Neurology Expert Forum
HEMANGIOMA WITHIN T11 VERTEBRAL BODY

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

HEMANGIOMA WITHIN T11 VERTEBRAL BODY
I have quick shot of pain when I lay down flat and move side on my back, specially on shoulder side.  So my orthopedic DR suggest MRI Thoracic Spine and found HEMANGIOMA WITHIN T11 VERTEBRAL BODY.He has mention nothing to do and told me to take some physical therapy but it did not help me much. It does not effect my daily activity but sitting on chair give me pain on my right buttock and I am scare doing exercise or yoga. Does right side of my buttock pain caused by Hemangioma? Any specialist DR in Montgomery county, MD who specialized on Spinal Hemangioma. Would you please provide help on this.  
Thank you very much
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Vertebral hemangiomas are common tumors incidentally found on neuro-imaging, mostly in the thoracic region. They typically have a benign, asymptomatic course, but rarely they will enlarge and can cause pain, fracture, etc. These lesions typically do not require treatment. If a patient has pain and a hemangioma is found, other causes of pain should be evaluated.

The buttock pain would not be caused by a lesion at T11. Have you had your lower back (lumbar and sacral regions) imaged?

I would suggest you discuss your pain with your physician. You may benefit from physical therapy.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.

I have the exact pains you have and was told my MRI results were normal but after receiving my health records today, I see that there is an hemangioma in the T11 vertebral body.