank