LAMICTAL RASH
Does anyone know how the side effect rash looks like or strats from taking lamictal.  My problem is I just started taking it 5 days ago and now I feel like bugs are crawling all over me.  I have a rash starting on my leg that itches like a razor rash.  I am not sure if I am having severe anxiety attack or if this is a side effect from the Lamictal.  Please respond if you know anything about this.  I am going crazy.
Hi there.

Allergic side effects from any drugs can come in various presentations.  Some would manifest with a generalized rash accompanied by itching and sometimes difficulty of breathing.  For severe cases, the person may have severe distress and may cause some drop in the blood pressure (this is called anaphylaxis).  In your situation, the localized rash with the itch may indeed be a manifestation of an allergic reaction, and the proximity of these symptoms with the time the rashes manifest indicates this possibility.  I suggest that you inform your doctor about this as soon as possible.

Regards and God bless.
I was taking Lamictal for about 2 months.  I suddenly noticed blisters on my legs.  If felt like sunburn and then after a few days it started severly itching.  I have been trying to clear this up now for a month and to have been on Prednizone twice.  It looked as though it was clearing up, And all of a sudden last night it flaired up again. Now it is on more of my legs, backside, fingers and wrists.  I am going back to the doctor tomorrow.  I am beside myself, because I don't know how long this is going to last.  My doctor took me off of Lamictal immediately. So it has been a month since I stopped taking it.

Hang in there.  You are not alone.