Indentation in top of head
I was really hoping for a suggestion as to why I may have developed an indentation in the top of my head. At first I thought I was crazy, and that it was impossible for that to happen, but over the last few months it seems to have grown and now anyone who feels the top of my head can easily feel it. It scares me, especially since my husband had brain surgery less than 2 years ago- (symptoms completely different of course) I am 35 years old, the only time I remember hitting my head really hard is when I was in elementary school and I fell and hit my head on a tile floor. I have had a history of passing out and having seizures but the doctors never figured out for sure what caused it and it hasn't happened for a few years. The best they came up with was blood sugar, and dehydration as a cause for those episodes, although I never had a MRI or anything of my head. I don't get pains from it, it may be a little tender if I press on the indent kind of hard. Is there any condition that would cause my skull to cave in? please help!
Hi there!

What you are going through is really unusual.  I suggest you consult with your doctor and have x-rays done to see if there are indeed some problems with the bones.  Some conditions that I can think of (though cannot fully explain what you are experiencing) are Vitamin D and Calcium deficiency that can weaken the bones, or it can be a normal anatomic variant.  In some persons, the fontanelles (the skull openings when we were babies), fail to calcify and close that can lead to this deformity (this is very rare).

So I suggest you consult your doctor and hope you get a good explanation.  Regards..
I have exactly the same thing! It's at the back of my skull, towards the top. It feels very tender, almost bruised. The indent itself doesn't really hurt when pressure is applied, but its border feels swollen.
I haven't hit my head recently, and can't even remember a time when I have before. I thought it might have been something to do with the sutures, but I'll be going to see my Doctor soon to get some scans done. He should be able to tell me what the problem is... I hope.
I too have same problem. I too feel like cave on top of my head.
I sent you a message-= check your inbox with update about my indent.
Hi, Lynn. I am new to this forum and I do not know how to inbox you. Anyhow, I just got my "dent" about a week ago and I am worried. The spot along the dent is very tender, it burns and almost feels like it wants to crack open. Is it my imagination? My neck hurts, too. Memory going down the drain, as well as vision. What have been your results since you developed the dent until now. I would really appreciate the help!
I have this also,  any news on what it is?
Since my first post I have seen my doctor who said she had never seen anything like it before- It gets a little frustrating having everyone keep asking you "are you sure it hasn't always been there?"  Like I wouldn't know if I had a big dent in my head my whole life! anyway she sent me to take an MRI and CT scan to rule out any tumors and such- which it did, there weren't any. Then she sent me to a neurosurgeon at University of Washington- Harborview in Seattle. He also said that he had never seen anything like it. And since he is a world class surgeon who performs difficult and rare brain surgerys daily this must be pretty rare! He said that the scans don't show any cause for this to be happening and it looks like it is curving in rather than the bone thinning in that area. At this point it isn't affecting my brain, so he wants me to repeat the scans in October and come back so he can see if there are any changes. Keep in touch if you find anything out about yours. and feel free to send me a message in my inbox - I have a watch on this post and my inbox and I recieve an email whenever anyone posts to it. It would be nice  to compare notes to see if there are any symptoms in common or something in common that could be the cause.
I have an indentation on top of my head that I am getting checked out in a couple of weeks.It's been here for years but is getting sensitive and seems to be growing larger.Jen3000:So glad that tumors were ruled out for you.Bet you are relieved.I am also wondering if the indentation could have anything to do with why my heart goes dangerously out of rythym everytime I take practicly all meds.This has been a mystery to doctors.I am 34 years old but this has been happening for ten years and is just getting worse.I am a strong person but ofcourse this scares me.
Same here with all youve said..have u heard anything.? Mines is on right side
I believe PaulMD may be on to something.  I have been looking for an explanation to whey a tender soft spot has appeared on my head suddently, and I've been freaking out a little, especially because I had yet to find anything that made any sense on the computer.  BUT, I believe I've finally found it.  The whole VIT D/Calcium deficieny makes a bunch of sense.  I just saw another post that mentioned proper diet, and I suppose not coincidentally, a month and a half ago I started the Atkins Diet, and it has been in that time frame that this dent has appeared.  I bet I'm not getting in enough nourishment.  Does anyone else know if this is a side effect of high protien, exremely low carb diets?
Hello- I discovered an indention on the top of my head over the summer. I blew it off for awhile and then thought maybe I should go to the doctor. I was really upset when I left his office. He made it sound like I too have had it forever, I find it hard to believe that for 31 years I have never noticed it before now. One thing I have noticed is that when I put my sunglasses up on my head when I don't want to wear them, the indention gets deeper??? I think I will try to get more Vit D/Calcium, see if that works. Something TY70 said hit home. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I started weight watchers about a year ago??? I have lost 20 pounds- but now I have an indention :)  My biggest question is should I spend a ton of money on hundreds of test or let it go??
I just went to the doc last week.He said that my indent is NOT normal.He smiled and said,"Let's just say it's interesting".I'm going for a cat scan next week on Fri.He suggested that I may have had a cuncussion that I did not get tended to.Anyways,they are going to get a good pic of my brain and skull on Fri.I will also be going to see a neurologist once my doctor get's a look at the results from the cat scan.I hope it's just not waisting away....my skull you know??That is a scary thought but I will let everyone know what the docs say.
Greetings,

I was doing some on line research when I cam across your forum. I am glad that there are others in the same boat with me! A few days ago my boyfriend was being romantic and was stroking my hair when all of a sudden the top of my head felt like he took a bat to me. I let out a scream and grabbed my head and that is when I noticed an indentation on my head. The whole area was so sensitive that just moving the hair was painful. At first I thought it was because I was wearing a hair band, but it is now 4 days later and the indentation is still there and it is still sensitive, especially in the center. Starting today it has also started to feel like it is on fire at times and then goes to a dull ache.  Just like a few of you, I had a head injury when I was younger that required a trip to the hospital complete with x-rays. I did have a concussion, but can not recall exactly where. About three years ago I also started to get menstrual headaches and just recently started to use Treximet to control the headaches. I am now wondering if the menstrual headaches are connected. I am also having problems with numbers the past year. They are no longer my friend! I will want to write one number, but will write some other number instead. Just today I was writing down a date and I keep writing the wrong numbers, even when I tried to concentrate on the number I wanted to write, I still wrote numbers that were not even close.  This has had me very frustrated as well. Has any one else had problems like these as well? I do have a doctors appointment, but not until December 29th.  If I am still symptomatic at that time I would love to see some suggestions on tests that I can ask to be run. Sorry this is long winded, just nice to know that I am not alone…or crazy!
It's interesting to hear that doctors have never come across something like this, yet there are numerous posts about it.

I too have this large indent that I only noticed a couple months ago, its almost as of someone removed part of my skull. There's also a lump near the top.
Hello...I too have an indention in the back of my head, it is at the top and a little to the left.  I started having headaches in October everyday.  This is right about the time that I was laid off from my job.  I noticed the indent probably about a year ago but it had never hurt and wasnt sensitive.  Since October i have had the headaches and my head is very sensitive to the touch.  One touch and the headaches start...I was finally able to get in to my doctor who told me that "lumpy skulls" are not uncommon and there are lots of people with indents and soft spots.  He sent me for a CT and it all came back normal.  What we have figured out is that my neck has a pinched nerve that is making my neck/shoulder muscles tense and very tight.  These muscles run from my neck up to the top/back of my head.  This is why everything is so sensitive to the touch.  I have noticed that when i stretch out my neck and/or rub it, it makes the headache disappear. Since I had been laid off, I was spending hours at the computer searching online for jobs...of course my posture while sitting at the computer for hours on end is what has started all of this.  Hopefully with some PT on my neck and lots of massages, it will all resolve itself.  It is just nice knowing that my CT was normal.  I am still going to start taking more Vit D/Calcium...cant hurt any.  
this is hapening to me and my family it is some type of parasite i think for us at least. it is like a large worm i can feel move on my scalp and after i feel it move there is a big indent where it was. if anyone can help that would be great my e-mail is ***@****

And now enters the metaphysical aspect to all of this.  I also have formed an indention at the top back part of my head.  I am very much into looking at things metaphysically and my indention formed last year during a period of time I spent with a Medicine Man that I was shooting a documentary about.  I am a very stable person and people tend to come to me with questions but I understand that some of the things I say can seem far out there.  I am also very spiritual and see all life as being connected.  This being said I will briefly explain my experience.

I am 31 years old now but was 30 when it appeared which I have noticed is about the same age as everyone else in this forum.  I am a vegetarian who is very aware of what minerals and vitamins my body needs and though I may be lacking in some I do my best by taking special formulas for this.  The vitamin D/Calcium thing is interesting but I believe there is more to it than that.  I could be wrong.  Mine began with a weird sensation in the side of my head where I could feel my cranial fluids moving.  My massage therapist and medical student friends have confirmed that this is an accurate assertion.  There were some small head aches for about a week in these areas as well.  After about two weeks all of this stopped and I suddenly got the impulse to feel the top of my head.  That is when I noticed the indention.

I have also been doing yoga, meditation and taking something called monatomic gold and ORME's formulas to help raise my frequencies and reach higher states of health and consciousness.  My gut feeling is that my indention is part of this path of higher consciousness.  I've heard that the either the Atlanteans or possibly the Lemurians had holes on the top of their heads to allow their Pineal and Pituitary glands to receive more cosmic energy or prana.  I have noticed an increase in my awareness and abilities to astral travel.  

I live a very healthy life.  I write and make movies and I feel that my mental clarity and memory is still very good in my life if not better than it's ever been before.  So I feel this could all be a part of our spiritual evolutions as humans but it is still nice to here that those brain scans came back good, lol.  Please feel free to laugh at my way of looking at it and it could be way off.  But it's what I feel.  Thanks for sharing and letting me share as well.  
Wow, Include me in too. I am here for vibrating in my stomach and somehow came across this.Yep I got an indent in top front of my head. I noticed about 2 months ago and I thought about having it checked out but didnt. I have noticed mine has filled in for now. I dont know why or how it happened but its not as deep as it was. Unless it starts getting deeper I will probably not worry so much about it. I am curious, with all of us having these dents in are heads why do the doctors all say its abnormal?
If you type in adult soft spot on google you will get a different Med Help Group over the same thing, I'm 17, and i'm a worry person and i have 1 on the top back part of my head, I worry cause it is really noticeable and i don't think that it is normal, sometimes it feels strong and sometimes it doesn't i went and got a X-Ray at the hospital and they said everything was fine, it kinda relieved me, but i'm still worrying that maybe if i get in a fight and get hit directly in that spot that maybe it will kill me, and i worry about that alot. It like 3in long, 2.5in wide and 0.5 in deep it really scares me, so if anyone finds out anything else please let me know. THANK YOU

Google Search- Adult Soft Spot
I was also wondering that if you push on your skull long enough in the same spot really hard, can it sink down and make a hole to ur brain, or can it start to sink down and become really weak. Everyday all day I push on my dent, hard and sometimes it feels strong and then sometimes it feels like the bone get weaker. I push on it once and it feels kinda strong and then if i push a few more times it starts feeling like there isn't anything there and that my finger just keeps sinking down. Then I will take my hand and rub all 4 fingers and push on the one side of my head really hard and then squeeze the meat together so it feels like it isn't there. I do it so much that it rubs the meat on my head raw. I push really hard and it is starting to feel like it is sinking down where i push my 4 fingers, but the scary part is, I got a X-Ray done and the doc said everything was good, but i can't stop and thats what scares me. The Doc Said that the skull can't sink or weaken from pushing on it, but hes not that good of a doctor. So if anyone knows if you push on your skull and if you could end up pushing a hole through it, or weaking it up and it sinking down. PLEASE Write Back. Thank You
I am 29 & noticed a bald spot on my head about 2 weeks ago. Along with the bald spot is an indentation. Did any of you have a bald spot? Well I went to my dermatologist & he took a piece of skin & has sent it off to find out what is going on. We'll find out next week what is going on.
I'm freaking out a little.  I've been getting sharp but short lasting headaches all on the back and side of my skull for about a month now.  Today I randomly decided to feel my head for bumps and found an indent on the top back of my head.  A few years back I remember banging that same part of my head on a tree and never saw a doctor for it. I'm 20 and the indent is not that large but I definatly did not always have this.  
Wow there have been a lot of people who have commented on this since my original question over a year ago! I still don't have an answer for mine, but I am really interested in what the outcome of the skin test for an29. That is one test they haven't done on me. I had my scans repeated in Oct. and the size of my indent had not changed since July. I basically have to watch to see if it changes. They still don't have any idea as to the cause. I do have a B12 def. but I have been giving myself monthly injections for that for over a year - so I think if it was that it would have filled in again by now. Assuming that if the problem is corrected that it will heal itself. A more recent discovery is that I am also Vit. D def. and took a prescription dose in Dec. and again in March. I don't notice a change yet- but maybe it will help. I don't know if there is any link to my injury as a child when I hit my head- I never went to a hospital back then. As to the guy who links this to enlightenment- I wish it was. I have always had feelings about things and people and I have never found them to be wrong- but I don't think they have been any stronger or more often now that I have the dent.
I wish everyone luck- and one thing I've noticed is that some people promise to update their results and don't- I know this is easy to do, It's taken me awhile to get back to it because life gets in the way- but if we try to remember maybe one of us will figure it out, or help another. Thanks!
dad
your headache, indent,and your other symptoms are cause by using wireless devices and being to EMF and RF signals stop using them.
I am also guilty of not reposting to tell  my results...I have a large indent on the top of my head towards the back.  I have had three doctors look at it and also a neurologist.  I have had a CT scan, all kinds of blood work done and everyone has the same thing to tell me...it is nothing and either something that I was born with but may not have noticed as it could have changed as I grew...meaning as a baby I probably had a normal skull...or had some kind of injury.  I dont remember an injury, but could have happened when I was smaller...my mother is not alive so I cannot ask her.  Back to the point...the last dr that I went to is a wonderful dr and truly did everything he could think of to try to find out what is causing it.  According to my CT scan...it is not that it is an indent, but only my skull is thicker in spots...the neurologist also said this as well.  I was always scared that if the indent got any worse, how far until it affected my brain??  But that is not the case as my skull is not sinking in, only thicker in spots that makes it look like an indent.  So to sum it all up...out of 4 different drs, I do feel better and not afraid that something is truly wrong...as they all did say the same thing.  Hope this helps!