Neurology Community
Tremors, Headaches,nose bleeds,numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Tremors, Headaches,nose bleeds,numbness

I am a 22 yr old Male, i am in great shape and currently in the US Marines, i have been to the military doctors and i am still looking for more answers. I started getting shakes in my right hand about two years ago, since then it has progressed to both hands and arms, it affects my speak at times along with my eyes, about 4 months ago i started getting bad migranes (migraines), and at random times throughout the day my hands and fingers go numb. I mentioned nose bleeds because i have always had these and as a kid i was told i would grow out of them and i never have. The Neuro. only saw me a few times and just closed the case by saying i have essential tremors, but there is no family record of anyone else ever having this. I guess i am just worried because it is starting to affect my career and i am in Iraq right now, the tremors are getting more noticable. I have read alot about ET and most cases i have found are in people 40+ not at the age of 22, my wife is concerend and i dont know if anyone else knows but military doctors are over worked and booked and i always fill as if they think you are just trying to get out of work or deployment with medical issues. Well in my case i down talked my problems to deploy and now i am a little worried that i shouldnt have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks John
I Really need some help on this
Avatar n tn
I am sorry nobody has commented or helped you so far.  I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for myself because I'm facing the exact same thing you are.  I recently transferred from an infantry division to an airforce unit with the Canadian Forces.  I don't want to be mustered out, especially for a medical reason, and I am to be tasked next summer.  Being on a rotation I understand you don't have any resources other than the military DR's who as you say think you might be "using" your condition.  But have you found out anything?  I'd really appreciate hearing something if you have.  Let me know. Thanks
Avatar n tn
By the way, I''m also really sorry you're having to go through this hell while your over there serving.  Keep up the good work and stay safe man.
Hey Marine, I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like whatever you've got is NOT Essential Tremor. By now I assume you are back from Iraq since I went to Iraq in April and am already home. I started experiencing tremors in the final months I was in Iraq and have still not gotten any answers. The military doctors have run blood tests and come up with nothing and the neurologist I saw came up with nothing too. They said it was probably from working out too much, but since I haven't worked out more than once in the past 3 weeks, I highly doubt it. A social worker at the VA suggested that I try to see a civilian neurologist, because they're going to ttry to figure it out from a completely different point of view than someone who thinks it's military related. Just a thought. Let me know what you've found out.