Neurology Expert Forum
Pain in right side of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain in right side of head

I am have serve pain in the right side back and ear area.  My ears are clear and the MRI was clear.  I also have a dropy eye and the pulip is very tiny and does not open up more.  When my pulips are usually open wide.  What do you think is going on here.
I cannot make a clinical diagnosis without examining you and reviewing your history and tests. The normal MRI helps to exclude structural abnormalities, masses, and some inflammatory changes. Was a MRI of the arteries performed. I assume that the head pain, small pupil, and droopy eyelid are all on the same side. If this is the case, this could represent a problem with your carotid artery, specifically a condition called Horner's syndrome. Horner's syndrome results from an interruption of the sympathetic nerve fibers to the face. I cannot tell you if this is likely without seeing you. I would recommend that you discuss with your doctors, as soon as possible, the possibility for Horner's syndrome and a carotid dissection. If this is the case immediate therapy may be needed to prevent further damage. If you develop new symptoms such as weakness on the opposite side of the body, difficulty talking, or a more severe headache you should go to the emergency room. Good luck.
Yes the pain is on the same side.  The ER told us that they did not see a tumor or aneurysm.  And then sent us home with pain medicine and to see a Neurologist.  Do we call our doctor back and ask about Horner's syndrome and carotid dissection?  We are waiting to here for an appointment.  Do I push the issue to see doctor now?
Again, I am at a loss since I have not seen you, but I would call your primary doctor and discuss your symptoms with him/her. Again, a carotid dissection is on the list of possibilities. This could also simply be a headache. But without more information I cannot seperate the two, and since the carotid dissection can be dangerous I just want to make sure someone considers this. I wish I could be of more help. Good luck.
A related discussion, pain on right side of head was started.
A related discussion, Head Back Right Side Pain was started.
A related discussion, headaches was started.
A related discussion, Pain in right side of top of head was started.