Neurology Expert Forum
No feeling in lower legs and feet have pins and needles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi-

I have no feeling in my lower legs, they are numb, and my feet feel like pins and needles.  Can you tell me what it could be??  Should I be worried???  What direction do I need to go in??

Thank you.
T
Its difficult for me to comment with the information you gave me

If this is acute or of sudden onset, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible

If this is chronic, you may have some form of peripheral neuropathy - a problem with the ends of the nerves supplying the lower extremities
there is a broad list of causes of which the most common can be checked for by your local neurologist - like diabetes, B12, folate, autoimmune diseases, monoclonal antibodies tests, thyoid function, among others - all blood tests
Nerve conduction studies and a needle EMG of the leg may also provide some insight and provide objective evidence that a problem with the nerves exist.

Good luck
I have feelings in my legs, but i need a walker in order to walk. I started with the sam stmptoms. I had srugery a year and a half ago. diagnosed with cervical mteopathy, and i got wrost. Now I cann't seem to find any help. They just tell me to deal with it. I get so depressed all the time. Hope you get answers.
if you have no feelings in your legs and this came on abruptly or subtly, you should go to the er and get this checked out..good luck
I can relate.I live with this daily.
I'd contavt your Dr. He can advise you in the right way for a treatment.If it's extreme I'd go to my local ER.
A related discussion, pins and needles in the legs suddenly , and then weakness in legs , lasts about two monutes was started.
A related discussion, berni was started.