Neurology Community
Thigh pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Thigh pain

I have been having very bad upper inner thigh pains the last few weeks. it brings tears to my eyes. ive found myself crawling into another room trying to ignore the pain to take care of my kids, because i cant walk or put weight on my leg. do you have any ideas what it might be or how to help the pain??? thanks,

This discussion is related to Inner Thigh Pain/Weakness/Bruises.
Hello Dear,
Your pain is probably related to the spine and may be due to nerve compression.You should see a neurologist and go in for MRI and nerve conduction studies.
Best

what did you ever do about that problem? because im 19 years old n have the exact same pain but ive been ignoreing it for the past 5 months.... what do i do..please wb
im also 19 and have the same problem.. every time i exert my thighs by either running or playing football my inner thigh starts burning up.. the pain is almost unbearable!! ANY HELP WOULD BE EXTREMELY APPRECIATED  
I have pain that runs down from my groin to my knee.I only feel it when I stand or walk, but it comes and goes, more so when I've been on my legs alot. That pain is in my right leg and in my left leg there is pain in my knee. I am not crazy, but my doctor ( a county doctor) seems to dismiss it.
I had a second lumbar surgery in June of 2012 and since have had pain in my inner thighs especially the left. Sometimes so bad I can't move. Inner thighs are painful to touch and sometimes really bad. Only goes down to my knees though. Has been worse lately. Anyone know what the cause is or what can be done to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated immensely.
Hi, hopefully you have found some answers by now but I wanted to post because I have a similar problem. I have painful inner thighs due to extremely tight muscles. My leg muscles, butt, and abdominal muscles are very tight with painful trigger points. These points are extremely painful to touch. This also all ties in to pelvic floor dysfunction so I have pelvic pain as well. Have had 4 treatments with physical therapist and am starting to see improvement. I do stretching exercises daily and meditation to try and help relax muscles. I am a female, 44 yrs. Old. Maybe something to look into. If you have questions feel free to write back.  Christa
I get strange leg pains in different parts of my legs on random occasions..  If it is like a spasm, you may want to talk to your doctor about possibly trying a calcium-magnesium supplement or epsom lotion.  I like epsom lotion but sometimes I need stronger stuff.