Neurology Expert Forum
Can endometriosis be in the spine?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can endometriosis be in the spine?

Can endometrios can be in the spine?  I have multiple haemangioma in lumbar spine plus lower back and hip pain.  I had a laparoscopy two years ago and had deep endometriosis removed from sacro-iliac ligaments and ovary.  Gyn then discharged me with no follow up, saying the problem was sorted.  Since then the pain has got unbelivably worse, and some days I can barely walk.  I also cannot urinate properly and now have to sef-catheterise daily or I get infections.  Last year spent a week in hospital with urinary retention.  From being super fit and a regular at the gym, I am now very weak in the hips, abdomen and legs, and nothing I do strengthens them.  Was told my endometriosis was only mild and it is all gone now so am complaining about nothing.  Just think doctors don't believe me any more.  Now I can't bend, squat, walk distances, I limp and get stopped in my tracks by hip pain, but my doctors think I've always been this way and am just unfit.  What can I do about assumptions and stereotypes?  Gyn said it was impossible for endo to be anywhere outside reproductive regions. Kind of feel this is too much of a coincidence as all my problems started from the surgery.  Any suggestions?  
Stumbled on this by accident. I have endometriosis and i have often wondered the same because my spinal cord goes numb from my neck to my ankles. I do know that you can get endometriosis in the lungs and on the bowel, so your gynycologist is telling porkies in rare cases i read you can get it in your kidneys and I get terrible pains in these areas myself so I would like information on this myself like what are the symptoms. My bowel was stuck to my uterus so there you go proof.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis but never had the laproscopic surgery because of other medical conditions at the time. I was told and also read that endometrial tissue can form just about any where in the body, often in the bladder and can cause usually benign tumors but some can become cancerous.

You might go back to your PCP and have the bladder thing checked out. You never know, you might have endometrial tissue in the bladder or endometrial tumors in the bladder causing the disfunction.

You might also consider googl'ing endometroisis to see if you can find out any other maybe supporting information to arm yourself with when you see a doctor.
I had endo. for a long time and didn't know it. I had painful periods and my lower back was killing me so I started going to chiro. I ended up having a hystorectomy because  the endometriosis had surrounded all the organs below my waist. The Dr. left my ovaries so I wouldn't go through menopause. Since then I have been ioslated from everyone because I have gone into a deep depression that no medication seems to help.
I wished I had so words of wisdom for you. Just hang in there and keep complaining about your back, Lord knows I know you are in pain. I had bladder issues as well. Ended up being diagnosised with a bladder spasms. But there was no medication prescribed because I have epilepsy and the Dr. did not want to interfer with the meds. I was already on.
Take care of yourself!!!!
Yes, endo can grow about anywhere. Some docs will say it is in your head, but it CAN grow on the spine. I am not a doc, but if I were you, I would find a new one! You have every right to get 2nd, 3rd and a million opinions if you are not cured!