Shunt moving around
My daughter had a VP shunt placed when she was 16 months old as a result of hydrocephalus.
She is now 10 years old and as far as i can remeber she has had head aches since she was really little.
Recently she has complained that her shunt   has moved around to the front of her neck which as well as being uncomfortable also makes her feels sick causing her to gag.
She has had scans that comfirm that the shunt is working and we have been told they will not operate if its just a problem of discomfort.
We are awaitng a appointment in the uk ( we currently live in Germany ) at Southampton where she was treated to see what they say. If anyone has had a problem where there shunt has moved and caused them problems please write back Thank you
PLS HELP............

My son born 32 weak (8 month), after 4 month of born he is surgery of V-P shunt as per doctor suggestion, wright know  he is 5 years, till time he is ok..
but wright know he is trouble of paning of head so i checked the pressure of eyes from doctors as per doctors report no problem for shunt, shunt working is fine.
but he suffred from paning of head so he comletly sleeping last 3-4 days, from yesterday he was normal playing 3-4 hrs in day but everytime he saying that paning of head.  ( wright know no ommiting & no feaver) but i cant understood why paning in head. so i request you pl suggest me what i do ?
pl revert .. mobile no- 09320430286
id ring ur nero surgon just in  case ive had a shunt fitted and whenever i get my syptoms they always want to check it out hope this helps.
Hi Ganesh,
are u residing in Pune....
I am also a parent like you.. my son is also born in 8th month and operated with VP shunt at the age of 1 month now his age is 17 months.

can I call you on your mobile, I want to know the growth of your child, when he start walking and speaking, I feel so sad when other child of his age started walking but he did not do so... pls share your experience.

Please tell me how is your kid now... his headache is ok now or still he is having pain....God bless your kid....