Brain cyst
I've had a scan a few weeks ago and they've discovered a brain cyst but they said that it has probably been there since my childhood. I have had headaches as long as i can remember.
But my question is that for a few months now i have buzzing sound in both ears, or when i cover my ears it seems to be inside my head and not in my ears. I wanted to know if this sound was linked to my brain cyst? And what about my headaches, is it linked as well to the brain cyst.
I have to add that i had a scan because my doctor thought i had a mini stroke and they've discovered this brain cyst by chance. The day it happened, i thought my brain was gonna explode, it was so strong, i have never had that sort of pain.
Thanks for any advice
Hi there.

The relation of the brain cyst and the buzzing sound on your ear will depend on the location of the cyst and its proximity with the ear structures.  If the cysts are located in the so called temporal lobe, then this may be related.  It is also hard to pin the headaches on this cyst if it is located within the brain tissue itself, since brain tissue does not feel the pain.  If the cyst however, is located near the bony structures or at the envelope of the brain called "meninges" then this may cause the headaches.  There can be other several causes to your headaches such as migraine or tension like headaches.  I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your doctors.

Regards.
Thanks for your help.
I just know that the brain cyst is in the third ventricule.
Anyway, i will check with my gp .