Neurology Community
CONSTANT TWITCHING FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

CONSTANT TWITCHING FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS

IM 28 YEARS OLD AND FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS I'VE HAD THE CONSTANT TWITCHING PROBLEM IN MY ARMS LEGS FEET FACE. FOR YEARS I BEEN IGNORING IT AFTER HAVING SEVERAL TEST RUN AND DOCTERS CANT TELL ME WHATS WRONG. JUST RECENTLY OVER THE PAST 2 WEEKS I STARTED TO DEVELOP TWITCHING IN MY HEAD, THE BACK OF MY NECK, PIN AND NEEDLE LIKE PAIN AND NUMBNESS IN MY TEMPLE SO NOW THE STRESS DEPRESSION & PAIN HAS RETURNED. I HAVE A SHARP PEIRCING PAIN IN MY WRIST AND I WAKE UP HAVING TO SHAKE MY HAND OUT BECAUSE ITS NUMB. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS. THE WORST THING ABOUT IT I HAVE NO MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR THE NEXT 90 DAYS & I FEAR WHEN I GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR I WILL HAVE NO ANSWERS.

This discussion is related to Paresthesias, Body Twitches - MS?.
Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through all of these, and I hope a can give my few cents worth.  From what you are describing it seems the symptoms are generalized and covering a lot of areas in your body.  This can point out to a primary nutritional problem like lack of essential vitamins (Vitamin B, E) and minerals (Calcium).  It can also mean a primary nerve problem like demyelinating diseases.  Your blood sugars and blood pressure should also have to be checked since elevated sugars and blood pressure may explain some of what you are experiencing.

For now I suggest you take a balanced diet and avoid stress as much as possible.  The trip to your doctor can help you very much and make sure you have a convincing explanation when you leave his/her office.

Regards and God bless...
You may want to ask to be tested for lyme disease when you are able to get testing done.
Hi there! You are not alone. I have had twitches all over my body for coming up on a year now. It is driving me crazy!! I finally will see a neurologist 3 weeks from now. It has taken me weeks to even get in with her because she is that booked. I have had low calcium and Vitamin D but my regular doctor said those levels have come up. I am also hypothyroid but that is normal and perfect now on my meds. So it is a mystery. Of course I am fearing the worst. Like ALS of MS or some other thing of that nature. I laid awake almost all night last night. I barely slept because of the worry. I have gotten myself all worked up that all I notice are the twitches, it's like I am making them worse. When will the nightmare end?
Does anyone know if head injuries can cause neurological problems? I remember this started happening to me right after i got punched in the head 5 times by my ex-brofriend