Burning in Thumb, index finger and middle finger tips.
I have just started getting this burning sensation, like I just touched something hot, in the tips of my thumb, index finger and middle finger. The worsens when I close my hand tightly but gets better if I soak it in water. What could be causing this?
Hi, Thank you for your question. Burning sensation, numbness or tingling sensation in any part of body is considered nerve related in origin. This burning sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!

I also have burning and itching in my fingertips. It varies on which fingers are affected. Water that feels warm to the rest of my hand feels very hot on my fingertips. I also get red blotches around the area when I have a flare up. Can this be a sign of carpal tunnel?  I was tested before because of arm/hand numbness at night but test was inconclusive